Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Would you want a battle royal in Halo Infinite?

OP general dodo341

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
it's not worth the devs time or resources to make a dedicated BR mode.
Yeah right, Epic and the Fortfight team might disagree. I would love to see a Halo BR, but I think a stand alone game would be better than a playlist in Halo Infinite. I hope it happens.
Give it a few months and people won't even remember either of those things.
Players have been saying that since Fortnight launched, two years down the line and it's still going strong. BR is popular, it will be a staple in gaming for years to come imo. I hope to see a Halo BR at some point, but if we don't get one I'll take my money elsewhere.
The playerbase of Fortnite is children and those making money off children, so it'll just be another Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's. These things are fads, and fads don't last forever.
I'm still not sold on Battle Royale games. I think there is a place for them but in a mainline game in the series? No.
First and foremost, there has been an outcry, since Halo 5 dropped, for a return to form for the franchise. Many felt it stayed from what Halo used to be; with its "COD enhanced movement mechanics", microtransactions-REQs, and its controversial artstyle. Many said these issues were all to follow trends that most games already have, and that Halo should stand as the exception. I do agree to an extent. Having a Battle Royale mode, for the sake of it, because its popular at this current time, could be seen as a betrayal to many of the fans.
Halo has been an arena shooter when it comes to multiplayer since it debuted in 2001. And while many new game types have been introduced, its retained many of those core elements. While it has strayed from its originality, this could be its chance for a return to form, for the most part, and its return to the top of the FPS genre.

That's my take on it anyways.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
it's not worth the devs time or resources to make a dedicated BR mode.
Yeah right, Epic and the Fortfight team might disagree. I would love to see a Halo BR, but I think a stand alone game would be better than a playlist in Halo Infinite. I hope it happens.
Give it a few months and people won't even remember either of those things.
Players have been saying that since Fortnight launched, two years down the line and it's still going strong. BR is popular, it will be a staple in gaming for years to come imo. I hope to see a Halo BR at some point, but if we don't get one I'll take my money elsewhere.
The playerbase of Fortnite is children and those making money off children, so it'll just be another Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's. These things are fads, and fads don't last forever.
Just like what Alex is saying, and what I said in my comment, BR is a fad and really isn't something that should define a series. The reason games like Fortnite, Apex, and PUBG are still going strong is because their products are defined by the BR genre, why do you think no one talks about blackout from black ops anymore? the same thing would happen to Halo if they were to make a dedicated mode.
Profesnol wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
it's not worth the devs time or resources to make a dedicated BR mode.
Yeah right, Epic and the Fortfight team might disagree. I would love to see a Halo BR, but I think a stand alone game would be better than a playlist in Halo Infinite. I hope it happens.
Give it a few months and people won't even remember either of those things.
Players have been saying that since Fortnight launched, two years down the line and it's still going strong. BR is popular, it will be a staple in gaming for years to come imo. I hope to see a Halo BR at some point, but if we don't get one I'll take my money elsewhere.
The playerbase of Fortnite is children and those making money off children, so it'll just be another Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's. These things are fads, and fads don't last forever.
Just like what Alex is saying, and what I said in my comment, BR is a fad and really isn't something that should define a series. The reason games like Fortnite, Apex, and PUBG are still going strong is because their products are defined by the BR genre, why do you think no one talks about blackout from black ops anymore? the same thing would happen to Halo if they were to make a dedicated mode.
Indeed. Different franchises exist for different reasons, so you can't pluck an element from one game and place it into another just because they're both shooters. 343 Industries have conditioned people to believe that things like advanced mobility are "shooter mechanics" when, in actuality, they're mechanics from games like Titanfall.
No
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
it's not worth the devs time or resources to make a dedicated BR mode.
Yeah right, Epic and the Fortfight team might disagree. I would love to see a Halo BR, but I think a stand alone game would be better than a playlist in Halo Infinite. I hope it happens.
Give it a few months and people won't even remember either of those things.
Players have been saying that since Fortnight launched, two years down the line and it's still going strong. BR is popular, it will be a staple in gaming for years to come imo. I hope to see a Halo BR at some point, but if we don't get one I'll take my money elsewhere.
The playerbase of Fortnite is children and those making money off children, so it'll just be another Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's. These things are fads, and fads don't last forever.
That's not true. Players of all ages play many games. BR has a massive fan base and it's been growing steadily. It's not a fad, it's a game genre now, just like FPS shooters, RPGs, Action Adventure etc. On topic, I hope to see a Halo Battle Royale one day. If it does not happen I'll stick to Blackout or whatever BR game I find fun to play.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
it's not worth the devs time or resources to make a dedicated BR mode.
Yeah right, Epic and the Fortfight team might disagree. I would love to see a Halo BR, but I think a stand alone game would be better than a playlist in Halo Infinite. I hope it happens.
Give it a few months and people won't even remember either of those things.
Players have been saying that since Fortnight launched, two years down the line and it's still going strong. BR is popular, it will be a staple in gaming for years to come imo. I hope to see a Halo BR at some point, but if we don't get one I'll take my money elsewhere.
The playerbase of Fortnite is children and those making money off children, so it'll just be another Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's. These things are fads, and fads don't last forever.
That's not true. Players of all ages play many games. BR has a massive fan base and it's been growing steadily. It's not a fad, it's a game genre now, just like FPS shooters, RPGs, Action Adventure etc. On topic, I hope to see a Halo Battle Royale one day. If it does not happen I'll stick to Blackout or whatever BR game I find fun to play.
People of all ages do play many games, but excluding YouTubers and Twitch streamers, how old do you think the majority of Fortnite players really are? Because you're currently connected to the internet, and the evidence seems to lean in my favor. You also keep repeating, "it isn't a fad" without explaining what makes Fortnite different from games like Minecraft, Five Nights at Freddy's, Undertale, and others which have been completely forgotten. Why is this the one that'll stick around forever when lasting popularity has faded away so many times before?
Its basically just a game mode with no respawns so it could happen. I hope it doesn’t though. It’s doesn’t fit Halo.
Pesonally, not as an actual game mode. However, a compromise has already been reached by 343I. They said that while there will be no Battle Rotale Mode, you may still create it in Forge yourself.
This is a smart move. 343 focuses on the staple gametypes while continuing to evolve the capabilities of Forge. Watch the community make a BR that actually competes with the major BR games in terms of quality and fun.
Pesonally, not as an actual game mode. However, a compromise has already been reached by 343I. They said that while there will be no Battle Rotale Mode, you may still create it in Forge yourself.
This is a smart move. 343 focuses on the staple gametypes while continuing to evolve the capabilities of Forge. Watch the community make a BR that actually competes with the major BR games in terms of quality and fun.
This is why I am happy with 343I's Direction. Give us what we need. But let us make what we want.
Oh my simple answer?

No.

My answer with arguements?

No, because it's Halo.

The battle royale trend is gonna die down in a year or two, which means it won't be that big anymore. Fortnite is the last standing game still covered by media, the others have practically been forgotten by now. Halo must INVENT its own gimmicks, not follow other games and their desperate measures to set a foot in the gaming market industry.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
it's not worth the devs time or resources to make a dedicated BR mode.
Yeah right, Epic and the Fortfight team might disagree. I would love to see a Halo BR, but I think a stand alone game would be better than a playlist in Halo Infinite. I hope it happens.
Give it a few months and people won't even remember either of those things.
Players have been saying that since Fortnight launched, two years down the line and it's still going strong. BR is popular, it will be a staple in gaming for years to come imo. I hope to see a Halo BR at some point, but if we don't get one I'll take my money elsewhere.
The playerbase of Fortnite is children and those making money off children, so it'll just be another Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's. These things are fads, and fads don't last forever.
That's not true. Players of all ages play many games. BR has a massive fan base and it's been growing steadily. It's not a fad, it's a game genre now, just like FPS shooters, RPGs, Action Adventure etc. On topic, I hope to see a Halo Battle Royale one day. If it does not happen I'll stick to Blackout or whatever BR game I find fun to play.
People of all ages do play many games, but excluding YouTubers and Twitch streamers, how old do you think the majority of Fortnite players really are? Because you're currently connected to the internet, and the evidence seems to lean in my favor. You also keep repeating, "it isn't a fad" without explaining what makes Fortnite different from games like Minecraft, Five Nights at Freddy's, Undertale, and others which have been completely forgotten. Why is this the one that'll stick around forever when lasting popularity has faded away so many times before?
I'm saying Battle Royale is not a fad, you really need to re read what you quoted me on. You clearly did not read it properly. Battle Royale is it's own genre with different titles. It's a genre that's here to stay imo. On topic, I hope Halo gets a BR game one day, and if not that's fine, I'll stick to Blackout or whatever BR game I find appealing.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
it's not worth the devs time or resources to make a dedicated BR mode.
Yeah right, Epic and the Fortfight team might disagree. I would love to see a Halo BR, but I think a stand alone game would be better than a playlist in Halo Infinite. I hope it happens.
Give it a few months and people won't even remember either of those things.
Players have been saying that since Fortnight launched, two years down the line and it's still going strong. BR is popular, it will be a staple in gaming for years to come imo. I hope to see a Halo BR at some point, but if we don't get one I'll take my money elsewhere.
The playerbase of Fortnite is children and those making money off children, so it'll just be another Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's. These things are fads, and fads don't last forever.
That's not true. Players of all ages play many games. BR has a massive fan base and it's been growing steadily. It's not a fad, it's a game genre now, just like FPS shooters, RPGs, Action Adventure etc. On topic, I hope to see a Halo Battle Royale one day. If it does not happen I'll stick to Blackout or whatever BR game I find fun to play.
People of all ages do play many games, but excluding YouTubers and Twitch streamers, how old do you think the majority of Fortnite players really are? Because you're currently connected to the internet, and the evidence seems to lean in my favor. You also keep repeating, "it isn't a fad" without explaining what makes Fortnite different from games like Minecraft, Five Nights at Freddy's, Undertale, and others which have been completely forgotten. Why is this the one that'll stick around forever when lasting popularity has faded away so many times before?
I'm saying Battle Royale is not a fad, you really need to re read what you quoted me on. You clearly did not read it properly. Battle Royale is it's own genre with different titles. It's a genre that's here to stay imo. On topic, I hope Halo gets a BR game one day, and if not that's fine, I'll stick to Blackout or whatever BR game I find appealing.
And guess what? Minecraft had imitators too, so, by your definition, it was a genre. Where'd that genre go, friend?
I'd love a Halo BR but not as a mode in Infinite or any other game. It would need to be it's own fleshed out standalone title.
This for sure. I actually think the Halo universe is great for a battle royale. Lore wise, gameplay wise, and mechanics. Yeah, there might need to be some balancing or changes, but I think Halo could actually make a good BR. And one that is different enough to separate itself. PUBG is pretty slow and tactical. Fortnite is a little more wacky and goofy with building. Apex is faster pace with abilities and team comps. Battlefield honesty is too big, too slow, and the TTK is way too long. And Blackout is typical COD run and gun. I think Halo could find its own place in the space, but it has to be done right. It needs to be fully fleshed out, not just an added mode that was an afterthought or cash grab.
I'd love a Halo BR but not as a mode in Infinite or any other game. It would need to be it's own fleshed out standalone title.
This for sure. I actually think the Halo universe is great for a battle royale. Lore wise, gameplay wise, and mechanics. Yeah, there might need to be some balancing or changes, but I think Halo could actually make a good BR. And one that is different enough to separate itself. PUBG is pretty slow and tactical. Fortnite is a little more wacky and goofy with building. Apex is faster pace with abilities and team comps. Battlefield honesty is too big, too slow, and the TTK is way too long. And Blackout is typical COD run and gun. I think Halo could find its own place in the space, but it has to be done right. It needs to be fully fleshed out, not just an added mode that was an afterthought or cash grab.
I think it'd be cool if they tried to make it the first BR with equal starts.
People will make it in forge, they already did in halo 5, so there is no need for 343 to make it.
I think it would be nice, but since its irrelevant to how 343 makes halo game modes, obviously not
I would rather not. Halo has almost always been a team focused game. Sure, there is a FFA, but most of the playlists are all team based. Battle Royale is just a big cluster of individuals all fighting to be the last standing.
I would rather not. Halo has almost always been a team focused game. Sure, there is a FFA, but most of the playlists are all team based. Battle Royale is just a big cluster of individuals all fighting to be the last standing.
BR can have doubles, trios, and quads.

I used to shulk at the idea of Halo having a BR, but there's a lot of ways it can actually work well.

However, I wouldn't have it be a part of Hi's feature set. Have another team do it on the side as a spin-off that exists as its own Halo product.
I would rather not. Halo has almost always been a team focused game. Sure, there is a FFA, but most of the playlists are all team based. Battle Royale is just a big cluster of individuals all fighting to be the last standing.
BR can have doubles, trios, and quads.

I used to shulk at the idea of Halo having a BR, but there's a lot of ways it can actually work well.

However, I wouldn't have it be a part of Hi's feature set. Have another team do it on the side as a spin-off that exists as its own Halo product.
That's your opinion and I respect it (just as well I was unaware of BR actually having teams, so fair on that), but I don't want Halo stepping anywhere near the BR ring. It feels unnecessary in my opinion. Were there ever to be a Halo BR (spinoff or what have you), I won't shun Halo, but I certainly won't be touching it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3