Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Would you want a battle royal in Halo Infinite?

OP general dodo341

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Personally i wouldn't, but i'd like to see some other opinions.
I honestly hate the idea of Battle Royale in halo. Halo isn’t that type of game. If this happens idk if I could play halo infinite.
I don't see why we would need it. Free-for-all already exists.
Nope definitely don't want it in Halo.
343i have already stated that the only BR in Halo will be the weapon.
I'd love a Halo BR but not as a mode in Infinite or any other game. It would need to be it's own fleshed out standalone title.
Pesonally, not as an actual game mode. However, a compromise has already been reached by 343I. They said that while there will be no Battle Rotale Mode, you may still create it in Forge yourself.
Oh gosh another one of these lol. Not to knock you OP, but this has been discussed ad noseum on the forums, and from what I can tell the majority of users do not want Battle Royale in Halo. Not to mention, 343 already said they will not be going down the BR route unless you're talking about Battle Rifles.
Someone posted in another thread re: ODST battle royale.

But I guess that would rely on Forge having drop pods...
Oh gosh another one of these lol. Not to knock you OP, but this has been discussed ad noseum on the forums, and from what I can tell the majority of users do not want Battle Royale in Halo. Not to mention, 343 already said they will not be going down the BR route unless you're talking about Battle Rifles.
Sorry about posting one of these questions, i don't use halo way point to much so i don't really go through the forums to much and just wanted to see some opinions.
Halo following fads is what got us in the mess we're currently in, so absolutely not.
No. It wouldn't be halo
no, i don't want battle royal in halo... i'm not sure it would still be popular in late 2020, but even if it is: the market is already over-saturated and no-one would buy halo for a battle royal mode. there are plenty free2play BR games out there, so why would someone pay 60 €/$ for another one? only a few might buy it and then the playerbase is too small and it would die pretty quick.
No, game developers need to stop following this BR trend and work on something different that benefits for their games
As you can probably tell, the temperature amdist at least the Waypoint audience for trying to implement a major Battle Royale mode into Infinite is pretty tepid to outright cold.

343i, as others have said, has indicated that they're not planning on going this way, either. Personally, I'm glad they aren't. Halo has a distinctive and appealing pedigree in the online multi-player niche. It doesn't really need to be redefined or explained, and I believe attempts to do these things have steadily diluted the identity and standing of this series.

I can only see any BR mode serving to further fragment popular opinion of the Halo franchise, and I don't know that the franchise can meaningfully exist beyond another handful of fractures in its audience.
Making BR modes should be left to the community with forge. it's not worth the devs time or resources to make a dedicated BR mode. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a playlist update that adds a new BR playlist with maps and modes made by the community if demand is high enough. Some of my fondest memories of playing reach was playing DayZ on a giant forge map with seemingly random weapons scattered around the map.
Profesnol wrote:
it's not worth the devs time or resources to make a dedicated BR mode.
Yeah right, Epic and the Fortfight team might disagree. I would love to see a Halo BR, but I think a stand alone game would be better than a playlist in Halo Infinite. I hope it happens.
eviltedi wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
Yeah right, Epic and the Fortfight team might disagree. I would love to see a Halo BR, but I think a stand alone game would be better than a playlist in Halo Infinite. I hope it happens.
Give it a few months and people won't even remember either of those things.
eviltedi wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
Give it a few months and people won't even remember either of those things.
Players have been saying that since Fortnight launched, two years down the line and it's still going strong. BR is popular, it will be a staple in gaming for years to come imo. I hope to see a Halo BR at some point, but if we don't get one I'll take my money elsewhere.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3