Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Would We See the Master Chief's Face?

OP Domokun64

I know about the Halo movies, for example, The Rise and Fall of Reach
I only wish to know what Spartan 117's modern face looks like, as a cut scene or picture. If anyone finds a possible leak please leave the link in the commets for all of us who are curious.

Excuse my bad grammer. I'm currently writing on an xbox, and i have nobody to proofread what I didn't catch. *Thank you for your time* ;)
Bungie way back when decided that it was best to not show the Chiefs face as it makes it easier for gamers to put themselves in his shoes.
Or so I've been told. I am fine with never seeing it.
The only things we've gotten so far were the eyes revealed in the H4 legendary ending and a few pages from the comic Collateral Damage. If there are other moments where we saw his adult face, then I must have forgotten them.

I'd prefer if we never saw his face though. I actually preferred the regular H4 ending where the screen cut to black as his helmet was removed.
Maybe one day if he ever dies in the future they could take off his helmet or something and we could see his face
I don't think whatever he looks like could possibly live up to what so many people consider to be the mystery and hype surrounding the reveal.

In the truest sense, the face he chooses to show the universe is his helmet anyway. I think John very much identifies with the visage of his helmet in almost the same way that Peter Parker does with his Spider-Man mask. In some ways, the armor Chief wears is so much a part of him that I imagine he's taken slightly aback to see a reflection of himself outside of it.

I don't think that makes him less human than if he'd prefer to have his bare face exposed; I just believe he's shown he prefers to be helmeted.

Outside of the narrative again, this fanbase would be so thoroughly divided on a full-on, broad daylight reveal of John's face in a mainline Halo game that I can't imagine 343i willingly incurring the controversy of it, especially when there's really no good reason to.
The only things we've gotten so far were the eyes revealed in the H4 legendary ending and a few pages from the comic Collateral Damage. If there are other moments where we saw his adult face, then I must have forgotten them.
His face was shown in
Halo 4 Legendary ending
Halo: Fall of Reach Bootcamp comic
Collateral Damage comic
Fall of Reach animated series
His features were described in Fall of Reach novel

Just a list of where his face has been shown.
We've seen parts of his face already, I'm ok with that as long as it stays that way. (Halo fall of reach animated, H4 legendary ending, Halo omnibus, etc.)
I hope we'll NEVER see it!

Please 343 don't show us Chief's face! I already hated seeing his eyes in Halo 4, it was so much unnecessary and a little character breaking.

Quote:
Bungie way back when decided that it was best to not show the Chiefs face as it makes it easier for gamers to put themselves in his shoes.
Or so I've been told. I am fine with never seeing it.
Yes, agree with this statement ^
I wouldn't want to. His helmet is his face.
I don't want to see his face.
tL Armada wrote:
His face was shown in
Halo 4 Legendary ending
Collateral Damage comic

We also see a kid version of him in a trailer for Halo 3
tL Armada wrote:
His face was shown in
Halo 4 Legendary ending
Collateral Damage comic

We also see a kid version of him in a trailer for Halo 3
True, and a Halo 4 trailer as well, come to think of it.