Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Would an "M" rating stop you from getting Halo

OP VanuEngineer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Y'all wanna know what's really funny regarding this discussion?
Two things.
First, it is neither 343i nor Microsoft dictating the rating, it's the rating board.
A board, where people sit and make decisions who aren't in the gaming industry
and thus don't care about the possible sales of a product.
And just like the overall society, the people who work there, change from time to time,
which means that the people who will decide about H:I's rating are not the same people
who decided 19 years ago the rating of CE, 16 years ago the rating of H2 and so on and so forth.

Second thing, y'all are simply debating about the US rating.
But this is not the only rating in the world.
Wanna know something funny?
In my country, Germany, every Halo game (with H3 and Reach being the only exceptions)
was rated by the german FSK for a recommended age of 16+, comparable to T for TEEN
while H3 and Reach were the only ones rated to be recommend for the age of 18+, comparable to M for MATURE.
So it is a matter of fact, that altough CE had amounts of bloods and a darker tone
and all that yadda yadda, all but two Halo games were rated for teens in Germany.

For someone living outside of the united states, this discussion is totally ridiculous,
since there are SO MANY factors having to be acknowledged for,
that simply saying that it needs an M rating to be a dark and gritty game
and having a T rating because it caters to the kids is nothing else but hypocrisy and bias.
I must add that the issue of age rating for the game depends a lot on the country where it is rated. In Spain for example, all Halos were classified as PEGI +16 (Recommended for people over 16 years old). And there was no censorship, or the level of violence in the game did not decrease.
Just because It's rated T doesn't mean it won't include the flood!!!! They already teased the flood, they wouldn't be stupid enough to remove it after all the excited reactions.
Real talk....I want Flood back
M ratings don't stop kids from playing GTA, not sure what MS/343 are so concerned about. An M rating would give me some hope actually.
I must add that the issue of age rating for the game depends a lot on the country where it is rated. In Spain for example, all Halos were classified as PEGI +16 (Recommended for people over 16 years old). And there was no censorship, or the level of violence in the game did not decrease.
Did Halo 5 even have blood? Compared to Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3??
Sorry, I did not understand your question well, do you mean if the Spanish version of Halo 5 has blood?
Just because It's rated T doesn't mean it won't include the flood!!!! They already teased the flood, they wouldn't be stupid enough to remove it after all the excited reactions.
They would be a neutered type flood faction. They can only do so much with the flood in regards to T rating limitations.
Sorry, I did not understand your question well, do you mean if the Spanish version of Halo 5 has blood?
Was there blood in Halo 5 which was T rated compared to the M rated Halo games?
Was there blood in Halo 5 which was T rated compared to the M rated Halo games?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah mmmmmmmmm....

Come to think of it, there wasn't much blood. There were murder animations and such, but not much blood.
They would be a neutered type flood faction. They can only do so much with the flood in regards to T rating limitations.
No, for a matter of fact they wouldn't.
CE was rated for teens in Germany, without any form of censorship, completely uncut.
If you're curious how that is possible, read my post from above,
I explained why it is simply bias comparing ratings from almost twenty years ago to current ratings.
can someone tell me why a game about killing sentient life forms is t for teen? .should be M really.
LarsBars wrote:
I'm happy that it's T. There are plenty of M rated games out there. Halo's focus has NEVER been on being extremely gory/sexual/language whatever. The amount of blood and the flood probably got the early games the M rating, but I'm happy with T.
There's more T rated games out there then M rated. Definitely with Microsoft's new line-up of games for Xbox Series X.

Also you did not answer the actual question.

Would an M rating stop 'you' from buying the game?
Of course it wouldn't stop me from getting it. But it would cause me to consider how early I let my daughter play it with me. A lot more potential players when the game is rated T. There are people out there who stick to these ratings very rigidly.
LarsBars wrote:
LarsBars wrote:
I'm happy that it's T. There are plenty of M rated games out there. Halo's focus has NEVER been on being extremely gory/sexual/language whatever. The amount of blood and the flood probably got the early games the M rating, but I'm happy with T.
There's more T rated games out there then M rated. Definitely with Microsoft's new line-up of games for Xbox Series X.

Also you did not answer the actual question.

Would an M rating stop 'you' from buying the game?
Of course it wouldn't stop me from getting it. But it would cause me to consider how early I let my daughter play it with me. A lot more potential players when the game is rated T. There are people out there who stick to these ratings very rigidly.
Do you let her play Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo: Reach?

If you do then situation no change....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2