Forums / Games / Halo: Spartan Strike

Spartan on Strike

OP Zappy180

Pun Intended.

I have just purchased Spartan Strike on my Windows 10 laptop. Headed straight into the first mission, and I can't get the Spartan to move. I can move the cursor around and click so he updates where he's facing - but as for actually moving, nothing.

I thought maybe it was my own fault for skipping the tutorial, so I entered that, and I still can't get him to move. Checked the controls - I'm definitely pressing WASD to move, and nothing.

I've noticed when it says "Press spacebar or click left mouse button to continue" at the start of the mission - pressing spacebar doesn't actually do anything.

Is this a known issue where it seemingly won't pick up keyboard inputs, or am I just missing something here?

Also - could I just plug in my 360 controller and use that instead?
Your laptop wants you not to play this game.
Funny, my laptop wants me not to play this game either due to keyboard silent, while Spartan Assault worked just right.
Zappy180 wrote:
That should work.
Jestzer wrote:
Zappy180 wrote:
That should work.
The game was roughly 2.5€ but this way it will be 50€. Besides, I have very few games that are better off with controller instead of mouse and keyboard. For the third time, the game seems bugged due to this known issue so I guess a quick negative review is soon to be up on Microsoft Store, wohoho!
Jestzer wrote:
Zappy180 wrote:
That should work.
The game was roughly 2.5€ but this way it will be 50€. Besides, I have very few games that are better off with controller instead of mouse and keyboard. For the third time, the game seems bugged due to this known issue so I guess a quick negative review is soon to be up on Microsoft Store, wohoho!
Try posting the negative review elsewhere where it will get more attention. You'll have better luck on anything other than the Microsoft store.
Does not matter really, what matters is that I save my time on this one.

EDIT:

Actually my experience with the Microsoft Store is quite good. Yes, one could seriously criticize the curation of contents, nonetheless the clockwork mechanism seems to work and minding the reviews on part of developer always depends on the developer. Some of them pay attention, some sparsely. Most developers I have seen actually even responded to some reviews, newer and older, meaning they do monitor stuff or Microsoft Store does at least notify them when a review comes up, since manual searching through all the languages categories separately would be quite unhandy, while the responsivity of certain devs is upbuilding.
Browsed the Internet for solutions, someone somewhere mentioned something about USB keyboard. Plugged in a borrowed USB keyboard to my laptop and the game started responding to both the laptop keyboard and the USB keyboard, but only while the USB keyboard was in. Once the USB keyboard was removed - as I thought it could have been the case of drivers - unfortunately the game returned to deaf mode. Cheapest USB keyboard is far more economically accessible than a controller, as well as more handy to those used to keyboard and mouse sets, unless proven the game plays far better with a controller. Besides, it is unnecessary to use the external keyboard, it is only required that it is plugged in. So maybe I will give the game a shot eventually, if I get myself some hardware of that kind, nonetheless the negative review stays, because it is simply awkward the Microsoft screwed up something they did right almost a while before with a title of exactly the same design.
Being a cheap -Yoink- gamer™ [come on, this is a formal group name, you do not censor that], I borrowed some semifunctional USB keyboard just to plug it in when I want to play SpartanStrike, so that the game - due to that - recognized the fully functional native laptop keyset. Fortunantely the mouse pointer is read by the game without trouble.

Microsoft, I congratulate you on that technical failure you have made with SpartanStrike, it does take some talent I imagine.