Forums / Games / Halo: Spartan Strike

[Locked] Spartan Strike possibly not canon

OP GuitarHeroAero

As we can see in the first part of the IGN gameplay commentary, we are controlling a Spartan-IV in the New Mombasa Battle of 2552. Wait...a Spartan-IV?! Wasn't the IV program launched in 2553, immediately after the Human-Covenant War? Unless they're using the whole "simulation" part as a crutch like they did in Spartan Assault and acknowledge the Spartan-IV somehow, then Halo: Spartan Strike is not canon :/
As we can see in the first part of the IGN gameplay commentary, we are controlling a Spartan-IV in the New Mombasa Battle of 2552. Wait...a Spartan-IV?! Wasn't the IV program launched in 2553, immediately after the Human-Covenant War? Unless they're using the whole "simulation" part as a crutch like they did in Spartan Assault and acknowledge the Spartan-IV somehow, then Halo: Spartan Strike is not canon :/
They are going through simulated battles that were fought by marines and ODST. The footage on youtube has Roland specifically saying that the Spartans will be simulating battle environments from different time periods during the human covenant war.
This has been explained already. Essentially, the S-IV is just a simulation "skin"applied to replace an entire ODST squad by Roland.
Non-canonical element applied to canonical events.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I dont think its canon, I mean, the unsc knew of prometheans before and it was classified? I just find it hard to believe that this is canon. I may be missing some kind of detail since I never really involved my self into spartan assault or strike and what its story is, but it seems ridiculous to be canon
Its cannon. You are in a simulation spanding through halo 2 to halo 4 events.
I dont think its canon, I mean, the unsc knew of prometheans before and it was classified? I just find it hard to believe that this is canon. I may be missing some kind of detail since I never really involved my self into spartan assault or strike and what its story is, but it seems ridiculous to be canon
No. Spartan Strike starts in Halo 2 fighting only Covenant. Then, it goes to 2557 and you fight Prometheans.
It is 100% canon. Spartan Strike is just like the War Games in Halo 4 except now the UNSC has been able to simulate the enemies that you face throughout the Halo series. To the Spartan it gives a more realistic sense of what it'll be like on the battlefield until a Spartan facing a Promethean is different than a Spartan facing a Spartan.

No. Spartan Strike starts in Halo 2 fighting only Covenant. Then, it goes to 2557 and you fight Prometheans.
But why would you be a Spartan-IV? the IV's were created after the human-Covenant war.

But why would you be a Spartan-IV? the IV's were created after the human-Covenant war.
Read the post above you or the whole small thread here, he explains it. The whole thing is a simulation including Spartan Assault, it's just always of past events so Spartan 4's are ready and not surprised when the real enemy comes up. The simulation technology and what happened previously is real in the Halo universe.
I doubt they are canon because of the teleport armor ability which has never been in any of the other games.
I doubt they are canon because of the teleport armor ability which has never been in any of the other games.
Please don't revive old topics, thanks, especially ones that are nearly 3 years old