Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

You can't make everyone happy

OP STEELBARBER

While I think this is the best looking armor given to any spartan to date.
That the old music score is coming back to surface but feels much more evolved.
And that we are being brought new emotionally in-depth characters and hints to a exciting new direction in the story.

There are still people that will not be optimistic for this game. For example, whether it be the feeling of wasted money to make Chief's armor look plastic and cartoony and overall a graphics downgrade. Confusion over where this story is going. Or complete hatred for changing the art style and going back to it's roots by going backwards instead of going forward. I've ultimately concluded that the fans of this series have become very complex with all the changes that has been made ever since 343 took over.
I personally will support any direction that 343 genuinely feel is best for their team and the fans and the overall story to this franchise and it's characters. I don't want them to completely do it for the fans, because sometimes we don't entirely know what we want. Some of us are led by nostalgia, and some just fancy change and what 343 has new established in my opinion.

What do you think?
Bungie made us all happy. They made excellent games.

All 3 models of their chiefs were flawless.

343 has yet to figure this out. They nailed it with the first trailer. Everyone was happy with this. And then they switch it for no reason. Are these people clueless or what?
How hard is it to take the model from halo 1, 2 or 3 and just upgrade the graphics. How hard is this??

Why does 343 feel like they have to put their own spin on everything, when the originals are better every single time??
BANGHART wrote:

Wut?
Launch H2: multiplayer broken (11 melees to kill someone!!!), legendary campaign is still one of the worst. No iconic pistol.
H3: not hitscan. Shortest campaign besides h5.

Halo Reach???? The community was up in flames. MLG left due to balance issues.

All halos have their flaws. So far the flaws on HI are extremely minor. I’ll judge more harshly when we see gameplay.
BANGHART wrote:

343 has yet to figure this out. They nailed it with the first trailer. Everyone was happy with this. And then they switch it for no reason. Are these people clueless or what?
Well 343 came from Bungie and most of the workers moved to 343 when they sold Halo with a contract. Also when Halo 2 was announced many CE fans didn't like the new armor. Bungie is not what it used to be either, they let other companies control them with Destiny 1 and 2 and they only recently split away from the larger companies, and that's only part of the reason they decided to sell both destiny 1 and 2 incomplete and to sell tiny dlc's that cost $30 each just to fix the game. Finally, what do you mean by they switched the armor?
BANGHART wrote:

Made us all happy? Personally I was not a fan of Halo 2's original design but I eventually came around to it, but it was hardly flawless when it initially came out.
BANGHART wrote:
They nailed it with the first trailer. Everyone was happy with this. And then they switch it for no reason. Are these people clueless or what?
I feel this is a bit of a nit-picky response. Mind you they only showed his helmet and the back of his leg in the teaser trailer.
Granted he appeared much thinner, his helmet is nearly the same just in different lighting. We knew that since it was just a teaser, what we saw wasn't the final product. I wouldn't be surprised if they even made some more renditions to his armor this year. Only thing I can side with negatively is that his armor looks more bright lime green, but that could be due to lighting and it is a easy fix.
Nalla78 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Wut?
Launch H2: multiplayer broken (11 melees to kill someone!!!), legendary campaign is still one of the worst. No iconic pistol.
H3: not hitscan. Shortest campaign besides h5.

Halo Reach???? The community was up in flames. MLG left due to balance issues.

All halos have their flaws. So far the flaws on HI are extremely minor. I’ll judge more harshly when we see gameplay.
LOL

way to cherry pick things for an argument

Are you really going to pretend the community was just as split as it is now back when bungie was making halo. Thats a bit delusional no?

Bungies Halos all had their flaws but we as Halo fans all loved them. Reach is the only exception and that was an excellent game regardless
BANGHART wrote:

Made us all happy? Personally I was not a fan of Halo 2's original design but I eventually came around to it, but it was hardly flawless when it initially came out.
edit: misread what you said.
BANGHART wrote:
They nailed it with the first trailer. Everyone was happy with this. And then they switch it for no reason. Are these people clueless or what?
I feel this is a bit of a nit-picky response. Mind you they only showed his helmet and the back of his leg in the teaser trailer.
Granted he appeared much thinner, his helmet is nearly the same just in different lighting. We knew that since it was just a teaser, what we saw wasn't the final product. I wouldn't be surprised if they even made some more renditions to his armor this year. Only thing I can side with negatively is that his armor looks more bright lime green, but that could be due to lighting and it is a easy fix.
they showed his helmet his hand and his leg. for me this was enough to show that he resembled the style from halo 2 and 3. this new model would be perfect but had to screw up the arms and legs for whatever reason. the proportions are clearly off and it looks cartoonish.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:
they showed his helmet his hand and his leg. for me this was enough to show that he resembled the style from halo 2 and 3. this new model would be perfect but had to screw up the arms and legs for whatever reason. the proportions are clearly off and it looks cartoonish.
I don't understand the cartoony aspect. Nor the problem with how his armor looks? His arms and legs seem to resembled 2 and 3 but just bulkier.
Recon494 wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Well 343 came from Bungie and most of the workers moved to 343 when they sold Halo with a contract. Also when Halo 2 was announced many CE fans didn't like the new armor. Bungie is not what it used to be either, they let other companies control them with Destiny 1 and 2 and they only recently split away from the larger companies, and that's only part of the reason they decided to sell both destiny 1 and 2 incomplete and to sell tiny dlc's that cost $30 each just to fix the game. Finally, what do you mean by they switched the armor?
Only 2 or 3 people from Bungie moved to 343 when they sold Halo just to let you know.
I made a quick fix on the lighting and slightly morphed the armor. makes a suprisingly large difference.

Imgur: Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designs
Amen.
My problem is, 343's proven they're sensitive to criticism. They've made turn-of-the-heel decisions based on criticism, and in the end that resulted in... what? Cortana being brought back as a villain, the Didact being dumped, Halo: Reach "marines"(Army soldiers) in a situation that is obviously not a normal deployment for UNSC Army soldiers AND the armor magically being changed again for nostalgia - which conveniently, I bet no one'll complain about.

When you set out to tell a story, you HAVE to have a plan, and go through with it. All these course-corrections does not lead to a well-made, larger whole.
I would hardly describe it as the best armour ever given to a Spartan...Especially since it looks like a regression both out of universe, and in. Unfortunately, I'm only going to accept it if it's Chief's Mk IV but repurposed, because his Mk VI armour couldn't be repaired.