OP TriedCrowd418

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
still, any argument that even mentions the word jackals is discredited.
No, it's not. An argument isn't discredited just because you don't like the subject matter; in this case, Jackals. Their shields (in the Halo: Spartan series) will also "block" plasma grenades - and as such, they don't take as much damage from them from the front - however due to the game mechanics a frag grenade will explode on contact, unlike in other Halo games where their shields will deflect grenades.

Pursuant to my point, this is a function present in both games, and can't be considered a "bad mark" against Spartan Strike alone.

@GinningSquid712
Quote:
In the Assault, the Jackals were actually pretty well balanced, they were rough to kill at times but they fell to common grenade explosion, frontal tank bombardment analogously, as well as the sniper rifle fire with high penetration value.
I literally just play-tested this. Best place to go was mission C-1; I shot a Jackal with a sniper rifle, and all it took out was his shield. Your post here infers that Jackals are not well balanced in Spartan Strike. In contrast to Jackals in Spartan Assault, (tested on Spartan Strike: B-2) Jackals fall to a single sniper round fired at their front - directly at the shield.

Quote:
I would say to keep it simply how it is in Halo.
So, fighting Forerunner armigers and Covenant reformists? Both games in the Spartan series do this.

Quote:
I was criticizing the execution of aesthetics by comparison to a contemporary release, belonging even to the same publishing line, sharing the exact similar design patterns.
And without evidence. Comparing models even between Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike, the latter is far more detailed in both character modeling, background and foreground, as well as props such as vehicle wreckage and folliage.

Quote:
I do have a feeling of inconsistency within the Strike that makes me want to call it a mod level release,
They were made by the exact same company. The same development team, even. By techncial design and proper definition use, Spartan Strike cannot rationally be called a "mod". It would be like trying to call Halo 2 a mod of Halo: Combat Evolved.

Quote:
Therefore in the end I would say Frag grenade and Plasma grenade are practically of very much the same power
Playtested in both games.

Spartan Assault: E4 - A Ghost starts out with 30 health points total. A frag grenade dealt 25.5 damage, dropping the Ghost to 4.5 health. A plasma grenade only dealt 21.5 damage, dropping the Ghost to 8.5 health. Frag grenades do 4 points of damage more than plasma grenades.

Spartan Strike: B4 - A Wraith tank starts out with 12 health points total. Frag grenades dealt 5 damage, dropping the Wraith to 7 health. A plasma grenade dealt 4 points of damage, dropping the Wraith to 8 health. Frag grenades do 1 point of damage more than plasma grenades.

Quote:
At-protagonist aiming indicator could be useful for the gaming controller gameplay, but if to play with mouse and keyboard, it is doubling the mouse pointer.
In which case Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike are the exact same, as Spartan Assault has the mouse pointer with keyboard input as well. So how is adding the indicator for phone and controller a negative design element for Spartan Strike?

The HUD is also practically the exact same in design for both Spartan games, allowing for the same field of view and clarity.

Quote:
Still an opportunity to score twice, is that, suggesting possibly some manipulative instrumental mindset to employ.
No different than "manipulating" the score in Halo 4. It's still an enemy, and you still defeated it. There's no "manipulation" at all. And yes, (playtested) they only ressurrect once.

Quote:
Game should differentiate upon how much the shell got broken.
That would be Knights after July 24-26 of 2557, which is when Spartan Strike takes place. At that point, Knights are still constructed of composed matrixes, allowing for a one-time ressurrection. In July 16th of 2558, an apparent new variant of Promethean Knights are encountered; ones that don't leave behind a "data core" upon death and have their armor directly repaired by Watches, rather than being resurrected as a whole.
The Ragin Pagan, im not discrediting it because I don't like them ( I apologize if I made it sound that way), I'm discrediting them because, as you said, it is in both games. I don't think its a valid argument against a game when the complaint is about an enemy unit being too strong in a particular way (ie: their shields), especially when they seem to be too strong in the same particular way in the other installations of the game series

im really bad at wording things the way in want to say them
I don't hate the jackals, I just find them comically annoying
Oh okay, I understand what you meant now. My bad!
Thank you gentlemen for this civil, competent discussion.

@The Ragin Pagan, I guess you are right and I was wrong about Spartan Strike features, my memory has served me well only to a limited extent, nonetheless I still dislike the colour palettes employed various places around the game, which is hard to be discussed with, as it is the matter of personal taste.

Also I misunderstood you mentioning Prometheans replacing Covenant units as enemies, meaning simply they were added to the repertoire of foes, that now I get, which indeed is a good diversification to Spartan Strike but ultimately as I said, I would rather avoid deepening the topic as I lack better knowledge upon Halo enemyscape, so I just say keep it Halo.

But I would avoid mixing up forces belonging to different species in a pretentious alliance against the protagonist. If they meet, they should combat one another, resulting maybe in a spectacle. The Covenant adds some colour to the game, being as manifold as they are, while the Prometheans typically introduce more monothonous colourtone and space designs, so probably areas dedicated to certain species should be properly segregated and emphasized.

By the way, I think the Needler bolts fly too far in the Strike, making them look kind of detached on the longer distance. Besides, Needler is practical and powerful, it should be avoided to make it a sniping device, kind of.

When it comes to SpartanAssault, on the YT there are some CO-OP gameplay footages that show there is entire bunch of stuff available in the CO-OP - including weapons and various kinds of other equipment - completely missing in the singleplayer campaign, closer maybe to the arsenal of SpartanStrike but even beyond it, especially if to mind the Flood. Any info on that? This looks like a completely different game, I mean, another something from the "Spartan Bundle". Also took notice on how the SMGs image differs to the standard I know, unless this is a different weapon, which could be the point since the line of fire to it appears more spread than usual. There even seems to be a grenade blast radius indicator, that I thought was not the installment in SpartanAssault at all. Versions of the game seem to completely mismatch between XBOX and PC if this is still the same title, but maybe the CO-OP is so particular that it redefines the singleplayer gameplay and this way breaks up with it, standing as an addon title to the basic release?
I would avoid mixing up forces belonging to different species in a pretentious alliance against the protagonist. If they meet, they should combat one another, resulting maybe in a spectacle.
We do see this in Halo 5. But during the events of Spartan Strike, the Prometheans and Covenant Reformists are practically allied; it's more the Didact using the Covenant for his own purposes.

Quote:
By the way, I think the Needler bolts fly too far in the Strike, making them look kind of detached on the longer distance. Besides, Needler is practical and powerful, it should be avoided to make it a sniping device, kind of.
I'd have to playtest and compare, but I will say that I've been "sniped" from across the gap of Midship (Halo: CE) by a Needler.

Quote:
When it comes to SpartanAssault, on the YT there are some CO-OP gameplay footages that show there is entire bunch of stuff available in the CO-OP - including weapons and various kinds of other equipment - completely missing in the singleplayer campaign, closer maybe to the arsenal of SpartanStrike but even beyond it, especially if to mind the Flood. Any info on that?
It was added onto the game after release, and is a "hypothetical training" for a Flood outbreak. It does have weapons not in Spartan Assault (such as the machine pistol,) but is a series of survival fights, kind of like Firefight.

Quote:
There even seems to be a grenade blast radius indicator, that I thought was not the installment in SpartanAssault at all.
There are grenade indicators for Spartan Assault, but not wraith blasts (a topic covered earlier). The grenade indicators only show up after you throw the grenade, or after an enemy does.
Where can I get the ordinal now, I can't seem to find it on the app store
deadhawk40 wrote:
Where can I get the ordinal now, I can't seem to find it on the app store
looks like its no longer available
Nah, it's still in the store. Both Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike.
hmm, thats odd, because now I can't find it either, must be an App Store glitch
The apps were removed from the iOS app store just before christmas due to issues with them running on the latest version of iOS. No word on when they'll return, but the plan is for them to be fixed and re-released on to the store at some point.
Ah, on Apple... That explains it. I was confused as to why people couldn't see them, but I still could.
that would explain why I can't get either one to open
Promethian soildier annoy me too :{
Did people even play this game?
I still play it.
Did people even play this game?
yes, it was enjoyable
the fact that there is no Xbox version of this game highly suggest that the sales of this game were very low and 343 doesn't want put more resources in making another similar game
jjnk12345 wrote:
the fact that there is no Xbox version of this game highly suggest that the sales of this game were very low and 343 doesn't want put more resources in making another similar game
there was an xbox version of spartan assault, but I do wish there was also for strike.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5