Forums / Community / Halo App Discussion

[Locked] Is This Only Usfeul for PC players?

OP SkullCrush3r114

I know you can launch your games from this app and Download Halo 5 forge, but does it really do anything more than that other than just maybe a little bit of basic news? I have a slow-ish computer so I only play on my Xbox mostly
I think it can be useful for other things
Honestly it's only useful for pc and spartan companies, any other use is void since monitors funnel everybody into years old posts
Honestly it's only useful for pc and spartan companies, any other use is void since monitors funnel everybody into years old posts
What.
What.
I'm saying it's not useful for the average person unless youre trying to join or manage a spartan company, since most posts are directed to others which at times can be old and have far too many posts/comments which most people really don't want to sift through (most as in the many people I've talked to in halo groups and others I've met playing the game) I mean I hardly know anybody who actually wants to use Waypoint anymore because a lot of posts get locked and redirected to older ones. Now, obviously, don't take it the wrong way, but a lot of the people I've talked to used to enjoy Waypoint a lot more (including myself) however many years ago it was before the "new" rules came in effect where we can't "bring up old topics" or getting locked and redirected to other posts because they had a similar subject
So there's a reason for some of the rules we have and this topic kinda helps hit that nail on the head - this topic is about the Halo App and it's usefulness, but now it's gone completely off-topic because you interjected and started talking about the decisions that moderators make. We have that rule to prevent this kind of thing from taking over threads with unrelated comments. If you have an issue with moderation, you can PM one of the team. If you have an issue with the forum rules, you would take that up with ske7ch or Unyshek.

Regarding "a lot of posts get locked and redirected to older ones. " - if there is an already active thread or a megathread that specifically been set up to handle a certain discussion topic (to save said topic flooding the forums and pushing other discussion out of the way), yes we will do that in an effort to keep the forums clean. That's why we're here. The rules on necroposting have been here since Waypoint started, it's not a new thing it's just more obvious in the rules now.

This post from comedyshermit pretty much covers everything on the side of why we lock old topics and direct folks to megathreads or newer threads: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f9237adeaf1742c09de144d7bf3f7507/topics/topics-locked-for-being-to-old/834d0a40-af00-4671-bd04-a954be9f2789/posts?page=1#post2

With all that said, I need to lock this topic now as it has strayed too far off and people will inevitably use it to continue our discussion and not the OPs.

@OP - feel free to make a new thread if you are still interested in feedback