Would an "M" rating stop you from getting Halo

OP VanuEngineer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Real talk....I want Flood back
Real talk....I want Flood back
No but a game that doesn't play like Halo would.
No. I personally think Halo can benefit from a little more mature content.
I’m totally down for it being rated M, especially if there’s Flood! I’d want them to be as scary as possible.
I don't think an M rating would stop anyone from getting Halo except possibly little kids. And let's face it, with that Teen rating, kids are 343's core audience.
I don't think an M rating would stop anyone from getting Halo except possibly little kids. And let's face it, with that Teen rating, kids are 343's core audience.
I was a kid when I got Halo.... M ratings don't stop the majority....we adults have more money to spend than little Timmy. Karen is a -Yoink-....this is the truth and the way of Craig.
Ratings don't stop people from purchasing games. No one... Not even the majority of parents care about ratings under R rated these days.

So an M rating would be just as accessible as a T rating. The difference being an M rating would make more people happy because you can add in the flood, more blood etc.

M rating Halo should be. Differently if it indeed wants to be a 'true' spiritual reboot. We all know Halo CE was mature rated afterall.
M ratings don't stop little kids from getting games these days. It is 2020 and parents don't care about ratings under R rated.

And even games with R ratings can still sell extremely well. Look how well Red Dead Redemption 2 and GTA 5 sold. Even Cyberpunk 2077 which is R rated will likely sell 10-20 million copies in the first year.

You think a M rating will harm Halo's accessibility. No way in hell would that be the case. Instead it would attract a lot of more mature gamers with more money to spend compared to little kids. Win win.
Absolutely not. I'm not sure why 343 decided to go the T route with their Halo games when R rated films and M games sell incredibly well. I feel a disconnect in really any shooter that isn't rated M (besides the obvious cartoony games). Why? Because reality is very dark and mature. In my opinion any game like this that's rated T is essentially changing reality to fit it's own agenda to be courteous to a very young consumer. For that reason, I'll always feel some kind of disconnect to the game that tries to change reality.
Absolutely not. I'm not sure why 343 decided to go the T route with their Halo games when R rated films and M games sell incredibly well. I feel a disconnect in really any shooter that isn't rated M (besides the obvious cartoony games). Why? Because reality is very dark and mature. In my opinion any game like this that's rated T is essentially changing reality to fit it's own agenda to be courteous to a very young consumer. For that reason, I'll always feel some kind of disconnect to the game that tries to change reality.
Exactly. Look at how well COD games sell each year lol.

Edit: And mostly little kids play COD contrary to the rating.
I'm happy that it's T. There are plenty of M rated games out there. Halo's focus has NEVER been on being extremely gory/sexual/language whatever. The amount of blood and the flood probably got the early games the M rating, but I'm happy with T.
LarsBars wrote:
I'm happy that it's T. There are plenty of M rated games out there. Halo's focus has NEVER been on being extremely gory/sexual/language whatever. The amount of blood and the flood probably got the early games the M rating, but I'm happy with T.
There's more T rated games out there then M rated. Definitely with Microsoft's new line-up of games for Xbox Series X.

Also you did not answer the actual question.

Would an M rating stop 'you' from buying the game?

And pokemon is rated e yet its a ton of adults playing it xD. Gotta love the paradox there

As for halo being rated m, just make the game as they want. A ratings never stopped me from buying a game for myself.

And pokemon is rated e yet its a ton of adults playing it xD. Gotta love the paradox there
Red Dead Redemption 2 is rated R yet a tonne of kids play it.

do kids seriously have the attention span to play something like that? It took me like 3 or 4 months to beat the story for that game

Absolutely amazing game, but frickin hell ill probably never play it again

do kids seriously have the attention span to play something like that? It took me like 3 or 4 months to beat the story for that game
Considering how many also play GTA 5 Online and will play Cyberpunk 2077 and play The Witcher 3.

Ratings don't stop kids from playing games they should not be playing.

So realistically an M rating for Halo would not stop them from playing Halo: Infinite.

Just like it did not stop them or us from playing Bungie's M rated Halo games Like Halo CE, Halo 2...

The MCC on PC is kicking off too. Has the M rated Halo games. Lots of kids play that on Steam.
No but if there's gonna be flood there better be a m rating

Exactly, I don't feel parents are the same as back in the day regarding how their video games/films are rated for their kids. Society has become way more adept to mature content over the past couple decades. Look at all the violence/language you see on social media, people didn't have the ability to see these things on a daily basis 20 years ago.

To be honest, I have no idea why the game can't have the blood AND be rated T. Has anybody every watched 1 episode of The Walking Dead? Incredibly gory and it's on television.

Exactly, I don't feel parents are the same as back in the day regarding how their video games/films are rated for their kids. Society has become way more adept to mature content over the past couple decades. Look at all the violence/language you see on social media, people didn't have the ability to see these things on a daily basis 20 years ago.

To be honest, I have no idea why the game can't have the blood AND be rated T. Has anybody every watched 1 episode of The Walking Dead? Incredibly gory and it's on television.
I only watched The Walking Dead when it was good. The days that Rick was still around. Now it has devolved into a cringefest of dumb millenial characters who constantly display poor decision making in scenarios they should already be highly experienced in; and already know how to overcome.

But let's not get off topic here lol.

To conclude I agree with your statement. M rating would only allow for more options to add in different types of content for a Halo game like the flood.
Heck no. Fighting flood is the best part.
M rating could also come along with a darker story in a way... darker themes like CE, 2, and 3.

You can clearly see that H5's T rating took a toll on the campaign and violence. Halo never had extreme violence in the first place, but even then Halo 5 was a step down. I feel that the way Halo 3 was had the perfect mix of the shooting, blood, and flood gore, whilst not going over board and making it a gore fest like gears or doom.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2