Halo 4 Achievement Issues (2)

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
If you're still experiencing issues with Halo 4 Achievements please post in this thread now.

Thank you,

Forum Team
I am not personally experiencing an issue, but I have seen 4 such reports post-patch. I have a theory as to what is going on.

I can't link all reports since the old thread is gone. However, here's what I could find on TrueAchievements.com.

1. kliqIMB commented in an achievement solution that he could not get Pigs Can Fly (Majestic)
2. Lefty24 posted that he could not get Size is Everything (Crimson)
3. Picklesbr posted the same issue as Lefty24.
4. A dead link to a post from someone saying he could not unlock Pigs Can Fly (Majestic) and Ashes to Ashes (Castle). Perhaps this post can be moved here.

I think that kliqIMB and Lefty24 also posted near the end of the old thread.

My theory:
In each of the 4 cases, those affected had never played on a map from that particular map pack before. For example, kliqIMB had never played Majestic before. Based on various reports, it seems that if you had ever played a Majestic map before the October 9 patch, then every Majestic achievement would unlock on startup, regardless of whether you had ever fulfilled the requirements. On the other hand, if you had never played Majestic before, then no Majestic achievements would automatically unlock. The achievements would need to be unlocked in the normal manner.

My theory is that these people are now experiencing the same glitch as before. It seems the patch didn't really fix the glitch, but instead auto-unlocked everything in a particular map pack to help those affected by the glitch. I'm not criticizing this solution. I'm fine with that solution decision, except for the fact that new players can still experience the old glitch.

Possible solution:
Send out the patch at regular intervals, perhaps daily. Then if someone experiences the glitch, they can login the next day and unlock their achievement automatically.

Edit: Further examples
5. n1ckKz reports that he had never played Halo 4 before October 9 and now cannot unlock Pigs Can Fly (Majestic).
6. Ham Man 89 reports starting the DLC and then being unable to unlock Pigs Can Fly (Majestic).
7. RYE HEXAGON reports being unable to unlock Pigs Can Fly (Majestic), I See You (Majestic), and Clever Girl (Majestic).

I have also seen a couple posts on TrueAchievements, saying two friends cannot unlock Ashes to Ashes and Pigs Can Fly. I don't want to accidentally double count them in case they post here, so I'm only counting those who post that they personally cannot unlock an achievement.
Hi kliqIMB here!

Forgot the forums were undergoing construction, so I was in for quite the surprise when I logged on.

What MathGuy42 said is correct. I cannot unlock Pigs Can Fly, yet all other achievements unlocked fine. I'll give you guys a bit of a rundown, so maybe it'll help pinpoint the solution.

The first DLC I played was Castle soon after it dropped (I remember this because I played in the Castle specific playlist) and I got all of the Castle related achievements except one. I then didn't play on any DLC maps until the release of the Richocet / Champions DLC, which I got about half the achievements in. At this point, reports of glitches started appearing frequently, so I decided to wait. With the imminent release of MCC, me and my buddy decided to hop back on for old times sake and we played a couple Crimson maps to try and get some of the achievements that weren't susceptible to glitching. This was a few days pre-patch.

The day the patch dropped my friend texted me saying all his missing DLC achievements unlocked and that I should go see if mine do as well. I put my disc in later that night and unlocked every Crimson and Castle DLC achievement I was missing. No Majestic.

I assumed there was a failsafe in the code that checked to see if you had previousl played DLC, that way people couldn't just pop the disc jn and grab a quick 500 GS. So, I played several matches on Majestic maps and everything unlocked fine, except for Pigs Can Fly. I tried close to 100 times, deleted and recovered my profile, deleted my cache, deleted the map packs, etc. Essentially all the normal tricks when achievements go awry. But still nothing would work.

I believe that MathGuy42's theory is more than likely correct, even if the fine details don't match up. Considering that it would be difficult to wipe certain stats from a players profile, rather than a mass wipe, the hotfix was implemented. However, when it checked for the DLC to have been played, it also didn't check to see if my counter had somehow gone up to then unlock the achievement.

I don't know how viable the hotfix would be to push out daily, but even monthly would be fine by me. I don't need the achievements right now. I would just like them to unlock at some point.

Regards,

kliqIMB
Halo 5 guardians: T
After play halo 4's DLC playlist. I can't get ashes to ashes achievement . even tho I've killed five spartans with binary rifle & incineration cannon in one match in the castle map
DLC

Can anyone tell why it won't give me the achievement.
Yeah, I just got 9 achievemants for absolutely no reason. Not complaining, just sayin'.
When I signed into h4 after not playing it for a week or so, I got around 530g worth of achievements for it. My friends also experienced this, but I'm not complaining either haha
After play halo 4's DLC playlist. I can't get ashes to ashes achievement . even tho I've killed five spartans with binary rifle & incineration cannon in one match in the castle map
DLC

Can anyone tell why it won't give me the achievement.
Looking at your achievements, I see you've played on every DLC map pack before the patch of October 9. I see from your Halo 4 Service Record that you last played on October 3. If your experience is like that of others, you will unlock Ashes to Ashes, Now They Fly, and Flash of Light at the Main Menu the next time you start up Halo 4.

Please start up Halo 4 and let us know what happens. Hopefully your experience will help validate my theory. Good luck.
kliqIMB wrote:
Hi kliqIMB here!

Forgot the forums were undergoing construction, so I was in for quite the surprise when I logged on.

What MathGuy42 said is correct. I cannot unlock Pigs Can Fly, yet all other achievements unlocked fine. I'll give you guys a bit of a rundown, so maybe it'll help pinpoint the solution.

The first DLC I played was Castle soon after it dropped (I remember this because I played in the Castle specific playlist) and I got all of the Castle related achievements except one. I then didn't play on any DLC maps until the release of the Richocet / Champions DLC, which I got about half the achievements in. At this point, reports of glitches started appearing frequently, so I decided to wait. With the imminent release of MCC, me and my buddy decided to hop back on for old times sake and we played a couple Crimson maps to try and get some of the achievements that weren't susceptible to glitching. This was a few days pre-patch.

The day the patch dropped my friend texted me saying all his missing DLC achievements unlocked and that I should go see if mine do as well. I put my disc in later that night and unlocked every Crimson and Castle DLC achievement I was missing. No Majestic.

I assumed there was a failsafe in the code that checked to see if you had previousl played DLC, that way people couldn't just pop the disc jn and grab a quick 500 GS. So, I played several matches on Majestic maps and everything unlocked fine, except for Pigs Can Fly. I tried close to 100 times, deleted and recovered my profile, deleted my cache, deleted the map packs, etc. Essentially all the normal tricks when achievements go awry. But still nothing would work.

I believe that MathGuy42's theory is more than likely correct, even if the fine details don't match up. Considering that it would be difficult to wipe certain stats from a players profile, rather than a mass wipe, the hotfix was implemented. However, when it checked for the DLC to have been played, it also didn't check to see if my counter had somehow gone up to then unlock the achievement.

I don't know how viable the hotfix would be to push out daily, but even monthly would be fine by me. I don't need the achievements right now. I would just like them to unlock at some point.

Regards,

kliqIMB
This is probably it. I had the dlc pass and purchased all that were available as they came up over the few years. However I never had the actual chance to play on any of the dlc and was only able to unlock 3 achievements while the rest remain locked and no way to earn them now.

In short, I still have a problem. Hate to say it though as my pride doesnt like to ask for help. :p
Well done 343i! you have won some more support from your players and will probably make more sales on Halo MCC because of it. if you want mor you should do the same for reach. You should also make the halo 4, reach and 3 (im not sure if you can still play dlc in 3 still) map packs free and put then in regular playlists becuase at the moment they are pretty much useless and it may make you some more sales on MCC and guardians. there is not much money to be made from selling them, make them free and get more sales for future games.
Good Luck 343i

This is probably it. I had the dlc pass and purchased all that were available as they came up over the few years. However I never had the actual chance to play on any of the dlc and was only able to unlock 3 achievements while the rest remain locked and no way to earn them now.

In short, I still have a problem. Hate to say it though as my pride doesnt like to ask for help. :p
To clarify, I looked at your achievements and saw that you have no Majestic and no Castle achievements, but you now have all Crimson achievements since the last 3 you needed unlocked. I also see in your Service Record that you have never played on a Majestic or Castle map before. So your case also seems to fit my theory.

I do wonder if the patch is checking that a player has ever played on a map before October 9 or checking that they have at least one achievement from the map pack before October 9. It will probably be difficult to find someone who has done the former, but not the latter, to test this though.

The only solution I know for you would be to find a group of people who have the Majestic and Castle map packs so you can party up with them in matchmaking, unless there is a playlist requiring those maps. Most of your achievements should unlock fine if you meet the requirements. If my theory is correct, the only achievements that might still glitch are the 9 that could previously glitch. They are:
Crimson
Bigfoot
Size is Everything
Majestic
Bird of Prey
Clever Girl
Pigs Can Fly
I See You
Castle
Ashes to Ashes
Hello Nurse
Sight Seeing
My friend had done ashes to ashes 20 times to no avail but after the patch it popped just by logging into halo4. I hope it starts working for everyone else. I know you are busy 343 thanks for getting around to it!
MathGuy42 wrote:

To clarify, I looked at your achievements and saw that you have no Majestic and no Castle achievements, but you now have all Crimson achievements since the last 3 you needed unlocked. I also see in your Service Record that you have never played on a Majestic or Castle map before. So your case also seems to fit my theory.

I do wonder if the patch is checking that a player has ever played on a map before October 9 or checking that they have at least one achievement from the map pack before October 9. It will probably be difficult to find someone who has done the former, but not the latter, to test this though.

The only solution I know for you would be to find a group of people who have the Majestic and Castle map packs so you can party up with them in matchmaking, unless there is a playlist requiring those maps. Most of your achievements should unlock fine if you meet the requirements. If my theory is correct, the only achievements that might still glitch are the 9 that could previously glitch. They are:
Crimson
Bigfoot
Size is Everything
Majestic
Bird of Prey
Clever Girl
Pigs Can Fly
I See You
Castle
Ashes to Ashes
Hello Nurse
Sight Seeing
It will take quite a while to make that happen.
Sometimes when I re-do the campaign on Legendary, the achievements for beating missions on legendary mode glitch, but otherwise nothing. Good luck 343.
Hello fellow Spartans and 343,

I am one of the players that MathGuy42 mentioned. And yes, he has described my situation correctly.
I got my first achievement on Crimson Map Pack AFTER the fix rollout, but "Size is Everything" never popped for me. :(

PS: MathGuy42 - I really appreciate this great assistance that you are giving! If I was legion, I'd create a petition for a free copy of Halo 5 for you. :)

thanks!
The achievement "Pigs Can Fly" achievement is currently not unlocking for me... It's unlocked for 2 of my friends but not me :(

I've tried:

deleting my my profile and re-downloading it

removing the title update and re-downloading it

cleared my system cache

still nothing... I only started this game cause people said they were fixed........
n1ckKz, you may wish to read my theory as to what is happening. Based on your achievements, I see you never played Halo 4 before October 9, and thus had never played on the DLC maps. So you are the 5th person to fit my theory that those who start the DLC after October 9 can experience the same achievement glitch as before. Hopefully 343 can implement my idea to send out the patch daily or find some other fix.
MathGuy42 wrote:
n1ckKz, you may wish to read my theory as to what is happening. Based on your achievements, I see you never played Halo 4 before October 9, and thus had never played on the DLC maps. So you are the 5th person to fit my theory that those who start the DLC after October 9 can experience the same achievement glitch as before. Hopefully 343 can implement my idea to send out the patch daily or find some other fix.
Well I'm not very happy, I only started this cause people said it was fixed... Ruined my 100% completion :( - No Math, I only played it cause people said 343 had fixed it, I'm sure I'm not the only one to do so either.

So, are we going to see a fix for this 343? It's not very good saying you've sorted the problems when you haven't, I only started this game cause I was aware you'd fixed it, I've waited over year to play this and now this happens...

I'm also sure that this won't be the only achievement to glitch on me as I have more to do :/
Mathguy, if I could add something to the situation. There were a couples of achievements that I've earned for the Castle DLC which I don't even own. I earned the ashes to ashes and beating up the beat achievements while playing the community forge playlist with friends and never knew why. And if I recall the community forge playlist came out a while after the castle map pack. Although I can't recall how long ago it was. Would that contradict your theory before in any way?
Seg0MyEgg0, that is very odd. I've not heard of Castle achievements unlocking in Forge Island. I see from your achievements that these unlocked on May 26, 2013. The achievement glitches didn't start until August 19, 2013 (Champions Title Update), so I don't think what happened to you was related. I don't think there is any contradiction to my theory.

I do see from your service record that you have never played on a Castle map. So apparently the patch is checking to see if you had previously played on a Castle map, not if you had any other Castle achievements. If you had played on a Castle map before October 9, I believe the remaining 7 Castle achievements would have unlocked for you automatically at the main menu. Thanks for helping me clear up that part of my theory.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12