Forums / Community / Halo App Discussion

Will Way point ever get an app on phones?

OP A Psycho Punk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think it's something everyone's been wanting, using this app on PC or on phones through Google is a real hassle, and you can't get notificationa from when people message you or reply to your posts etc. If we could get an app just for the forums and messages alone that'd be perfect, and I'm sure plenty of us, including myself, would love to have access to an app rather than using a Web browser to use the site.
I think it's something everyone's been wanting, using this app on PC or on phones through Google is a real hassle, and you can't get notificationa from when people message you or reply to your posts etc. If we could get an app just for the forums and messages alone that'd be perfect, and I'm sure plenty of us, including myself, would love to have access to an app rather than using a Web browser to use the site.
You aren't wrong. Lots of us want this and I hope 343i will make this a reality. We need an application that acts just like the Destiny Companion application. An app where we can also start group chats and see all the forums mobile.
Didn't they just did?
Didn't they just did?
As far as I know, there hasn't been an app for Way point, just Channel which is nothing like Waypoint
I wish. It would make Halo life waaay easier.
I agree, a Halo app would be more efficient on cellular devices, since using a browser slows it down. Why won't this app be made? We already have the Xbox app, and other apps are made for games like Destiny and SW Battlefront, so what's stopping 343 from doing the same? All in all, I would enjoy having a Halo app because it would make life easier and they already have one for the Xbox console.
Didn't they just did?
As far as I know, there hasn't been an app for Way point, just Channel which is nothing like Waypoint
Have you checked out the Channel app for the phone? It's actually more like Waypoint than the Channel. OK, it doesn't have forums or messaging - but it does have your SR stats, Spartan Company, news articles, esports, etc. May not be all that you are looking for, but it's a start I think.
The halo channel app is a good start. However, it's just that, a start. It doesn't feel like a finished app especially when you're comparing it to the destiny and sw battlefront apps mentioned above.
If the web team could squeeze in support for the web notifications api and give us browser / desktop notifications, I would love them forever <3
Moskata wrote:
The halo channel app is a good start. However, it's just that, a start. It doesn't feel like a finished app especially when you're comparing it to the destiny and sw battlefront apps mentioned above.
Fair enough - The good news is I can assure you the team is seeing this feedback! :)
Moskata wrote:
Fair enough - The good news is I can assure you the team is seeing this feedback! :)
If they are get them working on a system that allows you to add people to spartan companies via the app xD
It needs to be like the website more where u can search for companies and other stuff like that
An app would be amazing
Couldn't agree more this is the 21st century just about everybody has a smartphone rarley firing up a computer or laptop. This is the app era is it not LOL
I know this probably isn't the done thing, but I'm reposting the following as this may be a more appropriate place. It is from the "What's the point of the Halo Channel App?" thread:

I think the Halo Channel App has great potential; however, there are a few issues with it:
- Live Action videos won't play on my Huawei P9 (everything is up-to-date and I've followed the troubleshooting guide) which is annoying.
- Always opens on the 'Featured' screen which is all HW2 (which I don't own). Why doesn't it remember this and show me my channel by default?
- Some navigation is counterintuitive.Things I'd quite like to see are;
+ A more in-depth customisation section (more akin to the game than Waypoint),
+ Theatre mode (watch bookmarked videos in app),
+ Heatmaps and more detailed stats.
Things I'd like the future Halo Waypoint app to do on my iOS device:
  • Push Notifications on phone when notification received on Waypoint (REQ pack received, Message replied to, etc)
  • Notify when new Community Update is published (Like "subscribing" to the Community Update)
  • While I'm in a match in Halo 6, some how recognize I'm active and show heat maps, score, timer etc.
  • After the match, show stats
  • Download custom Forge Maps, Gametypes to Xbox
I can dream.
A halo equivalent of the destiny app would be perfect.
I would be in a lot more often if there was an app. I'm on my phone a lot more than my computer.
I agree, and in all honesty we should have complete costumization over our spartans not just on an app but here in waypoint too, I want to be able to customize my spartans emblem and servicetag over waypoint when im not on the game
Yeah we need a waypoint app. I'm writing this on my iPhone.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3