Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

You accept Evil Cortana or Dead Cortana?

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I hope she is defeated and somehow redeemed.
She killed thousands-millions of innocents in raising the guardians and invading worlds with her robotic army. I would recommend sealing her away like Mendicant Bias, as he killed countless trillions of forerunner alone, not counting other races. However he had knowledge on the flood which caused him to be given a form of mercy. Cortana however I don't really think has that type of chip to bargain with.
Kill her again, properly this time.
Pluto70 wrote:
Dead Cortana. Bringing back a dead loved one is lazy writing. Leave that for the soap operas.
Having Cortana as a "loved one" at all is itself a poor soap opera.

To answer the question; dead. If Cortana is going to die, she should stay dead. Those who claim that killing off Cortana would be a lot of hate to 343i, are seriously blowing out of proportion how bad it would be. People won't like it at first, but they'll get over it. If people embraced the new God of War with open arms, despite how risky and new it was, then Halo has no excuse.
Pluto70 wrote:
Dead Cortana. Bringing back a dead loved one is lazy writing. Leave that for the soap operas.
Having Cortana as a "loved one" at all is itself a poor soap opera.

To answer the question; dead. If Cortana is going to die, she should stay dead. Those who claim that killing off Cortana would be a lot of hate to 343i, are seriously blowing out of proportion how bad it would be. People won't like it at first, but they'll get over it. If people embraced the new God of War with open arms, despite how risky and new it was, then Halo has no excuse.
How is loving a character make it a soap opera? All good stories should make you fall in love with the characters.

I do agree that Cortana should die. Lore established 7 years. She went over that and sacrificed herself for MC. Bringing her back evil negated that sacrifice.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
How is loving a character make it a soap opera? All good stories should make you fall in love with the characters.
Thats not the same thing. "Loved one" in relation to the Master Chief is different from being a fan favourite.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Thats not the same thing. "Loved one" in relation to the Master Chief is different from being a fan favourite.
Ah yes. I ment it in the form of fan favorite. I don't believe someone shouldn't be able to die just because they are a fan favorite.

As for her and MC's relationship. It's ok they had one. It's is what gave the story more depth and rationale for some of the decisions.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Ah yes. I ment it in the form of fan favorite. I don't believe someone shouldn't be able to die just because they are a fan favorite.

As for her and MC's relationship. It's ok they had one. It's is what gave the story more depth and rationale for some of the decisions.
I'm sure they could have portrayed that just as effectively without the romance angle.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:

I'm sure they could have portrayed that just as effectively without the romance angle.
Agreed. I feel it should have been closer to the relationship amongst the Spartans II's. More of a comradery.
What if chief's new ai is Isabel?
Kill her. Locke's place in the game has just ruined Chief's main character story line and with Osiris being around we never get enough action from Blue Team now. Damn Spartan IVs ruining the show
I just hope they make the right decisions. And each of ous has its own opinion there was a reason Halo 4 and 5 were bad for some people. Some people didn't like multiplayer some people didn't like the story others enjoyed it. And with halo Infinite fan base divided(Opinions) it should be interesting what will they do. I just want to see more Chief and Arbiter working together. If they pull this off and make it a great game (I really wish they do) I would be really happy I think everyone would be. I just hope they don't prioritize the monetizing instead of the story.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:

There wasn’t romance.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:

There wasn’t romance.
Wasn't there? It sure seemed like it.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:

There wasn’t romance.
Wasn't there? It sure seemed like it.
You can be close to a person and not be romantically involved. I know folks like to point to the end of Halo 4 where Cortana touches Chief, but think about it. Cortana is an AI tasked with aiding and protecting Chief, and vice versa. She resides “in his head”, a very intimate place, yes, but its still a wall of separation. Earlier in Halo 4 we see Cortana lament never being able to feel things in a real way. However, for a brief moment she gets to do that by feeling the person she formed a connection with.

But again, you don’t need romance for that. I know people struggle to see past opposite sex individuals who are close as anything other than romantic partners, but I’d ask where else is there romance?
I personally would choose evil Cortana because it adds more suspense to Halo for the Master Chief to retrieve her and, like someone already said, bring her to Doctor Halsey for repair. It would also be alarming if Cortana managed to place flood spores on the Earth and the Spartans must contain it, or something like that.
I personally would choose evil Cortana because it adds more suspense to Halo for the Master Chief to retrieve her and, like someone already said, bring her to Doctor Halsey for repair. It would also be alarming if Cortana managed to place flood spores on the Earth and the Spartans must contain it, or something like that.
There is no good reason for Cortana to mess with the Flood.
Looks like cortana will be repaired?

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/29/halo-infinite-e3-2019-trailer-has-a-secret-message-from-cortana
Kill her again, properly this time.
Best idea possible. She does not have 9 lives people
I love Cortana as a character, but bringing her back was a big mistake IMO. Especially as the savior type bad guy. How boring.
Bring her back was going to happen eventually but it was way too soon and not done properly.
I would like to see her die, and I would like to see Chief bond with a new A.I.
Maybe have a monitor with him like 031 Exuberant Witness.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3