1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Continuation, split due to post length limit:

Couple of new points to add to the discussion. First, five grenades limit implemented in the Strike - allowing for the maximum of ten grenades alltogether - is a sensible change compared to the nine grenades per slot available in the Assault, matching better the reasonable two firearms cap. Second, Needler pistol has been significantly weakened in the Strike, as in the Assault to my experience it is the most efficient pistol class weapon, which is just something I thought was different than in the Assault, having forced me to alter choices at times in the Strike. Third, Jackals in the Strike are immune to grenade blasts affecting them from either the front or the sides if they carry an active shield, resulting only in shield down, which is absolutely emmaddening, having greatly spoiled my joy of playing the Strike, in particular the "kill X Jackalas with plasma grenades" achievement becoming a true chore.

About the microtransactions, industry is a bussiness and bussiness will seek ways to make profit. Players can shout as much as they want but they will get milked occasionally, they will also pay for the games if they want to play. I am realistic about it. Microtransactions are fine as long as these are kept separate from competetive systems, also if they are entirely optional. Just let me legitimately play the game without being forced to hidden costs once I already paid for the title. EA does great things and the rage against it is temporal, people will play their titles because these are good games. Although I agree if EA brought something out of reasonable boundaries, they should be adequately evaluated for the misdoing, hopefully giving them a proper perspective for any near future endeavours.

Last but not least, did you notice how in the Halo Waypoint the GASO or "higher than gold" mark can only be earned for special completion of the Assault, but not for the Strike? To myself, this is simply because the Assault is a more difficult and better balanced game, also a more seriously considered project, as well as because it is a more important release from the franchise perspective alltogether. But primarily, probably because the Assault is more difficult and better balanced. Less elements are easier to handle when determining the difficulty and possible ways out.

For the recycled levels in the Strike, just take New Mombasa, an early chapter of the game. Most of the urban scenarios employ running back and forth around the city, without too much hassle about being original with level design on part of developers. What is bleak in particular are the backgrounds in stages involving elevated island grounds, next to lack of detail of these backgrounds, which shines in the urban environments.

About the inconsistent vehicle controls, there is definitely another way for Ghost, Kestrel and Wraith and another for Scorpion, Grizzly and Warthog. Which would mean the wheeled vessels steer differently to hover ones, albeit it still is some nuisance. The difference between the mindsets of these controls is too significant for such a game terms.
wow, each quote is getting longer and longer
If we know enough, we will maybe collapse the system with the amount of information and meaning contained within a single post, perhaps drain out the capacities of the universe for processing power, causing it to turn and shrink.

To connect with the topic, reassuming, I liked the otherwise quite plain SpartanAssault for the impressive level design, alongside convincing visual frame and very good technical execution, bringing all the major Halo gameplay elements interpreted in the right order. That is also why I was disappointed with Strike as it came after and although more abundant in stuff, it failed in some places which were crucial to my reception of the Assault. Besides, I was already satiated.

I would forget, what I also liked about both the games is that they are open with being a clean lie about the actual validity of what is going on in their plots, without pretending. Many people criticized both the Strike and the Assault for that they miss out on real emotions and immersion, which is true that they do feel a bit off and cold, especially the Assault, nonetheless I did get over this simply enjoying the level design and technical excellence of gameplay.

"Ouch... what the hell? - Unknown UNSC Marine
If we know enough, we will maybe collapse the system with the amount of information and meaning contained within a single post, perhaps drain out the capacities of the universe for processing power, causing it to turn and shrink.

To connect with the topic, reassuming, I liked the otherwise quite plain SpartanAssault for the impressive level design, alongside convincing visual frame and very good technical execution, bringing all the major Halo gameplay elements interpreted in the right order. That is also why I was disappointed with Strike as it came after and although more abundant in stuff, it failed in some places which were crucial to my reception of the Assault. Besides, I was already satiated.

I would forget, what I also liked about both the games is that they are open with being a clean lie about the actual validity of what is going on in their plots, without pretending. Many people criticized both the Strike and the Assault for that they miss out on real emotions and immersion, which is true that they do feel a bit off and cold, especially the Assault, nonetheless I did get over this simply enjoying the level design and technical excellence of gameplay.

"Ouch... what the hell? - Unknown UNSC Marine
I'll keep mine short so the universe doesn't implode. I loved spartan strike's level design, it felt nostalgic in a way. however, both could have implemented more features that could have made both more memorable.

I also prefer strike because, as I said before, you play as the same spartan for the continuation of the game. I like that assault introduced Spartan Davis to the games, but why bother when you barely get an opportunity to play as him. why doesn't any one address this, it was my main grievance with assault. it would have been much better in my opinion if we played as any one spartan (doesn't even need to be named) through out the game.
If you're okay with the Plasma Repeater doubling the Assault Rifle (which is in Spartan Assault) then what's your issue with it in Spartan Strike? Posing this as a negative for one game but perfectly okay for another completely dismantles your position.

You are also incorrect in that the purchased weapons and power-ups (Sniper Rifle, Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher, Overshield, Seeker Drone, Airstrike) are for the very most part unobtainable in the campaign. There is only one mission that I remember the weapons being made available, and that's Mission E6. I really don't see what you're arguing with this point, or how it's a negative function of Spartan Strike.

Your points on the armor abilities are also flawed. Sprint does not mirror Teleport in that it doesn't render you invulnerable. Teleporting does. Also, considering Sprint in Spartan Assault, both games have ten abilities.

Regarding the Needler, there are only three changes from Spartan Assault to Strike.
  • Ammo capacity reduced considerably from 200 to 76.
  • Super-combine increased from 7 to 8 rounds.
  • Needler's maximum travel range increased.
The only thing that would reduce it's damage would be the number of rounds needed to super-combine, and that only increases by one. This is not the gun being "significantly weakened".

As for the grenades, I just tested this and you're plainly wrong. I killed a Jackal with raised shield using a grenade thrown at his shield.

Regarding the scoring system, I honestly view this as a non-issue. When you get nothing for completing the game past gold stars, it doesn't make it a must-have feature. Spartan Strike as a game survives and does quite well without the need for "GASO".

Concerning your criticisms that New Mombasa "recycles" areas, this is plainly false. No area is repeated, and in fact you can see where each area differs in the Operations menu. You progress through the city, never visiting the same area twice.

So far as the vehicle controls, you're not making much sense there.
@TriedCrowd418, as we already mentioned couple of times, plotwise Assault is a mess but at least it tries and gives a sophisticated outlook, which cannot even be said about Strike, which in turn with the relaxed attitude it embraces, accidentally does it right that it employes only one protagonist and keeps things simple.

Both the games, for sure, could have been more educative when it comes to the Halo lore, more memorable, longer, but they were apparently not considered anything crucial or seriously worth a damn by the executives, which is probably the reason why they were perceived in a similar fashion by the XBOX community.

@The Ragin Pagan, I think we will best get to end this discussion, the conclusions should be clear, apart from the thing that statistically speaking the Strike stole the heart of the audience if we can tell any of the two games in general terms scored a success big enough to convince any executive that another installment of similar sort in the near future is a path wort pursuing.

Besides, I find it peculiar how our hard data on various parts of the Strike differ. It is either a manner of nuance and lack of a bit of good will in interpretation or are there such significant differences between the XBOX and PC versions of the game?

On a footnote, it came to me what the Grenade Launcher in the Strike double-classes, as it double-classes the Bruteshot. Hard to tell how the Grenade Launcher is classified but I believe the Bruteshot is classified as a rifle, which is yet another to-be-trivia.
@TriedCrowd418, as we already mentioned couple of times, plotwise Assault is a mess but at least it tries and gives a sophisticated outlook, which cannot even be said about Strike, which in turn with the relaxed attitude it embraces, accidentally does it right that it employes only one protagonist and keeps things simple.

Both the games, for sure, could have been more educative when it comes to the Halo lore, more memorable, longer, but they were apparently not considered anything crucial or seriously worth a damn by the executives, which is probably the reason why they were perceived in a similar fashion by the XBOX community.

@The Ragin Pagan, I think we will best get to end this discussion, the conclusions should be clear, apart from the thing that statistically speaking the Strike stole the heart of the audience if we can tell any of the two games in general terms scored a success big enough to convince any executive that another installment of similar sort in the near future is a path wort pursuing.

Besides, I find it peculiar how our hard data on various parts of the Strike differ. It is either a manner of nuance and lack of a bit of good will in interpretation or are there such significant differences between the XBOX and PC versions of the game?

On a footnote, it came to me what the Grenade Launcher in the Strike double-classes, as it double-classes the Bruteshot. Hard to tell how the Grenade Launcher is classified but I believe the Bruteshot is classified as a rifle, which is yet another to-be-trivia.
so true
plotwise Assault is a mess but at least it tries and gives a sophisticated outlook, which cannot even be said about Strike, which in turn with the relaxed attitude it embraces, accidentally does it right that it employes only one protagonist and keeps things simple.
Spartan Assault's plot wasn't that bad at all. I won't post it all here, but Halopedia has the plot of Spartan Assault nicely summarized. The use of both Spartans Sarah Palmer and Edward Davis is no more convoluted than playing as John-117 and Thel 'Vadamee in Halo 2. Less so, in that Spartans Palmer and Davis were on the same location.

The plot of Spartan Strike is marginally more confusing in that it covers a longer span of time. However through cutscenes, mission briefings, and in-game dialogue it's made clear what's going on. It first begins in New Mombasa, 2552, as we play through the role of an ODST squad sent to retrieve a Forerunner conduit. In 2557, the conduit re-emerges on Gamma Halo, and a Spartan Headhunter was sent to investigate. When Jul's Covenant tried using the conduit, portals were opened all over the galaxy, leading to an invasion of New Phoneix, Arizona, which the Headhunter helped fight against and stop.

These games are primarily mobile games. If you're looking for deep wealths of lore, you're going to be dissapointed. However, even for being mobile games, they have a lot of worth as Halo games, and offer a good portion of contribution to the Halo Universe.

Quote:
I find it peculiar how our hard data on various parts of the Strike differ. It is either a manner of nuance and lack of a bit of good will in interpretation or are there such significant differences between the XBOX and PC versions of the game?
There is no Xbox version of the game. Nor are there any differences between the PC and Mobile versions of the game. A lot of what you've seemed to give isn't so much "hard data" as it is opinions, and what hard data you have given I've been able to refute as not the case (e.g. Jackal shields blocking grenades).
plotwise Assault is a mess but at least it tries and gives a sophisticated outlook, which cannot even be said about Strike, which in turn with the relaxed attitude it embraces, accidentally does it right that it employes only one protagonist and keeps things simple.
Spartan Assault's plot wasn't that bad at all. I won't post it all here, but Halopedia has the plot of Spartan Assault nicely summarized. The use of both Spartans Sarah Palmer and Edward Davis is no more convoluted than playing as John-117 and Thel 'Vadamee in Halo 2. Less so, in that Spartans Palmer and Davis were on the same location.
It does tell a bit if I have to turn to Wikipedia to basically get the frameful picture of what I have been digging through personal experience. Maybe I am just incompetent intellectually to comprehend the material but hey, whom is this game addressed towards and what is the meaningful load of the deliverance it tries to make? But to be honest, I have never been good at following stories in terms of what particular events do they feature. I always focus instead on the grand themes and with the notion of myself being entirely puzzled about what does the SpartanAssault tries to put forth, I assume there is either lack of any major plot theme in it or that the deep plot theme is too meagre to be distinguished.

(...)
These games are primarily mobile games. If you're looking for deep wealths of lore, you're going to be dissapointed. However, even for being mobile games, they have a lot of worth as Halo games, and offer a good portion of contribution to the Halo Universe.
What makes you think any genuine production, that is a production done with care and proper effort investment, does deserve to be consireded unworthy of presenting anything of valuable contents, also in terms of lore? If there is a word to be said, every vessel is a good carrier, every opportunity a proper moment. If there is naught to be said, well.

(...)
There is no Xbox version of the game. Nor are there any differences between the PC and Mobile versions of the game. A lot of what you've seemed to give isn't so much "hard data" as it is opinions, and what hard data you have given I've been able to refute as not the case (e.g. Jackal shields blocking grenades).
This, as well as the statement brought below you put somewhere earlier in this discussion, indicate you consider yourself having the right to express by rule a better opinion or have an advantage to be taken as a more valid source of worldview, therefore I would kindly ask you to make an effort of constructive interpretation, in the worst instance trying to find out what ways could have stimulated your disputant to reach the conclusions presented, since in case you ever accidentally hold charge of developing or managing the execution of a digital game, the type of self righteous clerical mindset you express currently will get you compromised in a very short time.

When it comes to Jackals, I am absolutely positive about their modified features, I just remember how much of a chore the plasma grenades challenge was; similar with sniper rifle versus the Jackals, especially between the Assault and the Strike.

"To the notion of "there's no reason to make one mute about expression a thought", we can do without this; you are free to express your opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion won't be demonstrably wrong, nor does it hinder others from pointing out just how it is wrong." - The Ragin Pagan
I have officially lost track of this conversation
It does tell a bit if I have to turn to Wikipedia to basically get the frameful picture of what I have been digging through personal experience.
Halopedia, and I posted the articles as a summary. In short, the Battle of Draetheus V. Merg Vol assaulted the planet and it's moon, X50, during 2554, and Spartans Palmer and Davis led defenses against that assault. It was believed that Research Facility Alpha, located on the moon, was the primary target, and so the Spartans worked to defend the facility through destroying Covenant artilery positions and utilizing Wolverines for anti-air defense.

As the Covenant took the moon, Palmer left to warn the planet - due to magnetic interferance from the planet, they had no knowledge of the attack on their moon. She aided in defense of Faraday Base as the Covenant made landfall. It was then made clear that X50 wasn't a true moon, but a Forerunner facility designed to destroy and construct planets. Having activated it, Merg Vol began destroying Dratheus V. Spartan Palmer then lead evacuation attempts as the planet began to destabilize.

On X50, Davis and an ODST squad defended technicians as they attempt to disable the Forerunner structure; an effort that would result in Davis being overrun and killed by the Covenant. Palmer, having landed back on the moon with evacuees, then hunted down and assassinated Merg Vol to end the assault and allow for safe evacuation of the planet's orbit.

After the battle the UNSC detected a signal coming from X50, and Palmer returned. Covenant forces still camped out on the Forerunner structure, and it was discovered that the signal was the imprinted essence of Spartan Davis, housed within a Forerunner Durance - the same devices that house composed matrixes for Promethean Knights.

The plot follows, and is solid. You yourself go on to admit that you've never been good at following stories, so I would truly measure if it's the stories and plots of the games that are problematic, or some other issue that's causing difficulty. The grand theme (as you say this is always your focus) of Spartan Assault is thus: In 2554 New Covenant forces attack Draetheus V and it's moon, X50; the latter of which is a Forerunner Miner facility, and which Merg Vol uses to destroy Draetheus V and decimate UNSC forces in the area before his assassination by Spartan Sarah Palmer.

What makes you think any genuine production, that is a production done with care and proper effort investment, does deserve to be consireded unworthy of presenting anything of valuable contents, also in terms of lore?
I argue that both Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike do present contributions to the lore. My point is that they're small games - Assault is 1.22 GB (2.4 on Xbox One) and Strike is 820 MB. With a mobile platform, there is a limit to the content that you're going to be able to get. We won't see six-hour campaigns, or massive cutscenes with full voice acting and the like.

Yet the additions of the Spartan series are there. Even Spartan Strike, from which we know that New Phoneix wasn't abandoned after the Composer incident, and was assaulted by Promethean forces through use of a slipspace conduit.

Quote:
This, as well as the statement brought below you put somewhere earlier in this discussion, indicate you consider yourself having the right to express by rule a better opinion ... the type of self righteous clerical mindset you express currently will get you compromised in a very short time.
Oh stop. I'm presenting facts of the games to contradict accusations of flaws that you've made. If they're proving your claims false, then you ought re-think your claims. Regarding the Jackals, it wasn't easy but I recorded a Jackal being taken out by grenades. The top Jackal is taken out by the blast from it's side, but the bottom Jackal is hit directly on it's shield.
@The Ragin Pagan, very neat compilation of the story, thanks! But there is just a noise of too many little historical caliber things in it, without any serious metaphysical themes around, like what absolutely got me in the Halo lore, which is the Flood, the Mantle of Responsibility, the Test of Humanity, something to magnetize our souls with. I always thought I am a musical type of character, not that it has to do anything with playing a musical instrument or singing. But when it comes to the Forerunners, I get them like, dudes, get the hell out of the picture because you are distorting the view upon the Precursors and the transsentience of the universe, though yeah, I guess we need some fallen knights in the shining armours to wipe our SS with. Sorry for that but I know it does sound. You hear me? The Covenant is something I could forget was ever present in the Halo and I would do that way. Funny collective of elves and not even that, too little of a lie, just a weird circus. But I like the Elites with how they form a formidable foe in the SpartanAssault. So I guess they do as a grey mass type of filler. Vehicle design of Covenant is also allright but I have a sense I have seen these patterns somewhere already, in another franchise. But I also dislike really the Spartans and the UNSC. Bunch of tightasses, overemotional robots and pretty boy captains pretending they are Warhammer40K badass superhumans when pumping might in a TacSim. There is just something off and unlike in the way the human military is presented in the Halo franchise to my taste.

Assault is 1.22 GB (2.4 on Xbox One) and Strike is 820 MB.
You said that. If it matters anyhow, really. If there is deliverance to be made, there is always a way. Old games managed to sink people in while running on floppy disquettes. If the game only answers to the acceptable standards of the corresponding age, it has a lot to prove as a piece of fiction. The form should simply appeal enough to the contemporary audience, but the form should not outshine the contents, neither should it hinder the reception of the contents, aiming for adequacy.

Oh stop. I'm presenting facts of the games to contradict accusations of flaws that you've made. If they're proving your claims false, then you ought re-think your claims. Regarding the Jackals, it wasn't easy but I recorded a Jackal being taken out by grenades. The top Jackal is taken out by the blast from it's side, but the bottom Jackal is hit directly on it's shield.
Second Jackal? To me it looks pretty much like a near direct hit on the one I see, but yeah, he is being blown away from the flank. Try to place a plasma grenade yet in front of a shielded Jackal, still within a blast radius. See what happens. Regarding the flanks, maybe they are indeed weaker than I have remembered. But what about the sniper rifle? What I loved though is how the Promethean Watchers in the Strike would intercept a greande cast at them and throw it back, pure mastery.

About the rifle spree system, I can understand that a lot of effective guns belong to the rifle category, even though by name not being rifles nor fulfilling the term of long range non-explosive precision fire, as from the gameplay perspective it simply means the player can use a lot of guns in case the protagonist runs out of ammo and wants to go on scoring succesfully, picking up something else along the way. This way if every third weapon belonged to different class, that would spoil a good spree continuity. That is also probably why melee kills do not have own spree system but technically speaking always count in to the ongoing gun spree, presenting melee as a secondary of importance and occasional at best type of attack - well, yeah, there are no dedicated melee weapons in the game for the use of protagonist - but meleeing an opponent to death without any ongoing spree is quite a waste of potential bonus points that would otherwise apply if such a spree has been on. That also places guns as the primary solution to begin with. But at least one is not forced to keep on melee if to apply it eventually here and there.

Spree is all about the consistency of weapon class use in efficient eliminating of opponents, avoiding to be hit by the enemy forces at the same time. That is why the game should have enlisted somehow what guns belong to what category.
@The Ragin Pagan, very neat compilation of the story, thanks! But there is just a noise of too many little historical caliber things in it, without any serious metaphysical themes around, like what absolutely got me in the Halo lore, which is the Flood, the Mantle of Responsibility, the Test of Humanity, something to magnetize our souls with. I always thought I am a musical type of character, not that it has to do anything with playing a musical instrument or singing. But when it comes to the Forerunners, I get them like, dudes, get the hell out of the picture because you are distorting the view upon the Precursors and the transsentience of the universe, though yeah, I guess we need some fallen knights in the shining armours to wipe our SS with. Sorry for that but I know it does sound. You hear me? The Covenant is something I could forget was ever present in the Halo and I would do that way. Funny collective of elves and not even that, too little of a lie, just a weird circus. But I like the Elites with how they form a formidable foe in the SpartanAssault. So I guess they do as a grey mass type of filler. Vehicle design of Covenant is also allright but I have a sense I have seen these patterns somewhere already, in another franchise. But I also dislike really the Spartans and the UNSC. Bunch of tightasses, overemotional robots and pretty boy captains pretending they are Warhammer40K badass superhumans when pumping might in a TacSim. There is just something off and unlike in the way the human military is presented in the Halo franchise to my taste.

Assault is 1.22 GB (2.4 on Xbox One) and Strike is 820 MB.
You said that. If it matters anyhow, really. If there is deliverance to be made, there is always a way. Old games managed to sink people in while running on floppy disquettes. If the game only answers to the acceptable standards of the corresponding age, it has a lot to prove as a piece of fiction. The form should simply appeal enough to the contemporary audience, but the form should not outshine the contents, neither should it hinder the reception of the contents, aiming for adequacy.

Second Jackal? To me it looks pretty much like a near direct hit on the one I see, but yeah, he is being blown away from the flank. Try to place a plasma grenade yet in front of a shielded Jackal, still within a blast radius. See what happens. Regarding the flanks, maybe they are indeed weaker than I have remembered. But what about the sniper rifle? What I loved though is how the Promethean Watchers in the Strike would intercept a greande cast at them and throw it back, pure mastery.

About the rifle spree system, I can understand that a lot of effective guns belong to the rifle category, even though by name not being rifles nor fulfilling the term of long range non-explosive precision fire, as from the gameplay perspective it simply means the player can use a lot of guns in case the protagonist runs out of ammo and wants to go on scoring succesfully, picking up something else along the way. This way if every third weapon belonged to different class, that would spoil a good spree continuity. That is also probably why melee kills do not have own spree system but technically speaking always count in to the ongoing gun spree, presenting melee as a secondary of importance and occasional at best type of attack - well, yeah, there are no dedicated melee weapons in the game for the use of protagonist - but meleeing an opponent to death without any ongoing spree is quite a waste of potential bonus points that would otherwise apply if such a spree has been on. That also places guns as the primary solution to begin with. But at least one is not forced to keep on melee if to apply it eventually here and there.

Spree is all about the consistency of weapon class use in efficient eliminating of opponents, avoiding to be hit by the enemy forces at the same time. That is why the game should have enlisted somehow what guns belong to what category.
jackals are obnoxious regardless of which game they are in. note to anyone trying to get their point across, jackals never make valid arguments. "oooooh look at me, I'm the most annoying bird alien you've ever seen! when my shield isn't disrupting your perfect kill streak, I'm sniping you from 100000000000000 miles away with such pinpoint accuracy that a Chuck Norris Master Chief would be jealous! Hah! I didn't even see you that time and still hit you. hahahahahah! puny humans!!"
Regarding back the Spartan Strike, what I found annoying also is the overabundance of visual markers such as at-protagonist movement and aiming indicators, next to grenade blast and tank bombardment area impact designators. SpartanAssault, lacking all of those, in comparison to the Strike felt more realistic, if this word could anyhow be applied to both the games. But the interface in the Assault was just more clean due to that. The awareness was to be on part of the player. If the player missed a Wraith artillery strike coming up, it was on the head of the protagonist. Similar with grenades. In the Strike, all this crowd of markers kind of came in the way. In a skillful gameplay, things should happen half blind mode, meaning, I do not have to see a marker telling me the protagonist is moving diagonally up to the right if I press the keys for that movement and I see the character also proceed that way. If someone very much wishes to have these, it should be a switchable option in the main menu.

Another thing in the Strike, a one that perhaps I digged too little to be able to tell precisely now about, but what invokes my doubt is the Watchers resurrecting the Promethean Knights. Namely, if a Watcher resurrects a Knight, is it actually possible to score further for killing that Knight again, in addition to the points gained from killing the same Knight the previous time, allowing in the end for endless grinding? I think it should be clear that when a Watcher manages to resurrect a Knight, the player ought to be given a points penalty equal to the basic worth of a Knight, either simply make a resurrected Knight worth zero points at all. This way fighting resurrected Knights would be only a loss of ammo, without any gain, so the bussiness should be then to avoid Watchers resurrecting the Knights, which is apparently the way it is supposed to be according to basic common sense.

About Plasma Repeater doubling the Assault Rifle - at least more or less - this could be a slippery thing but I would allow some exceptions to the rule of uniqueness, especially when it comes to ground basic solutions. Mind that neither Plasma Gun nor Needler are any repetitive to the Magnum or one another, despite them being all representatives of the pistols class. The same with Focus Rifle - that to my estimation should have significantly bigger ammo capacity - and the Battle Rifle. On the other hand, examples such as Shotgun and Scattershot, Grenade Launcher and Bruteshot, Sniper Rifle and Binary Rifle, Missle Launcher and Incinerator Cannon, are very much doubling the way their counterparts work. But I am also for more compromised quantity of items available in the game, taken as an exchange for improved quality, ideally speaking. Since the directly competetive mode is not the point in any of the "Spartan Bundle" games, symmetry of opposing solutions or comparable efficiency of tool outcomes between the parties is also not necessary. Actually, diversity - true to the nature of each side of the battle - should be more of a key here.
Regarding back the Spartan Strike, what I found annoying also is the overabundance of visual markers such as at-protagonist movement and aiming indicators, next to grenade blast and tank bombardment area impact designators. SpartanAssault, lacking all of those, in comparison to the Strike felt more realistic, if this word could anyhow be applied to both the games. But the interface in the Assault was just more clean due to that. The awareness was to be on part of the player. If the player missed a Wraith artillery strike coming up, it was on the head of the protagonist. Similar with grenades. In the Strike, all this crowd of markers kind of came in the way. In a skillful gameplay, things should happen half blind mode, meaning, I do not have to see a marker telling me the protagonist is moving diagonally up to the right if I press the keys for that movement and I see the character also proceed that way. If someone very much wishes to have these, it should be a switchable option in the main menu.

Another thing in the Strike, a one that perhaps I digged too little to be able to tell precisely now about, but what invokes my doubt is the Watchers resurrecting the Promethean Knights. Namely, if a Watcher resurrects a Knight, is it actually possible to score further for killing that Knight again, in addition to the points gained from killing the same Knight the previous time, allowing in the end for endless grinding? I think it should be clear that when a Watcher manages to resurrect a Knight, the player ought to be given a points penalty equal to the basic worth of a Knight, either simply make a resurrected Knight worth zero points at all. This way fighting resurrected Knights would be only a loss of ammo, without any gain, so the bussiness should be then to avoid Watchers resurrecting the Knights, which is apparently the way it is supposed to be according to basic common sense.

About Plasma Repeater doubling the Assault Rifle - at least more or less - this could be a slippery thing but I would allow some exceptions to the rule of uniqueness, especially when it comes to ground basic solutions. Mind that neither Plasma Gun nor Needler are any repetitive to the Magnum or one another, despite them being all representatives of the pistols class. The same with Focus Rifle - that to my estimation should have significantly bigger ammo capacity - and the Battle Rifle. On the other hand, examples such as Shotgun and Scattershot, Grenade Launcher and Bruteshot, Sniper Rifle and Binary Rifle, Missle Launcher and Incinerator Cannon, are very much doubling the way their counterparts work. But I am also for more compromised quantity of items available in the game, taken as an exchange for improved quality, ideally speaking. Since the directly competetive mode is not the point in any of the "Spartan Bundle" games, symmetry of opposing solutions or comparable efficiency of tool outcomes between the parties is also not necessary. Actually, diversity - true to the nature of each side of the battle - should be more of a key here.
to be honest if they were to be a new game, all I want is just color customization, load out customization, and the inclusion of hunters

both games are awesome
But there is just a noise of too many little historical caliber things in it, without any serious metaphysical themes around, like what absolutely got me in the Halo lore, which is the Flood, the Mantle of Responsibility, the Test of Humanity, something to magnetize our souls with.
You're expecting the moon. A lot of those things are absent in many Halo games and lore installations; does that make them less? Going back to what started this debate, you posed that Spartan Assault was much better than Spartan Strike, the latter of which you said was nothing more than a "mod" of Spartan Assault. The elements here that you expect are absent in Spartan Assault as well; you know this, right? So if you're to criticize Spartan Strike for a lack of "historical weight", then you must also criticize Spartan Assault as well; and this renders your objection to Strike innert.

As for your objections against Forerunner enemies (if I'm reading you correctly), you do realize that we've been fighting Forerunner constructs from the very first game? We still fight Covenant Reformists in Spartan Strike, and the Prometheans are far from "funny little elves" replacing them as an enemy. This seems to have, yet again, gone from complaints on Spartan Strike to Halo as a whole.

Quote:
Old games managed to sink people in while running on floppy disquettes.
And the graphics (as well as gameplay function) were nowhere near what we've come to expect. You criticized (without support) Spartan Strike as "dull and lacking in detail", but now KB-level floppy disc games are a good parallel?

Quote:
Try to place a plasma grenade yet in front of a shielded Jackal, still within a blast radius. See what happens.
Well, there's your problem. Plasma grenades - even in Spartan Assault - have always been weaker than Fragmentation grenades in terms of damage and kill radius. They're most effective when sticking an enemy directly, not throwing it right infront of a shield. I'm certain that if I were to try that in any Halo game, the effects would be the same.

So this argument against Spartan Strike is also innert.

-HUD indicators: You might dislike these, but they're not a factual mark against the game compared to Assault. Some players like them, as they provide a better indication of where you're aiming.

-Knights and Ressurection: I believe, as in Halo 4, Knights can only be ressurrected once.

@TriedCrowd418: I'm not sure how well Hunters would work in a game like these, unless you're in a tank. There's really no way to ensure that you're successfully hitting their weakspots, and they'd be nothing more than massive damage-sponges, worse than Brutes in Halo 2.
But there is just a noise of too many little historical caliber things in it, without any serious metaphysical themes around, like what absolutely got me in the Halo lore, which is the Flood, the Mantle of Responsibility, the Test of Humanity, something to magnetize our souls with.
You're expecting the moon. A lot of those things are absent in many Halo games and lore installations; does that make them less? Going back to what started this debate, you posed that Spartan Assault was much better than Spartan Strike, the latter of which you said was nothing more than a "mod" of Spartan Assault. The elements here that you expect are absent in Spartan Assault as well; you know this, right? So if you're to criticize Spartan Strike for a lack of "historical weight", then you must also criticize Spartan Assault as well; and this renders your objection to Strike innert.

As for your objections against Forerunner enemies (if I'm reading you correctly), you do realize that we've been fighting Forerunner constructs from the very first game? We still fight Covenant Reformists in Spartan Strike, and the Prometheans are far from "funny little elves" replacing them as an enemy. This seems to have, yet again, gone from complaints on Spartan Strike to Halo as a whole.

Quote:
Old games managed to sink people in while running on floppy disquettes.
And the graphics (as well as gameplay function) were nowhere near what we've come to expect. You criticized (without support) Spartan Strike as "dull and lacking in detail", but now KB-level floppy disc games are a good parallel?

Quote:
Try to place a plasma grenade yet in front of a shielded Jackal, still within a blast radius. See what happens.
Well, there's your problem. Plasma grenades - even in Spartan Assault - have always been weaker than Fragmentation grenades in terms of damage and kill radius. They're most effective when sticking an enemy directly, not throwing it right infront of a shield. I'm certain that if I were to try that in any Halo game, the effects would be the same.

So this argument against Spartan Strike is also innert.

-HUD indicators: You might dislike these, but they're not a factual mark against the game compared to Assault. Some players like them, as they provide a better indication of where you're aiming.

-Knights and Ressurection: I believe, as in Halo 4, Knights can only be ressurrected once.

@TriedCrowd418: I'm not sure how well Hunters would work in a game like these, unless you're in a tank. There's really no way to ensure that you're successfully hitting their weakspots, and they'd be nothing more than massive damage-sponges, worse than Brutes in Halo 2.
again with the jackals, guys stop trying to use jackals as a point, jackals are OP in every game
just be glad there are no jackal snipers in Assault or Strike, the thought alone scares me

also about the hunters, it was just an idea, but think of them as more of mini boss battles. unlike the brutes in halo 2, hunters aren't going to be around every corner, you might only see them maybe 2-3 times in the whole game... or...
maybe a halo game where all the enemies are hunters and jackal snipers!
The topic in regards to Jackals was grenades, not really the Jackals themselves.
The topic in regards to Jackals was grenades, not really the Jackals themselves.
still, any argument that even mentions the word jackals is discredited. their shields are very powerful regardless, and the can can block grenades in most of the games (then again, I have horrible luck with grenades)
and seriously no thinks of the awesome concept of replacing all enemies with hunters and jackal snipers?!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5