Forums / Support / Halo App Support

Halo App – Official Bug Report Thread

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The Halo app is now available and completely free! Since it is a new experience, we are looking to gather as much community feedback as possible. As this is a brand new app, we’ll be using this feedback thread to collect any bug reports that you may have. If you encounter any issues while playing, please report them in this thread.

Please make sure that you have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in order to download the Halo app.

If you are looking to download Halo 5: Forge and the Halo app, you can use this link: here
For Support matters related to Halo 5: Forge, please use the Halo 5: Forge Support Forum.

Thank you! We appreciate your help with improving the Halo app.
cant download Halo 5: Forge and the Halo app on windows 10 get of your lazy a** and fix this. my pc is 100% up to date in updates
Homie Ruby wrote:
cant download Halo 5: Forge and the Halo app on windows 10 get of your lazy a** and fix this. my pc is 100% up to date in updates
Word to this wise, this is not how to file a bug report or ask for support. Please start a new topic in the Forge support forums if you are having trouble trying to launch it
stckrboy wrote:
Homie Ruby wrote:
Word to this wise, this is not how to file a bug report or ask for support. Please start a new topic in the Forge support forums if you are having trouble trying to launch it
support here is bad hell bungie had better support
When I open either the Halo app or the Halo 5 Force app (tried both ways) I just get "Something Went Wrong" with a link to this forum. Not even a visible error code. Not sure what I'm supposed to troubleshoot with. I just installed Anniv update and also updated the Store app and the Halo apps. Kind of stuck...and I'm a (non-game) software developer so I am not often stuck.
Not sure if this is a glitch or on purpose. But in the off chance it is a bug.

I have both Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike on my PC. But cant start them using the application. It just has the "Buy now" buttons.

As said not sure if this is intentional or a glitch. So if someone wants to test this to ensure it isnt just me experiencing this. And/or if the forum team confirms either or if it is intentional or not.

It isnt a major problem though as the games still work. :)
CIA391 wrote:

I have both Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike on my PC. But cant start them using the application. It just has the "Buy now" buttons.

As said not sure if this is intentional or a glitch. So if someone wants to test this to ensure it isnt just me experiencing this. And/or if the forum team confirms either or if it is intentional or not.

I was going to post this, having the same issue.
It's rare to happen, but it still does happen. I get this issue where I'll start a match of firefight and when I try to use the req station or even when I'm dead I still can't use the req station. I also cannot use the req store or see my collection after a match ends. But when I quit Halo 5 and then restart it, it's fine
graemesad wrote:
It's rare to happen, but it still does happen. I get this issue where I'll start a match of firefight and when I try to use the req station or even when I'm dead I still can't use the req station. I also cannot use the req store or see my collection after a match ends. But when I quit Halo 5 and then restart it, it's fine
You'll want to post over in the Halo 5 Support Forums: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics
When I open either the Halo app or the Halo 5 Force app (tried both ways) I just get "Something Went Wrong" with a link to this forum. Not even a visible error code. Not sure what I'm supposed to troubleshoot with. I just installed Anniv update and also updated the Store app and the Halo apps. Kind of stuck...and I'm a (non-game) software developer so I am not often stuck.
I'm having the same issue. Tried uninstalling and then installing again, but to no avail. I also tried rebooting, no luck...
I get the same error. Is there a fix yet for this?
The app loads briefly and then crashes completely. I've installed all the new updates, and I'm currently enrolled in the Slow ring of the Windows Insider program. Anyone else having problems with the Halo app crashing like this? The app worked perfect for me on the day of it's launch, but subsequent updates render the same result: crashing.
fofo808 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:

Just an update folks. This glitch was fixed in the apps last update.
CIA391 wrote:
fofo808 wrote:
CIA391 wrote:

Just an update folks. This glitch was fixed in the apps last update.
Yeah I just saw that, good thing too.
stckrboy wrote:
Homie Ruby wrote:
Cannot sign in on the app or in forge. Dialog window pops up, with my gamertag already signed in, but when I hit lets play nothing happens. Tried just about everything I can think of, just doesn't want to recognise me as logged in.
is there an app for smartphnoes?
Halo 5 update glitching on me hard. Check my last update for examples. Help please. I tried hard restarts, even reinstalled the whole bloody thing. XB1s, playing from clean disc, no problems. with any other games.
When is the next update
I can't check my messages on the app on my phone.
I can send them directly to a friend, but it won't let me see all my messages.

Using an Android phone.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2