OP Prestige

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
I'm sure the people who prefer PC will play on PC. As for cross-platform do you mean cross-play? If they did do cross-play I'm sure it would either only be for certain modes and/or an option you can turn on and off, not sure why that would be a reason for you to not play it.
Prestige wrote:
I'm not. Or is 343 making this cross platform? If they are I'm buying call of duty 8 instead.
Why do you not want it to be cross-platform? It made Sony look like a huge jerk when they disabled cross-play on their games. More players = more fun.
I won’t I’ve got better things to do.
Cross-platform could be a thing, but VERY limited due to the advantage of PC gamers. I personally would stick with Xbox because I can't afford a gaming rig.
Cross platform is perfectly possible just by requiring pc users to use a controller when entering those playlists. If little studios like Metalhead can figure it out I'm confident 343i can.
I mean, they could just start using M&K mid-game... unless the game intentionally disables it, forcing PC gamers to use controller. However, just like GameCheat easily created a modding tool for Halo 5, I'm sure someone could potentially create an application that overwrites this functionality.
What CoverMyMeds was probably going for is that the game would obviously disable all input from the mouse and keyboard during gameplay in the playlist (could still be available in menus).

As far as hacking the game to circumvent restrictions is considered, well, it's cheating to begin with, so there are obviously bans abound for anyone who gets caught. This, and the need to use hacks to begin with will already discourage the most sensible bunch from attempting it. For those who still insist, I figure that it's probably reasonably easy to set up measures to detect these kinds of cheaters and boot them from the game. For example, the game can send information about the direction the player's facing to the server. With that information, I imagine it's pretty easy to distinguish mouse patterns from analog stick patterns. Mouse movements generally tend to be more rapid and discontinuous. The hackers could of course work around this, but only by putting restrictions on how aiming with a mouse behaves, which would kind of negate the point of using a mouse.
Most likely not. While its possible Infinite will release on PC, I don't think Xbox One players will be flocking to PC if it does. The Xbox One X is still powerful asf and can render some really amazing looking stuff.
Most likely not. While its possible Infinite will release on PC, I don't think Xbox One players will be flocking to PC if it does. The Xbox One X is still powerful asf and can render some really amazing looking stuff.
It will release on PC.

Powerful for a console, sure, but overall it's not.
tsassi wrote:
Cross-platform could be a thing, but VERY limited due to the advantage of PC gamers. I personally would stick with Xbox because I can't afford a gaming rig.
I mean, they could just start using M&K mid-game... unless the game intentionally disables it, forcing PC gamers to use controller. However, just like GameCheat easily created a modding tool for Halo 5, I'm sure someone could potentially create an application that overwrites this functionality.
What CoverMyMeds was probably going for is that the game would obviously disable all input from the mouse and keyboard during gameplay in the playlist (could still be available in menus).

As far as hacking the game to circumvent restrictions is considered, well, it's cheating to begin with, so there are obviously bans abound for anyone who gets caught. This, and the need to use hacks to begin with will already discourage the most sensible bunch from attempting it. For those who still insist, I figure that it's probably reasonably easy to set up measures to detect these kinds of cheaters and boot them from the game. For example, the game can send information about the direction the player's facing to the server. With that information, I imagine it's pretty easy to distinguish mouse patterns from analog stick patterns. Mouse movements generally tend to be more rapid and discontinuous. The hackers could of course work around this, but only by putting restrictions on how aiming with a mouse behaves, which would kind of negate the point of using a mouse.
That clears it and I agree. Thanks.
It will be cross platform "hence" 343i and Microsoft are making Halo: Infinite Anti hackable on PC. Through Xbox portale this is possible!
Naqser wrote:
It will release on PC.

Overall it's not? 4k 60 fps HDR isn't powerful overall? Lmao ok
Naqser wrote:
It will release on PC.

Compared to a well built PC no console is that powerful. In addition you need a 4k screen to be able to experience 4k.
Naqser wrote:
It will release on PC.

Even tho I prefer console to PC, there is no denying pc dwarfs console in power. There's a reason pc has has been in the 4 world for so much longer than console. Pc's can be built to twice the specs that even the one x is built to.
PC's and consoles are different animals. The personal computer was always sold as a tool that the owner could customize through both hardware and software in order to get it to function optimally for the task at hand. Consoles were developed to bring arcade games into the living room. Arcade games generally had a joystick and maybe two buttons for controls. PC games generally required an entire keyboard and a mouse, minimum. PC's are designed to be repaired and upgraded by the owner. If you open a console you will void the warranty.

Halo CE and 2 were available for PC. That practice stopped. Why? because PC games get hacked. Always have, always will. Although it's not like it used to be, PC gamers are far more likely to know the inner workings of both the machine and the software, and the PC itself give them the ability to hack. Consoles are for people that don't know jack about computers and don't want to know. They just want the game to work when they load it. Halo is too valuable a franchise to risk having it jeopardized by hackers, which is what was happening with CE and 2 for PC. The Halo PC experience was much different from the console experience, and the console experience is way easier to control.

A cross-platform game is a noble ambition, but I seriously doubt hackers would leave a Halo PC game alone. Hackers hack for the challenge. Microsoft stating that their latest Halo PC game can't be hacked is just asking for it.
PC's and consoles are different animals. The personal computer was always sold as a tool that the owner could customize through both hardware and software in order to get it to function optimally for the task at hand. Consoles were developed to bring arcade games into the living room. Arcade games generally had a joystick and maybe two buttons for controls. PC games generally required an entire keyboard and a mouse, minimum. PC's are designed to be repaired and upgraded by the owner. If you open a console you will void the warranty.

Halo CE and 2 were available for PC. That practice stopped. Why? because PC games get hacked. Always have, always will. Although it's not like it used to be, PC gamers are far more likely to know the inner workings of both the machine and the software, and the PC itself give them the ability to hack. Consoles are for people that don't know jack about computers and don't want to know. They just want the game to work when they load it. Halo is too valuable a franchise to risk having it jeopardized by hackers, which is what was happening with CE and 2 for PC. The Halo PC experience was much different from the console experience, and the console experience is way easier to control.

A cross-platform game is a noble ambition, but I seriously doubt hackers would leave a Halo PC game alone. Hackers hack for the challenge. Microsoft stating that their latest Halo PC game can't be hacked is just asking for it.
What he said. I had a halo CE aimbot. I could make my shotgun shoot tank rounds, make my grenades have 5x the explosion, or even make a scorpion fly like a banshee. It was amusing as he'll.
With new consoles around the corner, i think its a great time to release Master chief collection on pc, get new players into halo on pc a good year before halo infinite is out. Then they can do a duel release for Halo infinite and this way they would create new fans. Right now it seems like a bad idea to keep halo only on xbox. This gen has been bad for MS and xbox , the new xbox no matter how good it is, is going to be met with reservations. Halo master chief collection sales have probably stalled at this point anyway, once the new consoles release, what are they going to do release mc collection again on the new xbox? Seems like a waste, anyone who already has stuck with xbox would already own MC collection. So bringing MC collection to PC will bring new players to the franchise and may even help increase sales of Halo infinite. They could also be sneeky and release Halo infinite only on the new xbox after MC collection is out on pc. Then release Halo infinite 6 months later on pc.

If they dont do any of these things , then i really dont see halo infinite attracting new players, and only core fans will buy the game. Halo has been around for so long, they really need to bring new people into the franchise and Bringing MC collection to more people is a great way of doing that.

I for one would prefer to play on pc, but ofc pc will always have cheaters ect, so as a halo fan id totally play halo on xbox and pc, xbox for mp if pc has a cheating issue, and for campagin pc for higher settings.
I personally will not be going to PC. The culture of cheating is to rampant and 3rd parties do not police it well enough. Which is why I prefer a closed platform, and will gladly pay for XBL & PS+ because Sony, and ESPECIALLY Xbox investigate and police cheating.

Now if there is cross play I will not be playing Halo online any longer.
smasher555 wrote:
Naqser wrote:
It will release on PC.

Compared to a well built PC no console is that powerful. In addition you need a 4k screen to be able to experience 4k.
So What? You need a 4k tv for PC too. The Xbox One X's advantages aren't just graphical, as load times are much quicker, downloads are faster, games crash very rarely, etc. Not to mention you don't even need a 4k tv to see great improvement in overall visual fidelity. The Xbox One X pretty much is the equivalent to a well-built PC. Just about every well-built PC has a graphical max of 4k 60 fps HDR. PC's that can go past stat cost about the same amount as a car.
I know I wont.
The Xbox One X's advantages aren't just graphical, as load times are much quicker, downloads are faster, games crash very rarely, etc. Not to mention you don't even need a 4k tv to see great improvement in overall visual fidelity. The Xbox One X pretty much is the equivalent to a well-built PC. Just about every well-built PC has a graphical max of 4k 60 fps HDR. PC's that can go past stat cost about the same amount as a car.
Um, no.

The Xbox One X has no graphical advantage over any PC of the same age. If anything, the Xbox X's graphics are standard. Load times are much quicker than the Xbox One, or quicker than any machine that uses a Hard Disk. These days everything is solid state for both PC and console. Again, the Xbox X's load times are, at best, standard.

The reason games rarely crash on the Xbox One X, or any Xbox, or any console, is because every console is identical, i.e. every Xbox One is exactly like every other Xbox One on the inside. Except for work computers supplied by your employer, every PC is unique. PC users, ESPECIALLY gaming PC users, put their own stuff inside. Memory, drives, CPU, graphics cards... and this or that drive or this or that memory will determine whether or not a game crashes. Even if you match the developer's PC specs perfectly, stuff from different manufacturers perform differently, and just meeting the specs often isn't enough. A console game will not get certified if it crashes the console. Console game crashes are usually problems with the hard drive or problems with the optical disk reader. These are technologies no longer present in consoles, so they crash even less.

The fact that consoles are so much less expensive than PC's is an indication that the basic hardware requirements are not as severe. Consoles only need to run games. PC's need to be able to do whatever they are asked to do. This is why you don't see Xbox's and Playstations at work (at least, not where the boss can see them). If my accountant is using an Xbox, I'm getting another accountant.
The Xbox One X's advantages aren't just graphical, as load times are much quicker, downloads are faster, games crash very rarely, etc. Not to mention you don't even need a 4k tv to see great improvement in overall visual fidelity. The Xbox One X pretty much is the equivalent to a well-built PC. Just about every well-built PC has a graphical max of 4k 60 fps HDR. PC's that can go past stat cost about the same amount as a car.
Um, no.

The Xbox One X has no graphical advantage over any PC of the same age. If anything, the Xbox X's graphics are standard. Load times are much quicker than the Xbox One, or quicker than any machine that uses a Hard Disk. These days everything is solid state for both PC and console. Again, the Xbox X's load times are, at best, standard.

The reason games rarely crash on the Xbox One X, or any Xbox, or any console, is because every console is identical, i.e. every Xbox One is exactly like every other Xbox One on the inside. Except for work computers supplied by your employer, every PC is unique. PC users, ESPECIALLY gaming PC users, put their own stuff inside. Memory, drives, CPU, graphics cards... and this or that drive or this or that memory will determine whether or not a game crashes. Even if you match the developer's PC specs perfectly, stuff from different manufacturers perform differently, and just meeting the specs often isn't enough. A console game will not get certified if it crashes the console. Console game crashes are usually problems with the hard drive or problems with the optical disk reader. These are technologies no longer present in consoles, so they crash even less.

The fact that consoles are so much less expensive than PC's is an indication that the basic hardware requirements are not as severe. Consoles only need to run games. PC's need to be able to do whatever they are asked to do. This is why you don't see Xbox's and Playstations at work (at least, not where the boss can see them). If my accountant is using an Xbox, I'm getting another accountant.
You're using these broad unsubstantiated statements to say the average well-built PC is so much more superior than the Xbox One X graphically, when the Xbox One X has 4K and 60 fps HDR capability, which is the maximum capability for the typical well-built PC. The way it renders lighting in games with high graphics is stunning. I have personally witnessed the Xbox One X run on a highly advanced 4k HDR display, and the level of graphical detail and power is absolutely breathtaking. Sure, you can customize your PC's hardware to your liking, but the Xbox One X's hardware is most certainly high-tech and more than competes with well-built PCs'.
Um, no.

You're using these broad unsubstantiated statements to say the average well-built PC is so much more superior than the Xbox One X graphically, when the Xbox One X has 4K and 60 fps HDR capability, which is the maximum capability for the typical well-built PC. The way it renders lighting in games with high graphics is stunning. I have personally witnessed the Xbox One X run on a highly advanced 4k HDR display, and the level of graphical detail and power is absolutely breathtaking. Sure, you can customize your PC's hardware to your liking, but the Xbox One X's hardware is most certainly high-tech and more than competes with well-built PCs'.
I own an Xbox one x. I have friends with pc. The frames per second and effects achieveable by the almost unlimited power of a pc is superior without a doubt. Yes, the one x is extremely impressive bang for the buck, but pc's can be built to absurd levels compared to the one x. I'm all for supporting consoles, but it isn't worth looking naive to the obvious facts staring you in the face. Just take a look at high end gaming pc specs compared to the one x. Take 10 minutes and look around.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7