Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Xbox series X day 1 purchase linked to infinite?

OP WarBagel 117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
I don't know about Twisted Metal but I really doubt we're getting another Infamous for quite a long time considering Sucker Punch is launching Ghost of Tsushima this year. Unless they've had a studio working on a sequel in secret all this time which in unlikely.
I highly doubt it as well, nor do I think twisted metal is likely either. Those would just be the biggest game changers for me on the PlayStation side of things.
Oh gotcha. I'd love another Infamous too, one of my favourite PS franchises. Hopefully they start working on one after Ghost of Tsushima.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
I highly doubt it as well, nor do I think twisted metal is likely either. Those would just be the biggest game changers for me on the PlayStation side of things.
Oh gotcha. I'd love another Infamous too, one of my favourite PS franchises. Hopefully they start working on one after Ghost of Tsushima.
Same here and I’d certainly love it if that were the case. I will say ghosts looks like a really kool game and I hope it works on ps5 so I can eventually try it when I get one, but I would trade it a heartbeat for a new infamous.
Sure I'll get XsX day 1 for Halo since want to play Halo in the best way I can but I don't know if it'll bring Halo back to it's glory days before H4/H5 made the series worse. Not sure if want to consider ps5 yet since I found the ps4 to be mostly disappointing and lacking good games compared to last gen, I just wish it was doing full BC like Microsoft is doing with the Xbox series of consoles. Plus the SSD, Ray tracing is the main selling point for me besides just Halo.
Depends what halo infinite will be.
Id get one for elder scrolls 6.....
ronnie42 wrote:
Plus the SSD, Ray tracing is the main selling point for me besides just Halo.
This and the CPU. The bottleneck on the eight gen was just too much, not even a powerhouse like the XoneX could handle more than 30 stable FPS in most cases. If you ever asked yourself why the CPU was the main culprit! I'm so glad we finally got something decent on both new consoles and I wished people would talk more about it!
I always try to pick up a new console Day 1. Managed it with the OG Xbox one and Scorpio editions.
Im looking forward to the new tech!

As for Halo Infinite, if it’s launching alongside the console, it’s a day one pick up for me too. Regardless wether the game turns out great or not it’s still Halo. Been playing since I was a kid haha I won’t stop now
The IPs present impressive ideas, but they don't tie in well with new consoles. The Series X (which I thought sounded cooler when named Scarlet), is only having full compatibility with first party, and I don't think that the PS5 will have as much compatibility as Scarlet since the compatibility was only announced after the PS5. IP-wise, neither are perfect. Taking Scarlet just for Infinite is only good if you the full Slipspace engine capability. Otherwise, just use a wired connection and keep what you have. The determining factor is really just the best time to buy, which you won't know easily.

Also, buying a console first day is all about personal preference. Pick what you want, but doing it mindlessly is not always your best bet.

Seriously though, pick the console/ platform that is the most fun to play the most often. Hive mentality only helps with status in the community (and pre-order bonuses). The games today are meant to make money. The style of game development 10 years ago was better, and I follow it to this day: Have fun. Enjoy games, but don't hand over money wastefully.

End transmission.
I won't be purchasing a Series X at all. I built a nice gaming PC last year and with Game Pass I get all Microsoft first-party games at launch on PC.

Next gen I will probably just be purchasing a PS5 for the Sony exclusives.

I greatly prefer the Xbox controller though so I'm really hoping the new PS5 controller is more comfortable for me.
I plan to get the Xbox Series X for Halo Infinite, I'm hoping there's a console bundle. Just waiting on pre-orders to become available.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2