Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

You guys are missing the mark on assassinations

OP spunkin49

Not having assassinations on launch is a really big misstep. The reasoning also doesnt make sense. you dont have them at launch because an assassination takes time?

That's the whole point tho, its an animation to flex on someone.

And their proposed solution just doesn't make sense, because it's already in the game.

If you wanna assasinate someone, you hold the button, if you dont want to, you click it, lol.

I just do not see the point in cutting assassinations for launch, same with elites but elites i can understand more
I hate assassinations they mess me up so much, so I am perfectly fine without them.
I hate assassinations they mess me up so much, so I am perfectly fine without them.
Then why don't you turn them off and let people who do like assassinations have them turned on
I only go for them if I can get it done before my kill gets yoinked
spunkin49 wrote:
Not having assassinations on launch is a really big misstep. The reasoning also doesnt make sense. you dont have them at launch because an assassination takes time?

And their proposed solution just doesn't make sense, because it's already in the game.

If you wanna assasinate someone, you hold the button, if you dont want to, you click it, lol.

I just do not see the point in cutting assassinations for launch, same with elites but elites i can understand more
You do realize that a flight test is not the launch of the actual game?
spunkin49 wrote:

I mean it literally only adds an aesthetic to gameplay so it's not a "big misstep". No one I ever played with ever had them on because of playing at a higher level and the problem they cause it tight matches. They obviously have a ton of systems and don't want to crunch the team.
I think they are awesome, however, for them to not interrupt the flow and pace of things I think they need to be streamlined. A Spartan would never take the time mid firefight to bend you backwards and stab you, it just doesn't make sense. Now what would make sense? For them to crush your visor with a flying elbow or pierce through it with a blade and continue on. Maybe even something like them giving you a quick snap of the neck or grab your shoulders and break your spine. Whatever they decide on, it needs to have enough flourish to be noticed but smooth enough to be wanted to be used in comp play.
spunkin49 wrote:

You do realize that a flight test is not the launch of the actual game?
They are confirmed not in the game On launch.
I'm glad they are looking into making assassinations meaningful and not just aesthetics.
Oh no . Could this be an end to the 100 cgb assassination lobbies ?
Assassination animations are a nice and flashy way of flexing on someone, true, but in terms of pure gameplay they are ultimately unnecessary. As long as I can one-punch man someone in the back, that's still an assassination to me.
I want Supernova back. Don't care how it fits into the gameplay loop.
They need assassinations for campaign. Not too fussed if they are not in MP.
I hope they are in game at launch, they are a really cool feature and should remain a part of Halo. Halo 5 did wonders allowing for unique assassinations. Just remove the ability to Yoink people and they'd be perfect
Then why don't you turn them off and let people who do like assassinations have them turned on
You can have them on. And I will kill you during and bag your face.
I'm okay with their delayed addition. I look forward to their reintroduction at a later date. I noticed they used the term "tool" when describing their reintegration to the sandbox, and wonder if they can be expanded further than just a flourished back smack.
We still have backsmacks, so I'm fine. They're coming after launch anyways.
I don't know that I'd call it a "really big misstep". That would be having poor gun play or hit detection. Not having assassinations at launch is more just a thing I wish was there, will eventually be there, and after it has been there awhile will be something we forget there was a time when it wasn't there.