will there be another?

OP TriedCrowd418

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I really like spartan strike, and I was wondering if there will ever be a third spartan game. if there will be, will we be getting any form of customization, at least color customization or load out customization? would there be a firefight mode or multiplayer co-op mode (if it available for the xbox one) ?
also, NO PROMETHEAN SOLDIERS
I'd love another Spartan game. Also, ain't nothing wrong with the Prometheans.
I'd love another Spartan game. Also, ain't nothing wrong with the Prometheans.
yes while there is not much wrong with the knights, crawlers, and watchers. The Soldiers are the problem they are too much like the elites but they can teleport and there are always way too many of them on the battlefield at one time
Hi !
Im french so i speak just a little english XD. But i can maybe answer...The dev of spartan assault and strike was Vanguard entertainement. Since 2016 this studio stop the creation of little arcade games. Now, they excusivel developing VR and AR expériences. Here the website : http://www.vanguardgames.net/
For have another spartan games microsoft must find another studio but i think it's hard^^
Me too i'd love another spartan game because these games was awesome :D (The gameplay and the music :p). But i don't think that it will happens.
I hope that you can read me ^^

Bye bye !
If the Soldiers are "too much like Elites" but they teleport around, then they're not too similar to Elites, are they? I mean, past that the similarities are: they've got legs, the shoot at you, they're about the same size, etc...
If the Soldiers are "too much like Elites" but they teleport around, then they're not too similar to Elites, are they? I mean, past that the similarities are: they've got legs, the shoot at you, they're about the same size, etc...
then how are they different from elites? I may be a little bias but it is really obvious that they are only in the game to serve as the forerunner equivalent for elites. on another note, with both in the game, both Elites and Soldiers on the battlefield they're just downgraded to simple canon fodder. where as when there were no soldiers (CE- Halo 4), fighting the elites was actually fun, it actually felt like the player was up against the best of the covenant. however, because soldiers are held at the same level as the elites and because the majority of enemies you fight in 5 are Soldiers (seriously, there are more soldiers than the grunts in 5), the elites no longer feel special to fight, now its like fighting grunts and crawlers. now do see what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying halo 5 is a bad game, don't get me wrong, its a decent game, just not one of the best Halo's.
I tried to condense it into just a few sentences, not how long I expected that to be
Kinemara wrote:
Hi !
Im french so i speak just a little english XD. But i can maybe answer...The dev of spartan assault and strike was Vanguard entertainement. Since 2016 this studio stop the creation of little arcade games. Now, they excusivel developing VR and AR expériences. Here the website : http://www.vanguardgames.net/
For have another spartan games microsoft must find another studio but i think it's hard^^
Me too i'd love another spartan game because these games was awesome :D (The gameplay and the music :p). But i don't think that it will happens.
I hope that you can read me ^^

Bye bye !
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" -Darth Vader (Starwars: episode III: Revenge of the Sith)
then how are they different from elites?
Canonically? Quite different, obviously. In regards to gameplay? Soldiers teleport, have armor but no shields, and occupy a primarily marksman role (though Soldier Officers fill artillery roles).

Quote:
on another note, with both in the game, both Elites and Soldiers on the battlefield they're just downgraded to simple canon fodder.
No, Grunts, Jackals and Crawlers still retain the lowest rank of "canon fodder". Elites and Soldiers fill the roles of "footsoldier". Also with the conclusion of the Sangheili Civil War, I doubt we'll be fighting very many Elites on the field. Alliances have shifted significantly to where the Sangheili are no longer main-line enemies of the UNSC, and with Halo 5 and the next Halo game, the Created (and subsequently Soldiers) will likely be the main enemy that we face.
then how are they different from elites?
Canonically? Quite different, obviously. In regards to gameplay? Soldiers teleport, have armor but no shields, and occupy a primarily marksman role (though Soldier Officers fill artillery roles).

Quote:
on another note, with both in the game, both Elites and Soldiers on the battlefield they're just downgraded to simple canon fodder.
No, Grunts, Jackals and Crawlers still retain the lowest rank of "canon fodder". Elites and Soldiers fill the roles of "footsoldier". Also with the conclusion of the Sangheili Civil War, I doubt we'll be fighting very many Elites on the field. Alliances have shifted significantly to where the Sangheili are no longer main-line enemies of the UNSC, and with Halo 5 and the next Halo game, the Created (and subsequently Soldiers) will likely be the main enemy that we face.
that is a good point, didn't factor in the civil war
if they were to do another, and if there were promethium soldiers in it, then they would really need to cut down how many there are on the field at one time. seriously, Halo 5 firefight, map: urban, round three always lags because there are so many crawlers and soldiers spawning in
Well, that's somewhat the point of Warzone Firefight - a lot of enemies.

So far as the lore is concerned, Soldiers made for better footsoldiers than Knights in that they were purely run by AI, rather than composed essence. So they can literally be cranked out as needed. Given the events of Halo 5, we're likely to see more of them (possibly with Knights as supporting roles, though their numbers may be dwindling significantly), and possibly even see some Soldiers who embody known AI like Sloan.
Well, that's somewhat the point of Warzone Firefight - a lot of enemies.

So far as the lore is concerned, Soldiers made for better footsoldiers than Knights in that they were purely run by AI, rather than composed essence. So they can literally be cranked out as needed. Given the events of Halo 5, we're likely to see more of them (possibly with Knights as supporting roles, though their numbers may be dwindling significantly), and possibly even see some Soldiers who embody known AI like Sloan.
now the soldiers embodying known AI would be interesting and would give them more lively feel. wait, aren't they already controlled by an AI (Warden eternal)? he's still alive.
well not the knights, they don't use AI because of Mendicant Bias, instead they use they use the life energy space magic of people who were composed. but I think the soldiers are controlled by the warden eternal AI, right. kind of like that flood juggernaut that was cut from Halo 2 that acted as a mini gravemind and mobile control center. Warden Eternal would be the juggernaut. then that would mean that Cortana would be equivalent to the Gravemind... just went deeper down the rabbit whole than I intended to.
They're directed by Cortana, but they have simple AI of their own. So far as I know, the Warden doesn't control them as a Promethean controls Knights.

The Forerunners weren't adverse to using AI (or as they call them ancilla), that was the Covenant.
They're directed by Cortana, but they have simple AI of their own. So far as I know, the Warden doesn't control them as a Promethean controls Knights.

The Forerunners weren't adverse to using AI (or as they call them ancilla), that was the Covenant.
I know that the forerunners did use ancilla, they just minimized their usage after the Mendicant Bias incident. but isn't Warden Eternal an ancilla,and I thought that he is responsible for the command of the soldiers.

and the covenant are just like "we're to good for AI, cause we're the Covenant wort wort wort" just a bunch of sangheili and san'shyum being snooty (I know thats not actually the reason, but its funny)
I mean, Mendicant Bias is really towards the end of their reign. Offensive Bias was the last Contender-Class AI made, and after that the Forerunners were gone. Before that, the Soldiers were utilized during the Human-Forerunner war, and then again during the Forerunner-Flood war.

The Warden... It's still quite unclear just what he is. I don't think he's an ancilla, though.
I mean, Mendicant Bias is really towards the end of their reign. Offensive Bias was the last Contender-Class AI made, and after that the Forerunners were gone. Before that, the Soldiers were utilized during the Human-Forerunner war, and then again during the Forerunner-Flood war.

The Warden... It's still quite unclear just what he is. I don't think he's an ancilla, though.
he's definitely not from a composed individual, he would not have any control over himself, or the ability to speak
Would be great, but I do understand if they choose to forfeit the formula, being busy with major productions. But I think there is nothing wrong with a topdown shooter done right, like SpartanAssault, which in turn cannot be said about the sequel, the SpartanStrike, which looks rushed, bleak and very economically designed compared to the predecessor, not to mention the technical errors of SpartanStrike, making it also feel less solid.

What I loved about SpartanAssault are the beautiful level designs, especially the frostworlds with reflective ground.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4