Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

wish list (add your wishes here) for halo 6

OP ZOLLINGER11B

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
What if the Prometheans changed a bit. Could be a Forerunner variation of Flood, meaning Prometheans are past lives (like they are now) who are trapped being forced to follow orders of another kind. Because they aren't independent sentients anyway, I think. Ghostly voices of torture or confusion could be added maybe. Like Flood infected have their own inner thoughts but aren't allowed to voice them; wanting to die so they charge guns head on.

I don't like teleporting Soldiers, they're just annoying to follow.

Knights could be tanky melee units with two handed, dual wield blades, or sword and shield. Shorter and weaker than Warden Eternal. Could be paired like Hunters.

Warden Eternal - wish his form was different. More of a blend between a Guardian and Monitor.
  1. Chief and Arbiter get center stage non of that Locke crap.
  2. NO thrusters or clambering.
  3. NO aiming down the sights.
  4. Semi open world missions like Combat Evolved
  5. Sgt. Johnson flashback because why not
  6. The game is M rated with blood and swearing like the originals. I don't want everything to look plastic and cartoony like in Halo 5
  7. Black battle riffle
  8. Classic covenant design with a mix of 343's art style in there like in Halo Wars 2
  9. More run down looking forerunner architecture using more colors than just silver and bright blue. Use Halo 3 for reference.
  10. Prometheans look more like the sentinels and enforcers from Halo 2 and less of weird useless floaty bits
  11. Cortana isn't evil because she wants too. She has the logic plague or something. If she just decided to be evil for no reason then that's just cheesy and dumb.
  12. More of a Halo style story with better writing and dialogue than Halo 5 (that shouldn't be hard lol)
  13. Custom games browser
  14. Improved version of Halo 5's forge with forgable AI
  15. Duel wielding. I know it's a controversial opinion but I love duel wielding.
  16. Marty O'Donnell as composer even though I know it's not happening
  17. Balanced yet large sandbox including brand new forerunner weapons that aren't just re-skinned human weapons (*cough cough* suppressor scatershot and light riffle)
  18. Fighting along side marines and Arbiter's Elites. Heck why not add PLAYABLE ELITES while we're at it.
  19. Cool boss battle (not like the Warden in Halo 5 or Tartarus from Halo 2)
  20. Game that gives me a reason to come back again and again with a progression system and UI as good as Halo Reach's
No Micro-transactions. I'd rather pay for Map Packs if that's the case.

No Cosmetic Micro-transactions. I'd rather EARN MY ARMOR, via level ups, and challenges like Halo 3!

Full customizable Armor

Playable Elites, and include Playable Brutes would be sweet

Spartan Abilities are good the way they are. That includes sprinting.

Bring back proper Halo Big Team Battle (like Halo 3).

Ignore Promethean haters.

Cortana and Master Chief reunite
  • H3 Ranking System with with # & military rank linked to top rank & exp
  • Iconic maps, take note of what H3 did. Arena & btb.
  • Make the Battle Rifle great again
  • WZ, but more maps with unique bases
  • H3/Reach armour system.
  • Have unlockables linked to progress/comms/achievements
  • 1 map veto system
  • Get rid of prometheans & bring back brutes & flood
  • Playable elites
  • Keep all spartan abilities in wz/btb. No abilities in social/arena
  • Good writing with good characters. Again I point to H1-H3.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=42s&v=HkRkDLMAgYw This was a pretty cool vid from The Act Man that talks about the best mode for Halo 6. I know it is now going to be a live service but this was really cool and constructive. I'd play the game over and over for this mode.
Honestly the only things that I really want is achievement armor and a finished game
Saitam305 wrote:
  • Make ALL THE LOOTBOXES!
  • Forget about story, nobody gives a great journey about the story, add a battle royale mode instead!
  • Release the game last night, don't care how little polish it has, just call it "early access" and fix it all a year later with a $40 price tag.
  • Playable elites are a waste of time to code, make a battle royale instead.
  • Make the pistol a sniper.
  • Actually make sniper the default secondary weapon.
  • Sell the franchise to EA, they're great with microtransactions.
  • Made a purchasable option to make all 3 bullets from the BR defy the laws of gravity to aim straight to the head.
  • Covenant soldiers need to stop calling our spartans "Demons". They prefer to be called mortally challenged.
  • Add weird and quirky dance moves that look like the modeling actor had a seizure on camera so kids can start doing those things in public and doom our future generations.
  • Did I mention battle royale? Its what all the kids love and a game in the early 2020's should totally follow 2017/18 trends.
Hope all those are totally reasonable requests from a "halo fan" who just got off a 48 hour Call of Duty infinite warfare marathon just before 2 weeks of back to back fornite dance practices. If you disagree then I don't care, your argument is immediately invalid because I have all of Destiny 2's and their expansions on all of my consoles.
bruh. thats dumb. why would 343 want to cash in on battle royale. no halo fan wants that. plus, 343 says no battle royale in there live streams
Since both Bungie and 343 have refused to add this with any previous Halo game, I'd like there to be a team slayer/objective playlist that you can only queue for solo. Would be nice to know that you're only playing against complete randoms. Would also be nice to not have to get matched up against and wrecked by full teams. I would live in that playlist forever.
story:
  • would to like osiris or some members of osiris as secondary non playable characters
  • banished appearance
  • explain cortana in a good way. her just suddenly becoming this crazy villain doesn't fit. either use the logic plague excuse, tell us she's just one of the corrupted fragments and she's really dead, or I saw some other idea around here that she might be under the control of the old construct in the domain
  • make it long
  • kill off some characters in really dramatic ways. I want infinite to force a reaction out of every one and this is one of the best ways to do this. halo 3 and reach did this and they both turned out great.
  • plot twist. i don't what, but do something shocking that'll make us angry at a character who betrays someone, make us feel horror as a loved character is suddenly killed in some unforeseen variable in the plan, or reveal some horrible secret or corrupt force behind a major part of the story.
campaign (the playable parts):
  • some kinda warthog run would be appreciated
  • some huge warzone type battles, the kind where 2 massive armies are just clashing into each other
  • we need some kinda huge dramatic and challenging last stand mission. not saying chief dies, but someone dies or something is exploding
  • a scarab or kraken fight
  • less warden conflict
  • we need more allies fighting with us. the only time we had allies in the halo 5 besides our fire team was the sanghielios missions and the 1 mission on meridian.
  • some missions or at least part of missions where you are alone. halo 5 was the only game that didn't have this and it really hurt the campaign in my opinion
  • remove the mechanic where you revive your buddies, this is just stupid
vehicles/weapons:
  • return of the wasp, probably my favorite unsc air vehicle out of all the halo's.
  • weapon variations, just maybe not as many as halo 5. I'd love to see the ultra ghost and blood of suban return
  • plasma rifles, stop taking these beautiful things away from me
  • buff/fix mantis armor. and scorpion. and warthog.
  • can the rail gun have 2 shots instead of 1?
  • would like an automatic precision unsc gun with a decently ranged scope and only a little recoil. I know we got ar's with attachments in halo 5 but I'd like the concept to be it's own weapon
  • bring back the falcon or add some kind of small flying transport
  • if the pilum rocket returns, make it an anti air rocket while spnkr can be anti infantry
  • would rather the banshee's don't have shields
  • needle grenades
game mechanics:
  • remove spartan charge, thrusters, stabilizers, and ads
  • keep clamber
  • I don't care if sprint stays or goes but if it stays I'd like to see it changed in any way, or experimented with just to make it feel different. like being able to shoot while sprinting but sacrificing accuracy or something.
  • bring back equipment with new equipment items that fit the new era a little better. equipment as in halo 3, not spartan abilities
  • keep the seat switching from halo 5, this was a genius idea and it's hard to get use to being without when playing older halo's
  • night vision rather than a light, but do it like odst
  • use the d-pad for call-outs like in old battle front games. it could be handled like: right d-pad says follow me, left says fall back, up says cover me, down says take cover/lookout. this would mostly just be handy in multiplayer when playing with out a mic or with random team mates
multiplayer/arena:
  • add a separate (emphasis on separate) swat playlist to social arena. could also have casual versions of swat in it with carbines or one with radar or something
  • keep fiesta/super fiesta
  • a regular, offline, customizable, firefight mode
  • big, 343 made btb maps
  • better maps. like seriously what the heck halo 5
  • infection and grifball at launch
  • action sack but swap out some of the game modes with different ones every once in while. playing mantis breakout and minotaurs over and over again gets really old pretty quickly
warzone:
  • bring back warzone
  • ability to spend req energy on base defenses. options would be different kind of outer turrets, barricades, extra ai (extra marines or elites wouldn't respawn on death of course), and base shield (base shield wouldn't allow projectiles/vehicles to pass through but players can). most defenses would cost quite a bit of energy. the cheapest would be barricade/deployable cover for 4-5 energy while turrets would cost 6-8 depending on how the turrets are handled, and the base shield would be 6 or 7 energy. base shield will last maybe 3-5 minutes rather than permanent so people can't use the shield as a way to camp the base
  • equipment would be permanent reqs
  • new objective warzone where one team has to carry out randomized objectives while the other must prevent them from completing them
  • we need our own version of walker assault. it can be altered in any way to make it different than the actual walker assault, the req system is already one way to do that but the idea of escorting a large transport and protecting it from the enemy team is a really fun game mode especially on massive maps.
  • it'd be nice to have warzone firefight along side the default firefight
  • do not make legendary elite and soldier bosses that can be run over by a warthog
  • bigger maps, and more map variety
  • make infinity from halo ce into a warzone map
customization:
  • folders for armor variations/add ons like reach
  • do not put armor/emblems/anything permanent in req packs
  • armor should be earned via achievements/rank/commendations and variations/add ons for said armor should be unlocked via point system after the base of version of that armor is earned
  • loadout weapons should be handled the same way as armor
  • weapon skins should be unlocked via points
  • all emblems unlocked. also, give us the old custom emblems system back
  • add armor skins, they don't have to take over the armor color, they can be based on the colors that you have already selected. for example, if you use a camo skin, it would just fade into or be based on the colors you have, or some that might just be decals would be based on a tertiary color you've selected.
  • custom hud's, or at least the color with preset options
  • option to select voice for your spartan
forge:
  • ai
  • liquid volumes (water/lava/colorable/oil (oil volumes basically just combustible liquid volume)
  • turrets
  • scriptable spawn points
  • option to change the weight of objects
  • preset buildings
  • remove the physics bar or at least fix it so that spawning rocks doesn't fill it up so quickly
  • drop ships as forge exclusive (pelican/phantom/spirit)
  • chairs. just chairs. mostly for welded vehicles so we don't have to use mongoose's (mongeese? mongi?) but also because chairs are fun.
  • scriptable kill boundries
  • folders for book marks and our own maps and game modes. right now it's a bit annoying to scroll through all my book marks to find certain kinds of maps/games and it'd be much easier to have a folder for infection, one for slayer, etc.
  • some larger canvases. halo 5's are already a decent size but forge world has shown us that they can be bigger
  • speaking of which, more preset forge maps that aren't flat. one obviously being forge world. a city one and a canyon/forest one would be nice too
  • plasma/bullet fx that can damage you
  • a little more holograms. was disapointed that the halo ring hologram and pillar of autumn hologram from truth were never added as forge objects.
  • bird fx. the fish ones worked out, let's put something in the sky now
  • weapon/vehicle sounds
Get rid of microtransactions.
Get rid of REQs.
Get rid of weapon/ vehicle variants.
Get rid of Armor/ Spartan Abilities or turn them into equipment.
Get rid of ADS.
Get rid of Warzone and bring back Invasion.
Get better maps.
Bring back the Flood
Proper Firefight (with Flood).
Ditch the created story arc.
Write out the Prometheans.
Halo 2 Chief voice lines.
Screw the new art style.
Stop the retcons.
Stop screwing over BTB.
Forge maps don't count.
Forerunner tank.
you want to stop retcons and yet you also want the prometheans written out and to throw out an entire story arc?
TECH PON3 wrote:
I'm not going to say my wish list because it has some very very unpopular opinions in it
most of us do
Since both Bungie and 343 have refused to add this with any previous Halo game, I'd like there to be a team slayer/objective playlist that you can only queue for solo. Would be nice to know that you're only playing against complete randoms. Would also be nice to not have to get matched up against and wrecked by full teams. I would live in that playlist forever.
this is actually a pretty good idea. would help if you don't like being farmed and screwed over by spartan companies and organized teams
Saitam305 wrote:
  • Make ALL THE LOOTBOXES!
  • Forget about story, nobody gives a great journey about the story, add a battle royale mode instead!
  • Release the game last night, don't care how little polish it has, just call it "early access" and fix it all a year later with a $40 price tag.
  • Playable elites are a waste of time to code, make a battle royale instead.
  • Make the pistol a sniper.
  • Actually make sniper the default secondary weapon.
  • Sell the franchise to EA, they're great with microtransactions.
  • Made a purchasable option to make all 3 bullets from the BR defy the laws of gravity to aim straight to the head.
  • Covenant soldiers need to stop calling our spartans "Demons". They prefer to be called mortally challenged.
  • Add weird and quirky dance moves that look like the modeling actor had a seizure on camera so kids can start doing those things in public and doom our future generations.
  • Did I mention battle royale? Its what all the kids love and a game in the early 2020's should totally follow 2017/18 trends.
Hope all those are totally reasonable requests from a "halo fan" who just got off a 48 hour Call of Duty infinite warfare marathon just before 2 weeks of back to back fornite dance practices. If you disagree then I don't care, your argument is immediately invalid because I have all of Destiny 2's and their expansions on all of my consoles.
bruh. thats dumb. why would 343 want to cash in on battle royale. no halo fan wants that. plus, 343 says no battle royale in there live streams
I believe all those points weren't meant to be very sarcastic...
Saitam305 wrote:
  • Make ALL THE LOOTBOXES!
  • Forget about story, nobody gives a great journey about the story, add a battle royale mode instead!
  • Release the game last night, don't care how little polish it has, just call it "early access" and fix it all a year later with a $40 price tag.
  • Playable elites are a waste of time to code, make a battle royale instead.
  • Make the pistol a sniper.
  • Actually make sniper the default secondary weapon.
  • Sell the franchise to EA, they're great with microtransactions.
  • Made a purchasable option to make all 3 bullets from the BR defy the laws of gravity to aim straight to the head.
  • Covenant soldiers need to stop calling our spartans "Demons". They prefer to be called mortally challenged.
  • Add weird and quirky dance moves that look like the modeling actor had a seizure on camera so kids can start doing those things in public and doom our future generations.
  • Did I mention battle royale? Its what all the kids love and a game in the early 2020's should totally follow 2017/18 trends.
Hope all those are totally reasonable requests from a "halo fan" who just got off a 48 hour Call of Duty infinite warfare marathon just before 2 weeks of back to back fornite dance practices. If you disagree then I don't care, your argument is immediately invalid because I have all of Destiny 2's and their expansions on all of my consoles.
bruh. thats dumb. why would 343 want to cash in on battle royale. no halo fan wants that. plus, 343 says no battle royale in there live streams
I meant for the post to be sarcasm. In reality I would really want the opposite of each post I want.
Saitam305 wrote:
  • Make ALL THE LOOTBOXES!
  • Forget about story, nobody gives a great journey about the story, add a battle royale mode instead!
  • Release the game last night, don't care how little polish it has, just call it "early access" and fix it all a year later with a $40 price tag.
  • Playable elites are a waste of time to code, make a battle royale instead.
  • Make the pistol a sniper.
  • Actually make sniper the default secondary weapon.
  • Sell the franchise to EA, they're great with microtransactions.
  • Made a purchasable option to make all 3 bullets from the BR defy the laws of gravity to aim straight to the head.
  • Covenant soldiers need to stop calling our spartans "Demons". They prefer to be called mortally challenged.
  • Add weird and quirky dance moves that look like the modeling actor had a seizure on camera so kids can start doing those things in public and doom our future generations.
  • Did I mention battle royale? Its what all the kids love and a game in the early 2020's should totally follow 2017/18 trends.
Hope all those are totally reasonable requests from a "halo fan" who just got off a 48 hour Call of Duty infinite warfare marathon just before 2 weeks of back to back fornite dance practices. If you disagree then I don't care, your argument is immediately invalid because I have all of Destiny 2's and their expansions on all of my consoles.
bruh. thats dumb. why would 343 want to cash in on battle royale. no halo fan wants that. plus, 343 says no battle royale in there live streams
I believe all those points weren't meant to be very sarcastic...
Yep, each one I will totally defend tooth and nail...totally want a battle royale in H: I...man that would totally suck if nobody caught onto my sarcasm...
This is kind of a new idea for a Halo game, but I think the premise of a Skill Tree would be cool. Being able to build-up chief to a particular skill set would broaden his overall strength as a spartan. It would also allow players to choose to raise up their spartan however they'd like.
Get rid of microtransactions.
Get rid of REQs.
Get rid of weapon/ vehicle variants.
Get rid of Armor/ Spartan Abilities or turn them into equipment.
Get rid of ADS.
Get rid of Warzone and bring back Invasion.
Get better maps.
Bring back the Flood
Proper Firefight (with Flood).
Ditch the created story arc.
Write out the Prometheans.
Halo 2 Chief voice lines.
Screw the new art style.
Stop the retcons.
Stop screwing over BTB.
Forge maps don't count.
Forerunner tank.
The created story arc would actually be very interesting if it weren’t for Halo 5’s god-awful writing.
Quote:
you want to stop retcons and yet you also want the prometheans written out and to throw out an entire story arc?
Correct.
First off I didn't grow up with Halo. Halo CE came out a while after I was out of high school. My gaming youth was spend with Mario and Streetfighter. So I've seen games evolve from early on the gaming market (we had an Atari playing Pac-man when kids now are starting on Minecraft). Games need change however H5 is excessive. I couldn't even guess how many hours, days, months, and years I've spent playing Halo. I'm not saying I'm one of the best halo players but over the years I've always been pretty decsent better than most randoms you run into. H5 is the first Halo game I've struggled with in playing matchmaking. A while ago playing a Slayer I was completely shut out twice. I had 2 games where I had 0 kills, never in all my years has this happened. I was in shock! I almost gave up on Halo Multiplayer until I started watching tips vidoes on youtube. I had to study just to play Halo? WTF!? I think this is the main reason Halo isn't drawing new players. I think theirs 2 main reasons and a few less imporant factors that would change that. So my wishlist is simple.

1. Thrusters would be ok as ONE of many Armor Ablities. If Thruster is the only Ability, we are forced to adopt a certain playstyle in order to play up to a certain standard. You are forced to MASTER when to use them or not. With other Armor Ablities in a game your skill with this would be more forgiving,and for most new comers this would be a welcome change. Mastery of the thrusters would still be there for those people with an aggresive playstyle and the dedication to acheive it.
Evade however would be a more natural defensive manuver. A roll across the ground to get behind cover. Having to be on the ground in order to even activate evade and not being able to shoot while in the manuver helps it be more situational/defensive. Also linking it to a double tap button like the hunter class in that bungie game, would keep a button free for Thrusters or additional Armor Abilities to return.

2. Give us a reason to walk, unlimited sprint is too much. This makes the game have the Battlefield feel. Spawn, Run--Die. Repeat. Break it up a little, give me a reason to walk besides to recharge my sheilds (please remove that or have it in ranked only. It may be competitive,but by making victims out of new players for the hardcore peolpe and they will loose interest). Take the Advanced Sensors form Warzone and make it so if we are walking we don't show on the radar. People could still hear the foot steps at that pace, but then if you crouch the footsteps fade out.

Those are my two big Asks, they would tone Halo down and make it a notch less sweaty and better for new players.
A few smaller tweaks:
1. Make plasma work similar to HCE. Repeated plasma shots cause the player to slowdown. Want to keep the sheilds from recharging while sprinting? Use plasma. I might just pick up a covenant weapon for a secondary if that was the case. Give us a reason to vary our guns otherwise its a BR-fest.
2. Loose Armor skins. If you gotta have them, stick with a simple theme. Imagine the Scarred variant in H5 as skins. For example there's the Mark VI that looks New and pristine. Then second is a slightly used variant of the Mark VI scuffed up, missing paint, dirty. Finally the Scarred variant missing chunks of armor, cracked visor, bent pieces?
3. Where's the Falcon? Make the vehicles tougher, and balance that with how many it takes to use vs how many people it takes to destory it. I've seen lone players take out warthogs with a BR. Why is that even possible?
4. Halo maps, to me anyway, seem to make more memorable moments on medium size maps. Maps with vehicles and open areas to use them. Where's the Zanzibar sized maps? On little rat maze maps every one wants to be the hero, the lone wolf badass. Which can still happen on larger maps but mid sized maps let others shine in different ways. Good at close quarters? Guard or assault the base. Good at driving or gunning vehicles? Hold the middle. Do you like to snipe? Good! breath a little with the space.
5. Elites and Invasion. Just do it, enough said.
6. The campaign. If it really takes place on a Halo ring? Please,after all DLC is released, please make the whole ring explorable. All the surface. Let's have desert, Tundra, Jungle, Underwater, Underground, every inch of the ring.
7. Spartan Ops. It doesn't need insane cinematics. Just a good story to play as our custom spartan. My Spartan is the Hero, not someone 343 gives me, not Locke, Buck, Or even the Cheif. Just me and my friends in a fireteam.
8. Armor Abilites are OP. Bring them back but tone how often we can use them. Make them situational something I'm gonna hold onto until the right moment. The dropsheild from Halo reach should take more damage but can only be used every 2-3 of 3-4 minutes. Jetpack? Use it 2-3 time and your out of fuel go get some more. These could be tweaked to be liked, not hated.
Saitam305 wrote:
Saitam305 wrote:
  • Make ALL THE LOOTBOXES!
  • Forget about story, nobody gives a great journey about the story, add a battle royale mode instead!
  • Release the game last night, don't care how little polish it has, just call it "early access" and fix it all a year later with a $40 price tag.
  • Playable elites are a waste of time to code, make a battle royale instead.
  • Make the pistol a sniper.
  • Actually make sniper the default secondary weapon.
  • Sell the franchise to EA, they're great with microtransactions.
  • Made a purchasable option to make all 3 bullets from the BR defy the laws of gravity to aim straight to the head.
  • Covenant soldiers need to stop calling our spartans "Demons". They prefer to be called mortally challenged.
  • Add weird and quirky dance moves that look like the modeling actor had a seizure on camera so kids can start doing those things in public and doom our future generations.
  • Did I mention battle royale? Its what all the kids love and a game in the early 2020's should totally follow 2017/18 trends.
Hope all those are totally reasonable requests from a "halo fan" who just got off a 48 hour Call of Duty infinite warfare marathon just before 2 weeks of back to back fornite dance practices. If you disagree then I don't care, your argument is immediately invalid because I have all of Destiny 2's and their expansions on all of my consoles.
bruh. thats dumb. why would 343 want to cash in on battle royale. no halo fan wants that. plus, 343 says no battle royale in there live streams
I meant for the post to be sarcasm. In reality I would really want the opposite of each post I want.
ooohhh oof srry
  1. Good story with more interaction with Blue Team. They felt dull in the H5.
  2. Solid Arena and Warzone multiplayer. Memorable maps in arena
  3. Don't care about the movement mechanics. I actually like the new movements, but more classic is fine.
  4. Firefight and Forge within a month or two of release - if they do arena and warzone right
  5. A more in-depth multiplayer experience. Ranking system that makes sense, armor and upgrades that mean something
  6. Slim down the options - if they use the req system at all, polish it.
  7. Something new. I want 343 to give me something that I didn't even know I wanted
Deep customization. Please have more options then just head and torso. I’d like Reach-depth customization, or at least torso, shoulder pads, and helmet.

Campaign and multiplayer theatre mode. Don’t skimp on features here. I’d rather use theatre as an in-game feature verse leaving the game to use Upload Studio.

Firefight- bring it back. Make it customizable to the extent where it could play like ODST’s and/or Reach’s Firefight. I want ODST’s serious survival along side the silliness of Reach’s Gruntpoclypse.

Playable Elites- this is a given. But limit their playability to Invasion, Firefight, and custom games so their large hit boxes and hunched posture are not an advantage or disadvantage in ranked playlists.

My last item on my wishlist is a game mode I think could be cool if balanced correctly. Verses Firefight. Experimented briefly on Bungie in Reach. If brought back, 343i could expand and improve the base concept. The mode could adapt Elements of Invasion With objectives for both sides.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7