Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

You can only have 1. Firefight, Invasion, Warzone?

OP Lleighvack

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
If you could only have one of the following game types in halo Infinite, what would it be and why?
Firefight, Invasion, Warzone

I'm gonna go firefight. I've always been a big fan of horde defense, and with more powerful consoles coming out, my hope grows that we'll soon be able to forge our fire fight maps. I'd personally love to be able to have a base defence mode in the base I built with an infection mix were the infected have the AI on their team and have to storm the fort and kill us.
Gonna be a strong Firefight choice too because I love it for about all the exact same reasons.
Firefight, because I feel like Halo is better with a PvE gametype.
although i'm not so much a horde mode guy, i think it adds variaty to the game so i'm gonna go with firefight. although i personaly would prefer invasion, i think it would be better for the game and playerbase to have a PvE mode aside from the campaign....

warzone i wouldn't even want if i could have all 3 in this scenario... it's just focused on selling reqs and it would need an overhaul to a point where it wouldn't even resemble the h5 warzone mode anymore.
Ouch. I have lots of fond memories of Invasion, but I'm going to have to say Firefight.
I love invasion but I have to choose firefight
Super easy pick here, Firefight. The next Halo should have ODST style Firefight either as thy Firefight mode or as an option along with a other firefight mode. I think you can make firefight a thing where it could easy support 2 different styles. I really hope firefight is a huge thing in the next Halo.
I wonder if someone will actually choose Warzone over the other two? 😂😂
Firefight for me btw.
Firefight for sure. It was popular enough in Reach that excluding it from Halo 4 left me scratching my head and lamenting its absence. Spartan Ops missed the point and the appeal of FF- just having a highly customizable arcade PvE mode to really immerse yourself in the sandbox was an absolute joy. Warzone FF isn't a true successor or replacement, either; more of an adaptation/variation on the same basic idea inflated to scale with larger maps and online multi-player-only.

By the time Infinite launches, it'll have been a decade since we've had real Firefight in Halo. Time to make this right. If it isn't there again for Infinite, that's a big missed opportunity.
Lleighvack wrote:
If you could only have one of the following game types in halo Infinite, what would it be and why?

I'm gonna go firefight. I've always been a big fan of horde defense, and with more powerful consoles coming out, my hope grows that we'll soon be able to forge our fire fight maps. I'd personally love to be able to have a base defence mode in the base I built with an infection mix were the infected have the AI on their team and have to storm the fort and kill us.
Can I say none ? Not being bah humbug, or trying to derail your thread but I'm a slayer guy, and as a member of our community I feel it's a valid point that I don't really go for co op pve or objective game types. In all honesty I would not miss any of those.
I am going to have to pick Firefight. It is a fan favourite gamemode and has appeared in four Halo games to date in one way or another.
I'd choose Warzone IF it was vastly improved amd bigger. If it'd be H5 Warzone as is I think I'd choose firefight.
MrSid117 wrote:
I wonder if someone will actually choose Warzone over the other two? 😂😂
Firefight for me btw.
I mean, it's not like Warzone was the worst idea, but it's definitely something I'd consider the end result of essentially shunting a new mode strictly for the MTX after it could've already been considered perfect without them.

Basically, I think it soured too many mouths in order to be remembered as good, either through large parties pubstomping, constantly wasting high level REQs you may've spend a lot of money on, or anything of that sort of annoyance. Basically, an awesome idea in theory, but it was executed and handled exceptionally poorly, whether due to errant coffer filling or genuinely clueless design, or some mix theorof.

(Warzone firefight was just an awful, and is still an awful, piece of garbage that nobody should ever touch. And I say that as someone who plays it a lot.)
In an ideal world fire fight but in reality invasion would be the hardest for them to screw up.
Lleighvack wrote:

Firefight. Easy. Especially if it’s forgeable.
I don't think Invasion really belongs in this list because it's more of an objective based game mode, like capture the flag or assault. But between Warzone and Firefight, it's Firefight all day.
LOL!!! No brainer, Firefight like ODST but with Reach customization options
Firefight. Both warzone andbinvasion could easily be gametypes within BTB.
I personally enjoyed the concept of invasion very much. it was just poorly executed when we last saw it in action. Hopefully 343 perfects it in Infinite.
I'd have to go with firefight, this gamemode just brings so much more to the table.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3