Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

You should be able to add bots to custom games

OP SAM THE MAN 118

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think that 343 should add the feature of being able to add bots to a custom game, in case you want to play multiplayer, but not with other actual people. This would work great for split screen when you have a friend over, and you know that he would get his butt kicked in multiplayer, put you don’t want to play co-op campaign. Maybe it could be like local play in Call of Duty, where you have a large assortment of weapons to choose from, and you can change the number of bots, and their difficulty level to balance out the fight. This is my first post, and I want to know your thoughts on this suggestion, so feel free to do so in the comments section.
I love the idea! We should also get basic events that we can script for the bots in Forge mode. Here's another thread someone made with some similar ideas.
Very nice idea! I agree at 90% because I would prefer them to focus on the mandatory content before something like this :)
Absolutely agree. We are well past time when Halo should add offline bots to multiplayer. COD has been doing it for 10 years now. Bots serve all kinds of purposes - they can be used to fill multiplayer lobbies when someone leaves, they can be used to keep the game's multiplayer alive after it ages and the servers go offline, they can be used by people with limited/no access to Internet, and they can be used to learn maps and/or warm up.

I don't wanna hear the whole "Halo combat is too complex to simulate in bot behavior" argument. Other franchises with advanced movement have figured out how to do it.
Absolutely agree. We are well past time when Halo should add offline bots to multiplayer. COD has been doing it for 10 years now. Bots serve all kinds of purposes - they can be used to fill multiplayer lobbies when someone leaves, they can be used to keep the game's multiplayer alive after it ages and the servers go offline, they can be used by people with limited/no access to Internet, and they can be used to learn maps and/or warm up.

I don't wanna hear the whole "Halo combat is too complex to simulate in bot behavior" argument. Other franchises with advanced movement have figured out how to do it.
And let us not forget that with Forge mode getting more advance with every Halo game, adding bots and their respective scripts to Forge mode would open the floodgates for a lot more machinima content.
I have a feeling we’ll see bots in Infinite. The guys at id did a great job with AI enemies in DOOM’s SnapMap and I can see that being a good source of inspiration for 343i.
I would absolutely love a feature like this make it into the game. But something to consider, implementing AI into a map or custom game isn't as simple as a click and drop. You have to map routes for the AI to take on the landscape, what do they do, how do the handle interacting with other AI, and so much more. Despite that however, I do still believe adding AI to forge in some way would really help the game out and the maps people could make with it would be amazing.
Yes would be great, or that you could put ai in your maps with forge and make some kind of own levels
Profesnol wrote:
I would absolutely love a feature like this make it into the game. But something to consider, implementing AI into a map or custom game isn't as simple as a click and drop. You have to map routes for the AI to take on the landscape, what do they do, how do the handle interacting with other AI, and so much more. Despite that however, I do still believe adding AI to forge in some way would really help the game out and the maps people could make with it would be amazing.
Maybe like in "call of duty black ops" where you can choose between different difficulties. Imagine fighti g against legendary bots, or for beginners easy bots of course
Love this idea. Been wanting this since Halo 3 tbh. If this was a feature, in addition to having forge available for firefight maps... this game would be nothing short of legendary in the features department. A damn near infinite amount of repeatability!
Love this idea. Been wanting this since Halo 3 tbh. If this was a feature, in addition to having forge available for firefight maps... this game would be nothing short of legendary in the features department. A damn near infinite amount of repeatability!
Was that pun intentional?
Also I agree with everything you said.
And they should add AI in ranked games when one player is quit/disconnected.
Why not? I think it's a great feature. I would like to see bots like CoD did where they look like the Spartans you're friends have made.
Nuzair wrote:
Profesnol wrote:
Maybe like in "call of duty black ops" where you can choose between different difficulties. Imagine fighti g against legendary bots, or for beginners easy bots of course
training bots on dev maps would be awesome too.
I've had this idea ever since Halo Reach. We know Spartan AI exists because of Halo Reach, so I'm hoping for Spartan bots in custom games at some point in any Halo game. We got something similar with Halo Wars where you can choose allies and enemies on a set of maps. However, I'm no game designer, and I don't know the basics of AI implementation in video games, so it may be a bit more complicated if 343 Industries hasn't added it in at all.
Yeah.... have you guys considered how system resource intensive adding bots would be? I figure they would only be able to allow a few into custom games before available memory gets used up and slows down the game.
you forget that to have reliable ai bots in the game does require resources set aside to operate them...
This would be a blessing. It generally very intensive on the system running it, but many other games have pulled it off, and I believe Halo: Infinite and it's unbelievable budget plus NextGen or PC could pull it off.
I've wanted bots in multiplayer since Halo 2, but I have no idea how it could work with Halo's sandbox design.
Yeah.... have you guys considered how system resource intensive adding bots would be? I figure they would only be able to allow a few into custom games before available memory gets used up and slows down the game.
you forget that to have reliable ai bots in the game does require resources set aside to operate them...
These cod guys ,doom guys and titanfall guys must be absolute geniuses then , to be able implement effectively into nearly all their maps , nearly every mode and even varying levels of difficulty. I'm not saying it's easy but AAA tile shave been doing it really well for quite some time now. I'm sure 343i can and should spend the resources on this as it adds a lot of replay value to any title .
Custom game & Forge bots have never been added to Halo at all, even after all these years. I've seen their benefits as early as Metroid Prime Hunters for the NDS. Even though MPH's bots are offline-only and they don't play like real players do, they still felt useful in practice since they don't flinch or stall fire like typical AI's do. Considering that Infinite will be massive, I can see the addition of bots in multiplayer. Along with being unflinching and less stall shooting like human players are, if not their use in experimental custom game modes and forge maps, one thing I would kill to see is MP Filler Bots! MP Filler Bots can serve as online team fillers when a player quits the game and staying until the vacant space is filled by another player joining mid-game. If that does happen, it would also help out tremendously if the difficulty of the MP bots can be adjusted, automatically online depending on the situation and manually in custom games/forge. 343, please consider this for those who need a lot better "practice".
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2