Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

You should be able to add bots to custom games

OP SAM THE MAN 118

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They should add one bot in a Ranked match when someone disconnected or quit. It’s better and a bit fair than 3 vs 4.
tuhin94 wrote:
I have a feeling we’ll see bots in Infinite. The guys at id did a great job with AI enemies in DOOM’s SnapMap and I can see that being a good source of inspiration for 343i.
Interesting fact, Certain affinity did the mp for doom, they also did the dev maps for H2A and were involved with h4s mp, and according to there wiki they've also worked on various cod titles If there was ever a crowd that 343i has had a strong relationship with and know how to implement bots and mp mechanics, please make it happen 343i bots ftw
And then , how do you balance an A.I. in the middle of a match. It will either become as much of a detriment as just being down a player , or it will be extremely frustrating to know that you had the game won , until some one quit out and a legendary bot carried the other team to win?
Honestly , either they are worthlessly easy , or they are O.P.
Facing a legendary bot on its own doesn't sound to hard (legendary campaign A.I. one on one isn't to tough) , but once you combine that accuracy and evasiveness with a team that knows how to work with it , it will become frustrating.
I have no issue with Forge bots for Machinima or original "campaign" style maps or off line "practice". But adding them to live Matchmaking is a horrible idea.
Just my opinion.
Yeah.... have you guys considered how system resource intensive adding bots would be? I figure they would only be able to allow a few into custom games before available memory gets used up and slows down the game.
you forget that to have reliable ai bots in the game does require resources set aside to operate them...
Thank you, I'm glad someone realized this among the sea of 'omg yes' replies. 343 could spend time improving other areas of the game instead of adding bots.
Oh and those saying add them for practice, playing bots is sure to make you WORSE at the game as no real player acts like a bot so you'll get used to facing bots then get destroyed against a decent human opponent.

No bots please, Especially in matchmaking, let alone ranked. Were the people suggesting that trolling? Oh yea they couldn't be that's not allowed here. Opinions like that are why I wish gamefaqs still had a Halo population, more thoughtful ideas there, in between the antics.
Enroj wrote:
Yeah.... have you guys considered how system resource intensive adding bots would be? I figure they would only be able to allow a few into custom games before available memory gets used up and slows down the game.
you forget that to have reliable ai bots in the game does require resources set aside to operate them...
Thank you, I'm glad someone realized this among the sea of 'omg yes' replies. 343 could spend time improving other areas of the game instead of adding bots.
Oh and those saying add them for practice, playing bots is sure to make you WORSE at the game as no real player acts like a bot so you'll get used to facing bots then get destroyed against a decent human opponent.

No bots please, Especially in matchmaking, let alone ranked. Were the people suggesting that trolling? Oh yea they couldn't be that's not allowed here. Opinions like that are why I wish gamefaqs still had a Halo population, more thoughtful ideas there, in between the antics.
I hate to disagree with you, but MP Filler Bots would be rather helpful in Matchmaking, especially when it comes to big team games. I like playing big team games since its a lot more sandbox-like with more toys to play with. But the biggest problem with game modes like those, they have the most quitters. In my experience, most the big team games I play my team gets the most quitters, which also unfortunately grants an easy victory allowance for the other team, and also, to a lesser extent, permission to disrespect us wrongfully (like teabagging savagely among overkilling, even during post games). Since Infinite will be "massive" considering its insane budgets and a holiday 2020 release planned (which I hope they will delay it if it isn't ready like they promised with MCC's Reach), also the fact that many other big name games got the whole bot thing right for years (just to mock other games like Halo), it could (and in my opinion should) happen. I'm getting real sick of losing big team games too much because of so many quitters (especially when they don't log-off of XBL immediately afterwards just to enrage us even more for their "lack of commitment" or that they want to escape a loss on their record). Balance and fairness in teams is important for large scale game modes, my opinion.

And also, wouldn't it be fun to use bots to practice offline to sharpen your aiming (like for the Sniper Rifles), or even just to harass them in custom games and forge?

To be honest; I cannot see how adding MPBots with customized offline skills and behaviors would be "too complicated" in todays era, maybe for online quitter countering when it comes to automatic skill adjusting upon situation severity, but even then it cannot be that hard... I'm guessing, I'm no programmer...

If it is too much to do, there is another option; underdog assistance like spawning with mild or major overshields and a temporary assassination, headshot, and or splatter immunity among other things to give the "losers" a more fighting chance when they suffered quitters who abandoned their own team...

Just saying... it's not illegal...
I don't disagree that Bots would be a great addition to the series, but it's been something that the devs since the Bungie days haven't cared at all about and I haven't seen any attitude changes on it since. So, I wouldn't hold my breath on them, unfortunately.
I like the idea, but then all the purists will be crying about how Infinte is aNOtHeR cOD cLoNE!!
I've always wanted bots in halo. 👍🏻
Games like doom and now Gears 5 have the ability to add enemies into your map but if Infinite did the same type of thing it would be awesome to think how much more they would be able to pull off with the new engine
I like the idea, but then all the purists will be crying about how Infinte is aNOtHeR cOD cLoNE!!
That's the problem with Halo today; it has way too many purists who always whine about every new thing that 343 Industries (and Bungie too with Halo Reach, before their semi-fatal deal with Activision) adds to the games in order to stay competitive with the other modern-day big guns like Call of Duty, Gears of War, and many others. My response to all those "purists" is simply this: If you don't like the newer things about the newer games, don't play the newer games! Hard fact about life itself; Modernizations are an unavoidable entity for many things in this world are not made to last indefinitely. Newer additions do what the developers want to, and or need to stay active in the market and survive. Some newer things work while others don't, in Halo's case the new art style of 4 and 5 didn't seem quite right while Halo Wars 2 perfected it, gameplay mechanics like 4's death-cams, no descoping, grenade danger indicators, and limited sprinting by default (without forcing you to slow down to recharge your shields while you not being shot at) made sense along with armor abilities from the jet pack to armor lock, and even some of 5's logics worked too like clambering and sliding, even aiming down the sights on all weapons worked too if they were done well without that silly "smart scope" thing.

The players out there that condemn Halo's newer additions and also calling it a "COD clone" are not helping out the series and also the developers to a certain extent with their "problems" that butchers the franchises chances to survive. My advice to 343 if not all of the community as a whole is obvious; stop listening to the toxic purists and basically tell them to not play the newer games if they don't like it. *Halo Purists: How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?! Everyone else; I love the young people...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I dunno man , I think it's a tragedy that when the mp ages or a new game comes the population drops those resources and hard work just goes to waste.
. Bots allow the dev maps to keep being ultilised and appreciated . If I was a dev I'd really enjoy knowing after I lovingly crafted a masterpiece of a map that someone 10 -20 years later is going around my map still enjoying the game I'd poured my heart and soul into creating .
Best example I can think of is stars wars battlefront 2 on OG Xbox 2005 I can fashion a battle on any map anytime with any set of rules that the system will allow , 14 years after release that game still adds value to the player and the dev' s who worked on it .
That game will never die , why because someone had the forethought of bot investment .
halo games should never die either but they will , because both bungie and 343 didn't invest in bots .
reach is the best chance because of firefight, that mode alone will allow longevity long after all the other titles mp population die.( H4 spartan ops also fits the criteria as well ) I try and buy any console shooter that allows bots because I really enjoy knowing that my investment doesn't just have a 2 or 3 year lifespan .
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2