Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Your hopes for infinite

OP its zeus8386

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What are your Hope's for halo infinite?
A good video game where the elites take over the galaxy and assume the mantle of responsibility and the grunts kill all the jackals. I hope that is not to much to ask for.
The main thing I’m looking to see is a much more upgraded Forge. With entities, new vehicles and more.
I have no hopes for this game. Why be hyped for it when it will just not only repeat many of the same mistakes that H5 made, but also have even more problems? The fact that you will be forced to pay money just to change armor colors/skins is already more than enough incentive for me to avoid the game like the plague. Also, it's time for Chief to go honestly. He's been milked to death, why continue doing it?
Honestly, I'm just hoping for something fun to play, that feels like Halo, and a story that won't be bad like 5 apparently was (still haven't played 5).
A good story that is fun to replay. To this day I find playing through CE, H2, H3, ODST, and Reach to be incredibly fun. CE is almost 20 years old at this point, and I still find endless entertainment playing through that campaign. Hopefully Infinite can draw upon that.
A good video game where the elites take over the galaxy and assume the mantle of responsibility and the grunts kill all the jackals. I hope that is not to much to ask for.
Perfection, Jackals need to die and grunts are precious
Honestly, there are only two things I hope for: Recon, and the most impressive Forge mode to date.
You sir both of you a people of culture
You sir both of you a people of culture
I have this image in my head of the Gordon Ramsey meme where he's looking at a Grunt saying "Oh dear, gorgeous", then looking at a Jackal and saying "you -yoinking- donkey!".
I hope the Campaign is amazing and a fun multiplayer
A complete and working (besides minor issues/bugs) game at launch.
I wish for more true classic designs, a CE style melee (less power and no lunge), returning enemy types like Drones and Engineers, a fun, replay-able campaign in which Sprint and the grappling hook won't negatively affect my experience should I choose not to use them, a multiplayer that won't suffer the impact of sprint (again) or clamber, but most importantly, one that isn't dominated by a single weapon. Ooh, and how about a unlock-able map like Halo 2's Foundation?

"The hopes of all our Covenant rest on your shoulders, 343."
I hope the game avoids the Battle Royale death trap that apparently 99% of Halo fans dislike.

I actually like Jackals, I hope we see the end of the Brutes (and the Banished.)
The only hope I have is that halo infinite comes out sooner rather than later. I’ve waited 5 years for this game. It’s getting irritating that we have to wait so long because of some crybabies complaining about this and that. I understand that the pandemic caused a lot of problems but MS could have been done with this awhile ago by increasing manpower LAST year and making a big push to finish it by this summer. But no, like all shortsighted people chasing the almighty dollar MS didn’t want to put up the bucks to make it happen.

so we’re now stuck with the consequences of that decision. I enjoy my series X but I really wish infinite were playable on it NOW.
I wish for more true classic designs, a CE style melee (less power and no lunge), returning enemy types like Drones and Engineers, a fun, replay-able campaign in which Sprint and the grappling hook won't negatively affect my experience should I choose not to use them, a multiplayer that won't suffer the impact of sprint (again) or clamber, but most importantly, one that isn't dominated by a single weapon. Ooh, and how about a unlock-able map like Halo 2's Foundation?

"a CE style melee (less power and no lunge)"

naaaaa, i want to be able to quickly dispatch people at close range and move on to the next target.
halo reach had a horrid melee system too
I wan't oddball to get the respect it deserves.
What are your Hope's for halo infinite?
I just want to go back and enjoy a classic Halo experience, yet at the same time with modernized aspects. Kind of like what DOOM 2016 did for the DOOM franchise.
  • PvE content with huge sustain for years.
  • Impressive regional server support.
  • A good campaign story would be nice.
  • Battle Royale Halo style would be well suited.
  • Waaay less esports focus.
  • A return to classic default Halo from 1-3 with flag/bomb style focus.
  • Mature Halo, think H2A cutscenes and not cartoon Infinite reveal.

"a CE style melee (less power and no lunge)"

naaaaa, i want to be able to quickly dispatch people at close range and move on to the next target.
halo reach had a horrid melee system too
Even if it makes the game worse as double melee is a horrid mechanic brought on by sprint plus high melee damage?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2