Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

X019 Halo Infinite News???

OP MrBubbaliciouss

X019 is just days away. Now, I'm not expecting a gameplay reveal, but could we possibly get ANYTHING? I would literally even take another screenshot of the Discover Hope trailer from a different angle. Maybe a render of the assault rifle? Something?

They said they wanted to flight Halo Infinite, and Rob even replied on twitter saying that they would be flighting and releasing more info by the end of this year.

Halo 5's beta was in January, and it gave them around 10 months to actually take feedback into consideration. If Halo Infinite follows the same route, we'd have to get SOME sort of gameplay reveal within mere months now right? People might say that we'll have to wait til E3 2020, but I disagree. Halo 5 had its gameplay revealed in December just out of the blue. I'd expect Infinite campaign to be shown at E3 2020, but there's no way we DON'T get gameplay before that time.

I just hope something is shown or at least TALKED about regarding any details on Infinite. What do you guys think? Or has anyone already found an answer to this question?
They are still working on getting Reach out, I kinda doubt we will be getting early flights...
Releasing more info they said? God I hope for better connections outside US
Any significant showing of Infinite has to go hand in hand with the unveiling of Scarlet.

X019 is probably too early to show off Scarlet (and therefore Infinite)... but E3 2020 is probably too late...

Tricky isn't it.

Fingers crossed we get something though...
You never know. They may have a trick up their sleeve.
Not sure if that tweet exactly implies flighting before the end of the year but I sure hope it does. Anyway, I'm really hoping for flight plans at XO19. I can only play so much Apex before BR madness kicks in. I need an arena game to play even if it's just for short periods of time.
Flighting probably won't take as long since they're not having to worry about engine issues or memory problems or anything like that. And for PC, they'll have all the feedback from Reach they can apply to controls and stuff. I'm guessing flighting will be just for bugs, server stressing, and progression balancing (seriously 343, make progression balancing a priority, you CANNOT afford a Gears 5 situation). As much as I would love news before E3, it most likely won't happen. From E3 2019's Halo Infinite article:
Quote:
As for what’s next, E3 2020 will be a big moment for Halo Infinite. Until we reach that destination in 2020, we’ll continue to embrace the mystery and wonder of Halo and the endless opportunity and potential of this engine, this hardware and, most of all, this team.
They are still working on getting Reach out, I kinda doubt we will be getting early flights...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have completely separate teams for Reach/MCC and Infinite? Thought I read that somewhere.
kjbart wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have completely separate teams for Reach/MCC and Infinite? Thought I read that somewhere.
There are two seperate dev teams but I don't know about the "logistiks" you need for flighting.
But I was more concerned about the marketing aspect. I don't think they will split the attention between two games. Who knows, by the time Reach is out, e3 will probably be around the corner again
Honestly, they could just flash the word "Halo" at this point and I'd take it. We've been in the dark for so long.
I hope to hear something about the flights. Infinite will release on the Xbox one and the scarlet last I heard, so having the flights before more scarlet info is revealed shouldn’t be a problem. If 343 is planning to have time to actually benefit from Infinite’s flighting program, it needs to start soon. The last thing Halo needs is a rushed release and another broken launch.
I hope to hear something about the flights. Infinite will release on the Xbox one and the scarlet last I heard, so having the flights before more scarlet info is revealed shouldn’t be a problem. If 343 is planning to have time to actually benefit from Infinite’s flighting program, it needs to start soon. The last thing Halo needs is a rushed release and another broken launch.
yea espesically with it launching with a console
Not really expecting anything at X019, as much as I would love to see Halo I kind of doubt they will show anything, well suspect the Infinite flights won't get announced till early 2020.
There was that date in the discover hope trailer. Wouldn’t hold your breath over it. Because 343i is stuck because of scarletts marketing ploy. Maybe we’ll get an out of the blue beta or maybe we’ll get a small drop of gameplay. Hard telling. To keep from being disappointed I recommend not expecting anything until E3 2020
There was that date in the discover hope trailer. Wouldn’t hold your breath over it. Because 343i is stuck because of scarletts marketing ploy. Maybe we’ll get an out of the blue beta or maybe we’ll get a small drop of gameplay. Hard telling. To keep from being disappointed I recommend not expecting anything until E3 2020
That's a good point. If it wasn't tied to Scarlett there probably would've been more marketing for it. I just want to see what the gameplay is like so bad. It's crazy that there's been pretty much nothing on the game, and it's honestly not too far from release. I thought they said they were gonna be more transparent about everything?
The best I think it's reasonable to hope for is an offhanded mention to Infinite and an update on their current projections for when Reach will be ready to hit MCC and maybe, optimistically, a PC MCC release road map.

That all may be a bit more than we actually get. But I do think Halo Infinite will be mentioned- nothing new about it, just to remind everyone that it's next year's biggest deal right alongside the Scarlett.
That's a good point. If it wasn't tied to Scarlett there probably would've been more marketing for it. I just want to see what the gameplay is like so bad. It's crazy that there's been pretty much nothing on the game, and it's honestly not too far from release. I thought they said they were gonna be more transparent about everything?
What they have given us is very transparent. Black undersuites, built for split screen, it’s not like they’re ignoring us but they are probably being forced to wait and every 343 employee probably wants to burst tbh 😂. The only thing I would ACTUALLY expect is maybe a couple of concept art pieces before E3 and that’s even a hit or miss.
Maybe but as far as I'm aware it's not limited to Scarlett, it wouldn't make sense to leave the 'flights' too late near release or it would kind of defeat the purpose of the flights since nothing major would get changed if the direction of Infinite is good/bad...I doubt 343i could pull a 'Sonic movie' switch trend within the short time.