Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Would you like invasion in Halo Infinite?

OP Zeta Zero5164

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I really loved invasion back in Reach, and would love if they added this in Halo: Infinte. What are your thoughts?
Admittedly, I didn't care much for invasion back in Reach. But I am well aware of the backing it has by fans who want it to return. I wouldn't mind seeing it return honestly.
I first and foremost would like to see the full backlog of original modes be there at launch. I personally don't like invasion but if playable Elites (or even Brutes) are a thing sure why not.
I Achi I wrote:
I first and foremost would like to see the full backlog of original modes be there at launch. I personally don't like invasion but if playable Elites (or even Brutes) are a thing sure why not.
Do you think there will be? I havent really been following halo infinite updates (scant as they may or may not be) out of habit
Please god no, every game was so unbalanced.
I Achi I wrote:
Do you think there will be? I havent really been following halo infinite updates (scant as they may or may not be) out of habit
imo I don't think there will be playable Brutes. I imagine it wouldn't make sense sandbox wise to have a 3rd player model to balance around.
Yes pls invasion.
except married with warzone and battle royale and um, that battle feild mode i forgot its name where each team has "tickets" and squads... etc.
Absolutely it’s my favorite game mode.
Yes. Maybe with different mechanics/objectives depending if the invaders are Human, Elites, Brutes or The Created.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Absolutely it’s my favorite game mode.
Mine too
Yes. Maybe with different mechanics/objectives depending if the invaders are Human, Elites, Brutes or The Created.
The created? Do you mean prometheans?
Have you played Halo 5? Asking in case you don't want spoilers.
I loved Invasion in the Reach beta when the Spartans were green and the Elites were purple. I hope they go with that idea again since it felt more unique and standout from the traditional RvB colors. I also hope (if it comes back) they increase the size from 8v8 to 10v10 or 16v6 since Warzone allowed the increase in player size (I just sorta realized that Warzone Assault was sorta a spiritual successor to Invasion)
Yeah I have
Reptar117 wrote:
I loved Invasion in the Reach beta when the Spartans were green and the Elites were purple. I hope they go with that idea again since it felt more unique and standout from the traditional RvB colors. I also hope (if it comes back) they increase the size from 8v8 to 10v10 or 16v6 since Warzone allowed the increase in player size (I just sorta realized that Warzone Assault was sorta a spiritual successor to Invasion)
I never played the reach beta; i didnt realize it was colored like that. That is pretty intresting. I do think an invasion/wsrzone hybrid would be good, essentially warzone assualt with phased loadouts, but im not sure how that would work if they kept the req system
What I used to play the most on Halo Reach was Invasion. I think is a good game mode and it would be amazing to see it back!
Yeah I have
The Created are the new faction formed from AIs who pledged alliance to Cortana.
I'd love to see an Invasion mode where you have to assault a Scarab as a Spartan team. Alternatively as Elites: Destroy a Target with a Scarab.

Reintroducing defined spawn characters would also allow the game to explore defined spawning weapons: Spartans spawn with shotguns/Elites with swords/ brutes with hammers; also mechanics:
Brutes can charge/Elites can roll/Spartans can thrust etc.
Yeah I have
The Created are the new faction formed from AIs who pledged alliance to Cortana.
Oh right, I kinda forgot that was a thing that happened lol
Yeah I have
Oh right, I kinda forgot that was a thing that happened lol
Halo 5 has a tendency to have forgettable moments in its campaign.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2