Forums / Community / Halo App Discussion

What's the point of the Halo Channel

OP Tdrow

i personally can not figure out why the Halo channel is even a thing. I don't think it is user freindly and I don't understand what it's suppose to do in the first place... Does anyone know what the app is suppose to accomplish? I would love to know
I was just about to post a query wondering if it's even active. Home page has looked the same for weeks.

Cheers, Brad
GT SquareRigged
I also feel like alot of people don't use it i only used it briefly to watch some halo series but that's kinda it. It would be more intresting if it had like game stats, costumization and much more detailed etc(you already have some of this on website but it's limited and doesn't feel that special) But much more detailed etc
I think the Halo Channel App has great potential; however, there are a few issues with it:
- Live Action videos won't play on my Huawei P9 (everything is up-to-date and I've followed the troubleshooting guide) which is annoying.
- Always opens on the 'Featured' screen which is all HW2 (which I don't own). Why doesn't it remember this and show me my channel by default?
- Some navigation is counterintuitive.

Things I'd quite like to see are;
+ A more in-depth customisation section (more akin to the game than Waypoint),
+ Theatre mode (watch bookmarked videos in app),
+ Heatmaps and more detailed stats.
Caprakan wrote:
Things I'd quite like to see are;
+ A more in-depth customisation section (more akin to the game than Waypoint),
+ Theatre mode (watch bookmarked videos in app),
+ Heatmaps and more detailed stats.
The way way point did for halo three was awsome, why can't that comeback.
Back when 343i showed it off it looked really and I mean really good. Sadly ever since it got launched it was just disappointing.
the halo channel is basically an app with all the official films/shows that are associated with halo, with a profile and service record tacked on, it's basically useless
It basically tells news and has episodes of halo night fall on it, so basically you can see upcoming things on halo channel
Alway felt kinda piontless as all the apps content is avalible else where and none of it useful to have while playing no tips tricks or map plans