Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Would you like to see H5 thrusters make a return?

OP Cybernyde

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Yeah, I'd like to see them return. But Not necessarily for the campaign. I think the campaign would really benefit pacing wise with not having them, At least not right away, anyway. And no Spartan Charge please.

That being said, Ever since they were added my KD dropped significantly. But that could also be the fact my age has raised significantly :/ OH NO.
Yes I would like thrusters to return. It increased skill gap by rewarding high sensitivity players. High sensitivity is more difficult to aim with, but is objectively better then slow sensitivity since you can land shots before your opponents do. But its not a deal breaker. Maybe infinite will have a thruster equipment?

Ground pound and charge should never return though.
MysticKami wrote:
I really enjoyed the Thrusters in Halo5 and would love to see them return. Sprint, Clamber and Slide as well. I can do without Spartan Slam and Spartan Charge.
Same Spartan slam and ground pound were nightmares not to mention the fact that they took way too long to charge up.
This is going to be a controversial opinion, maybe it's because I'm getting old but as much as I prefer the old gameplay. I did like Thrusters. It made gunplay more interesting and stylish this is how I imagined gunplay being in Halo after future progressions. Even the little hover ability I wasn't good at using was really cool to see utilized properly the only movement I hated was Spartan Charge. I think Thrusters to stay especially in the strafe, crouch shot, jump shot movement.
I'm neutral on it honestly. Thrusters was cool from an in-universe standpoint since we got a little more feel in-game of what Spartans are capable of. But from a nostalgic gameplay stanpoint, it was incredibly untraditional and it threw things off a bit for me. I wouldn't have minded it returning but I definitely won't miss it.
I feel opposite about slide and clamber, those felt more quality of life just like ads (most of the time), thrusters felt to game changing which made it have the use of a easy get out of jail free card or for faster movement with the sprint, slide, jump then thrust with the later being the cataclysm for the combo. I honestly don't think it should make a return
Theres no way you can think all thrusters are used for is a "get out of jail free card" and faster movement....I mean its a staple to your strafe skill man. That in and of itself already makes mastering the use of it that much more important to your skill. Not only is crouching fully functional on your strafe now, but on top of that so is thrusters. You've had to have seen some high level halo 5 played right? Because its definitely not this get out of jail free card you're painting it out to be.

Not to mention all of the skill jumps added to the game with it....the knee cap jump..etc...and now what? we're going to have a grapple shot? Wow...thats fun....
Really depends n the player to be fair. Thrusters are a dynamic, every time you add a dynamic to an engagement you increase the length, hence why I think it adds to the "dance" in good/bad scenarios. For example, thrusting in mid battle can be exhilarating but thrusting to a piece of cover where you would've likely died isn't as fun.

The biggest issue with thrusters from what I've heard are:

1: They are unpredictable and make the game feel more twitchy. (Halo has emphasis on predictability through out its previous incarnations)

2: It's a mechanic that is shoehorn into the entity of the game (Why I think people see Halo 5 is sweaty)

Nonetheless, the point is not to discredit either POV but just acknowledge the good and the bad.
um no absolutely not. I don't like sprint in Halo at all. And no its not because I can't run myself or because I ignore the lore. Sprint isn't good for Halo's core gameplay design but I'll have to accept that 343i has no intention of catering to us older fans.

However one thing they should never bring back is thrusters, charge, and ground pound. Keep that none sense out. 343i should support Halo 5 since in my opinion its a great game, just a poor Halo game.
Pheinted wrote:
I feel opposite about slide and clamber, those felt more quality of life just like ads (most of the time), thrusters felt to game changing which made it have the use of a easy get out of jail free card or for faster movement with the sprint, slide, jump then thrust with the later being the cataclysm for the combo. I honestly don't think it should make a return
Theres no way you can think all thrusters are used for is a "get out of jail free card" and faster movement....I mean its a staple to your strafe skill man. That in and of itself already makes mastering the use of it that much more important to your skill. Not only is crouching fully functional on your strafe now, but on top of that so is thrusters. You've had to have seen some high level halo 5 played right? Because its definitely not this get out of jail free card you're painting it out to be.

Not to mention all of the skill jumps added to the game with it....the knee cap jump..etc...and now what? we're going to have a grapple shot? Wow...thats fun....
I've never seen high level plays with it, and I've barely if ever seen anyone use thruster in a gunfight as a "strafe skill" only as a way to get behind cover really fast or snipe then thrust to cover or to use the speed combo.
Pheinted wrote:
I feel opposite about slide and clamber, those felt more quality of life just like ads (most of the time), thrusters felt to game changing which made it have the use of a easy get out of jail free card or for faster movement with the sprint, slide, jump then thrust with the later being the cataclysm for the combo. I honestly don't think it should make a return
Theres no way you can think all thrusters are used for is a "get out of jail free card" and faster movement....I mean its a staple to your strafe skill man. That in and of itself already makes mastering the use of it that much more important to your skill. Not only is crouching fully functional on your strafe now, but on top of that so is thrusters. You've had to have seen some high level halo 5 played right? Because its definitely not this get out of jail free card you're painting it out to be.

Not to mention all of the skill jumps added to the game with it....the knee cap jump..etc...and now what? we're going to have a grapple shot? Wow...thats fun....
I've never seen high level plays with it, and I've barely if ever seen anyone use thruster in a gunfight as a "strafe skill" only as a way to get behind cover really fast or snipe then thrust to cover or to use the speed combo.
You've NEVER seen it used in a strafe before? You've NEVER seen someone get ninja'd before using either a 180 thrust over an enemy or a jump strafe backwards downwards melee? You can absolutely embarrass someone who just grabbed over shield....

Sure you can thrust too cover...but against competent players you still aren't surviving...and if your sole purpose is to sprint thrust slide jump all over the place and burn your thrust before each engagement you're bound to hate the game not understanding the importance of using that mechanic correctly....but to say you've NEVER seen someone using a thrust in their strafe.....come on man....you're either lying about that or weren't exposed to matches where players utilize it....I see it everyday that I play. I'm not even some high level player either. I'm pretty average.
I would like it to be more like Halo:CE no sprint,boost,Spartan abilities and clamber
Pheinted wrote:
I feel opposite about slide and clamber, those felt more quality of life just like ads (most of the time), thrusters felt to game changing which made it have the use of a easy get out of jail free card or for faster movement with the sprint, slide, jump then thrust with the later being the cataclysm for the combo. I honestly don't think it should make a return
Theres no way you can think all thrusters are used for is a "get out of jail free card" and faster movement....I mean its a staple to your strafe skill man. That in and of itself already makes mastering the use of it that much more important to your skill. Not only is crouching fully functional on your strafe now, but on top of that so is thrusters. You've had to have seen some high level halo 5 played right? Because its definitely not this get out of jail free card you're painting it out to be.

Not to mention all of the skill jumps added to the game with it....the knee cap jump..etc...and now what? we're going to have a grapple shot? Wow...thats fun....
I've never seen high level plays with it, and I've barely if ever seen anyone use thruster in a gunfight as a "strafe skill" only as a way to get behind cover really fast or snipe then thrust to cover or to use the speed combo.
Thrust is an easy-to-learn but hard-to-master mechanic.

The way you're describing it in this thread is as a user who understands the very basics of the mechanic. You know it's useful for movement, and sometimes you can use it to save yourself in fight.

The way players in high competitive ranks and pros like Frosty use it is at a much higher level. It's used in conjunction with other movement and jump mechanics in the game to navigate the map at a high level. This allows another level of competition over map control and spawn control that most average players couldn't hope to replicate without months/years matchmaking in competitive playlists.

Go watch some breakdown videos by Shyway in YouTube and hopefully you'll get more appreciation for what thruster adds to the combat dance.
Pheinted wrote:
I feel opposite about slide and clamber, those felt more quality of life just like ads (most of the time), thrusters felt to game changing which made it have the use of a easy get out of jail free card or for faster movement with the sprint, slide, jump then thrust with the later being the cataclysm for the combo. I honestly don't think it should make a return
Theres no way you can think all thrusters are used for is a "get out of jail free card" and faster movement....I mean its a staple to your strafe skill man. That in and of itself already makes mastering the use of it that much more important to your skill. Not only is crouching fully functional on your strafe now, but on top of that so is thrusters. You've had to have seen some high level halo 5 played right? Because its definitely not this get out of jail free card you're painting it out to be.

Not to mention all of the skill jumps added to the game with it....the knee cap jump..etc...and now what? we're going to have a grapple shot? Wow...thats fun....
I've never seen high level plays with it, and I've barely if ever seen anyone use thruster in a gunfight as a "strafe skill" only as a way to get behind cover really fast or snipe then thrust to cover or to use the speed combo.
Thrust is an easy-to-learn but hard-to-master mechanic.

The way you're describing it in this thread is as a user who understands the very basics of the mechanic. You know it's useful for movement, and sometimes you can use it to save yourself in fight.

The way players in high competitive ranks and pros like Frosty use it is at a much higher level. It's used in conjunction with other movement and jump mechanics in the game to navigate the map at a high level. This allows another level of competition over map control and spawn control that most average players couldn't hope to replicate without months/years matchmaking in competitive playlists.

Go watch some breakdown videos by Shyway in YouTube and hopefully you'll get more appreciation for what thruster adds to the combat dance.
Just so i don't double reply to the same user, here's a link and within the first intro clips you can already see all the stuff we're talking about.

Watch "C9 vs Falling, SEN vs Ambush Game 5?!? Round 3 ACTION." on YouTube
https://youtu.be/3M27-EYvLFE

We see the thrust strafe and the ninja I talk about to the other user. I love this stuff man. Its awesome that people still creat h5 content and we get to see these guys in action still. The 2sday matches are also awesome to watch.
Pheinted wrote:
I feel opposite about slide and clamber, those felt more quality of life just like ads (most of the time), thrusters felt to game changing which made it have the use of a easy get out of jail free card or for faster movement with the sprint, slide, jump then thrust with the later being the cataclysm for the combo. I honestly don't think it should make a return
Theres no way you can think all thrusters are used for is a "get out of jail free card" and faster movement....I mean its a staple to your strafe skill man. That in and of itself already makes mastering the use of it that much more important to your skill. Not only is crouching fully functional on your strafe now, but on top of that so is thrusters. You've had to have seen some high level halo 5 played right? Because its definitely not this get out of jail free card you're painting it out to be.

Not to mention all of the skill jumps added to the game with it....the knee cap jump..etc...and now what? we're going to have a grapple shot? Wow...thats fun....
I've never seen high level plays with it, and I've barely if ever seen anyone use thruster in a gunfight as a "strafe skill" only as a way to get behind cover really fast or snipe then thrust to cover or to use the speed combo.
yo man, no offense, but i see that you only have 395 total games played, at mostly a low level skill rank, you have never played onyx, champ level games. how can you say you have never seen high level players with it, when at least according to your waypoint history, have very little experience with H5. I mean this respectfully, because i love and accept all halo players for who they are based off of skill rank. I play with a lot of different skill level players in the game that are friends. But you have very little time in this game to formulate such an angular opinion.
I would like them to return. 343i should make a game mode where it disabled clamber, sprint, and thrust for people who dislikes them.
Sure it'd would be cool. I'd accept base ability or pickup variant.
Halo 5 would've played abi lt more fair if Spartan Charge and Ground pound were removed from MP. In Campaign it's fine but, even made the game more fun, but for balancing in MP, it would've been better without those.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3