Forums / Support / Legacy Halo Support

Halo 3 Service Records

OP dryrain23

This maybe has been answered recently but I can’t recall if it had so I’ll ask. Are the service records for Halo 3 messed up right now? I signed into my backup account and just out of interest I looked at the info for my main account. I pulled up the service record and it showed no progress to report on campaign, yet I’ve beaten it on Legendary solo and co-op (Not to mention I have 100% achievements and armors in the game). Just thought this was a weird hiccup that might be fixed soon if it is messed up.
Is it your Waypoint service record?
If so this might be applicable:
Quote:
If you're here because Waypoint is telling you that you haven't played a particular game, then your service records will be out of sync. This usually happens if you have changed your gamertag since you last played one of the older games (Halo3, ODST, Reach) and is relatively simple to fix.

You'll need to boot the games up again and play something. This can either be campaign, multiplayer, forge, etc, anything as long as you are connected to Xbox live - playing the backwards compatible version of a game should also work.
No I should have specified. I meant I was on the Xbox 360 looking at them by pressing “A” on “Halo 3 Service Record” when viewing that profile.
dryrain23 wrote:
No I should have specified. I meant I was on the Xbox 360 looking at them by pressing “A” on “Halo 3 Service Record” when viewing that profile.
Then I don't know what to tell you I'm afraid.
I just tried mine and it worked, not that this account has much progress anyway.
When did you last check it? It might be worth looking again in case it's fixed itself. If not, I'm at a loss.
dryrain23 wrote:
Then I don't know what to tell you I'm afraid.
I just tried mine and it worked, not that this account has much progress anyway.
When did you last check it? It might be worth looking again in case it's fixed itself. If not, I'm at a loss.
I checked it last night, maybe about 12:30-1 am ET. I'll check tonight when I get back from my class and update this. Thanks for your help!
This might be a dumb question, but are you using the same save file? I'm wondering in case you recently began playing 360H3 on your Xbox One and maybe didn't move your save file to the cloud on your 360 before doing so.
tuhin94 wrote:
This might be a dumb question, but are you using the same save file? I'm wondering in case you recently began playing 360H3 on your Xbox One and maybe didn't move your save file to the cloud on your 360 before doing so.
Honestly I'm not sure. Usually when I load up Halo 3 on my Xbox 360 the storage device I choose is the cloud and when I play BC on Xbox One I don't have the option to choose. So I'm assuming both are in sync with each other but maybe not.
dryrain23 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Honestly I'm not sure. Usually when I load up Halo 3 on my Xbox 360 the storage device I choose is the cloud and when I play BC on Xbox One I don't have the option to choose. So I'm assuming both are in sync with each other but maybe not.
They should ideally both be synced up in that case. Problems might arise if you load up H3 on one console and switch to the other too quickly since the first console would not have enough time to sync with the cloud, but that's about it.

One thing I can suggest is to hop on your 360 and go to your storage devices. Check if you have a save file on your hard drive (or similar local storage). If you do, try starting up Halo 3 while not connected to Live. If this local save file has everything you need, you might consider replacing the one in the cloud. Not sure how recently you started using the cloud for H3, but it is possible there was a syncing issue when you initially moved the file for whatever reason. Just throwing out an idea, but this might not be the best one. I believe your campaign progress is based on local info rather than something from a server which is why I thought this might apply to you.
tuhin94 wrote:
dryrain23 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
They should ideally both be synced up in that case. Problems might arise if you load up H3 on one console and switch to the other too quickly since the first console would not have enough time to sync with the cloud, but that's about it.

One thing I can suggest is to hop on your 360 and go to your storage devices. Check if you have a save file on your hard drive (or similar local storage). If you do, try starting up Halo 3 while not connected to Live. If this local save file has everything you need, you might consider replacing the one in the cloud. Not sure how recently you started using the cloud for H3, but it is possible there was a syncing issue when you initially moved the file for whatever reason. Just throwing out an idea, but this might not be the best one. I believe your campaign progress is based on local info rather than something from a server which is why I thought this might apply to you.
Update: So just tried this and it didn’t work, still showing no campaign progress when viewed from another profile. I’m going to play a mission real quick to see if that does anything. Obviously this issue isn’t really a big deal in the grand scheme of things just kind of annoying.
Final Update: Playing a mission on Normal worked for some reason and now it shows it. I guess it being old has made it wonky sometimes but it’s back to working. Thanks Improbable Dee and tuhin94 for the help.
Same thing happened to me last month, with Halo 3 and Odst. No progress in campaign and multiplayer. Then i unlocked one achievement and all stats came back.
Same thing happened to me last month, with Halo 3 and Odst. No progress in campaign and multiplayer. Then i unlocked one achievement and all stats came back.
It’s so weird sometimes. I guess thats what happens playing a 12/10 year old game lol
You're probably right XD. Also can't find games anymore :(
I think this happened to me once and was resolved on its own.