Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

You can only have 1. Firefight, Invasion, Warzone?

OP Lleighvack

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Splitscreen with LAN...oh, that wasn't the question. Firefight then. Aces for sure.
Firefight, not even close.

Invasion and Warzone come with significant design requirements that have a huge effect on the sandbox. Their needs will inevitably end up taking resources away from Arena(including BTB) and I don't think either of them are worth it.

While Firefight does require its own dedicated spaces, it doesn't have any special considerations, it follows the same rules as the campaign.
That's simple; Firefight. Reasons:

Warzone
Warzone was a great idea, but it fell short of what 343i probably thought it would be. On paper, it sounds like the greatest experience in Halo; two teams of 12 players fighting to control key points to unlock the others base so they can destroy the core and win the game? Meanwhile having to battle tough enemies that spawn up at certain intervals, forcing both teams to either take advantage of the others distraction or work together to beat the common enemy? Sounds like a battle of epic proportions! Except that's far from what it ended up being; it quickly went from chaos to the bomb rush it is now where both teams try to rush the opponents bases the moment a high tier boss pops up. (If they don't try to do it right away. Well coordinated teams with skill can cap all three points and then converge on the opponents base, spawn camping the doors so no one can get out as they push in to win. A legitimate strategy, sure, but it doesn't make for very thrilling game play/experience. I say this having been on both ends of those fights. Steam rolling leaves little to be done and being rolled is frustrating to the point I honestly don't want to play.)

Warzone Firefight was a step in the right direction, but there's so much wrong with it that actually makes it downright infuriating to play at times. Like for instance the short timer for each round, you get 5 minutes to defend a thing, destroy a boss, or take down a wave of enemies you probably don't have the Req level to get the weapons to do so efficiently (we're looking at you Round 2 Banshee wave...don't think we've forgotten about you so easily...). Another thing is the constantly increasing respawn timer duration. Accidentally got run over by your team mate fleeing for his life (or trolling, whichever) at round 5? Too bad, gotta wait half a minute to get back into the action cause Palmer/Buck/Exuberant Witness/Yabda the Merciless says so. Because that's efficient. Hope you didn't spawn a rare and/or powerful weapon, because it's probably gone by the time you've realized what just happened that brought you to death. (Don't even get me started on the broken animation of spawning a vehicle from the launch bay, if you or the host lags even for a second while coming out of it, you will die for no reason.)

Do we even want to talk about the god awful spawns for most of the Warzone FireFight maps? Half the time you spawn on the opposite side of the map on foot. I get not wanting us to be spawn killed but please move the spawns closer to the action if Warzone Firefight returns to Infinite.

Invasion
Invasion was also a neat concept, except more often than not, the games were one sided. This was because of consistent spawning which allowed the better teams to literally spawn camp the opposing team with their own arsenal provided. If the Elites manage to establish a hold, they have two people stay back and guard, while the others rush out and spawn camp the Spartans. If the Spartans manage to push, the Elites would start spawning where the Spartans did and would have to run all the way back only to lose their base (I think this was a spawn bug, as when I went into Forge on an Invasion map, there were no Blue Spawns where the Spartans spawned. So, likely having the enemy team all over the Elites base, the game defaulted the Elites spawn to the Red team respawn points to avoid spawn killing since proximity spawn negation was a thing.) If they bring it back, it has to have its own set of specified maps. Using pre-existing maps only leads to chaos and makes for poor game play.

Firefight
Firefight was arguably the best out of all of them because it offered fun game types like Fiesta to the weapon loadouts. What will you spawn with? Who knows, but you'll have an unlimited ammo source for it so go nuts. It was a seemingly endless game type that gradually got tougher and tougher as each round and wave set went by. The most thrilling aspect of it was seeing how far you could go. This is where Warzone Firefight fell short because it's only 5 rounds and you only get 5 minutes each round or else you fail.
Invasion. I liked the idea of the asymmetric attack and defend with objectives that unlocked more parts of the map
Invasion all the way.
If its only 1, I am taking Warzone personally but I don't think this is a good comparison. It would be better to compare to Warzone Firefight IMO in that case its more of a toss up, and I could care less. I really enjoy both Warzone and BTB and the differences are enough that I want to see a version of both.
Firefight gets my vote.
I'd say Firefight...Odst style. Warzone was ok but it was basically pay to win and led to poorly balanced modes like 'Turbo', well Invasion was ok but felt more luck based in Reach so if any return then I'd say stick with Firefight but I wouldn't mind a game mode similar to Warzone...with offline options and no pay to win elements with weapon/vehicle weapons pickups instead of the awful impossible hijacks from H5. Hopefully no more Reach type 'firefight' since that led to is awful modes like Rocket-fest...which took barely any skill, got pretty boring after a while.
Warzone Firefight.... If there is forge for it.

Forge would fix a lot of the WZFF's shortcomings. You could control where enemies and bosses spawn and on what rounds. Also, the length of the rounds, as well as make some awesome maps.

I would love to have split screen and lan as well, and just relax with some friends and fight 10 Warden Eternals or something crazy like that.
warzone assault, always had fun playing that
Sypriz wrote:
If Warzone were to come back, I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing Assault again.
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
if warzone were to come back, id only want assault. Reg warzone isn't that fun tbh
Hard pick, but I'll go firefight
Sypriz wrote:
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
if warzone were to come back, id only want assault. Reg warzone isn't that fun tbh
Agreed. I personally don’t want Warzone to come back at all so that BTB gets more attention in development.
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
Agreed. I personally don’t want Warzone to come back at all so that BTB gets more attention in development.
I do too, i think BTB would be fine if WZA came back though, as long as WZA isn't treated like reg WZ was back in the day with updates and everything
Give me Invasion. What can I say, I'm still a Reach kid at heart?
Anyone remember generator defense for reach? It was like firefight,but there were also players with the AI on the covenant side. I think an expansion on this idea would be the optimal firefight/invasion/warzone experience.
As a big Invasion fan my vote goes to it of course! But frankly I hope we'll get Invasion and Firefight. Warzone on the other hand was just an excuse to integrate a gambling system into the game, I rather have an "extra big" team battle instead with 32-32 up to 50-50 players, three to five objectives/bases to conquer and most importantly PW and vehicles on the map and/or bounded to the objectives to conquer. No more REQ nonsense with annoying one time use cards! And don't hurt classic BtB for the other modes either please. I know I'm asking for a lot, but we haven't got a real Halo experience since Halo Reach either! :P
Lleighvack wrote:
If you could only have one of the following game types in halo Infinite, what would it be and why?
Firefight, Invasion, Warzone

I'm gonna go firefight. I've always been a big fan of horde defense, and with more powerful consoles coming out, my hope grows that we'll soon be able to forge our fire fight maps. I'd personally love to be able to have a base defence mode in the base I built with an infection mix were the infected have the AI on their team and have to storm the fort and kill us.
Im going to hope Warzone Firefight counts as a firefight mode. I like firefight out of all the 3 but the version in Reach and ODST did not offer much content whether you are winning or being overrun. Warzone firefight offers variety dependent on your kills on AI go bring out the best weapons to enjoy yourself using that can completely change the died in combat. Something the other firefights could not do was be consistent with your ordinance. They never have exactly what you could need or its never enough. Something that Warzone firefight can change.

Things I would change from Warzone firefight would be: Take out bosses. Those bullet sponges with high damage just ruin to free flow in combat. I rather have massive waves of Knights coming at me than one knight tanking everything and sniping me with an incineration cannon. Another change would be to have it actually be endless. Not 6 waves or anything.

Overall yes, Warzone firefight is the firefight choice I would want... if that counts
Firefight all the way, a nice mashup between reach and odst would be nice, I like the challenge odst brings but I loved solo queuing in gruntpocalypse after school and warming up with a headshot marathon before hopping into regular matchmaking.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3