Forums / Support / Legacy Halo Support

Halo 4's Spartan Ops online co-op refuses to work

OP EmeraldsniperXZ

So me and my girlfriend got back onto the gig for Halo not too long ago, and we were going to continue it with Halo 4's Spartan Ops mode. I made sure I was able to connect properly with either method for my 360 and for it to be stable. Her end was also made sure it was stable.
The night to when we tried to play the mode... didn't go so well. 2-3 minutes later into the first part of EP.1, and it keeps losing connection. We don't know why it kept doing this. So we attempted it multiple times in multiple assumptions of how to get past this predicament.
Sadly none of it worked.
She's on her XB1 S and I'm on my 360 E (the old one not the slim) to do this (she also owns a 360 Slim S). And we both have Wireless and Ethernet. We thought it was just Part 1 of EP.1 so we tried Part 2. Things went well. ...Then 3 minutes came and it did the same thing. The Campaign didn't do this. We tried doing the prologue to test out if it would break after 3 minutes. ....It didn't. We finished half of it and that was 15 minutes of the prologue (we were multitasking of why Spartan Ops wasn't working). Hell, we even reset our modems n whatnot and it still didn't work out. We then changed the DNS settings to a static xbox service and google service. Nothing.
We want to honestly start Spartan Ops and we don't know if it's because of one of our internet ends, or maybe due to her being on XB1 (high doubt but we're trying to really fix this dumb problem..).
Anyone have any ideas? Because the stuff I've listed is all the basic stuff that shouldn't be repeated. We're getting tired of disconnecting every 2-3 minutes in Spartan Ops each attempt. It's ridiculous.
Can you ask your girlfriend to delete and re-install Halo 4? Sometimes 360 games don't play nice when trying to play online on a One. That might work. I had a similar problem a couple of months ago where I couldn't connect to Live at all with another game and the only way to fix it was to delete and re-install. All my other 360 games were working fine.
We found out to why. Halo 4 was being read as a MCC copy, and was basically using the MCC servers instead of the normal ones, to be used. And I've been told those current servers are horrendous. So she just switched back to the 360 and now everything's A-OK.
We found out to why. Halo 4 was being read as a MCC copy, and was basically using the MCC servers instead of the normal ones, to be used. And I've been told those current servers are horrendous. So she just switched back to the 360 and now everything's A-OK.
H4 on 360 does not use the MCC servers regardless of which platform you play on. The 360 games are totally separate from their MCC counterparts. No progress or online connectivity or anything of the sort is shared between them. But, glad to hear you guys are able to play.
Reinstalling the game can help sometimes. The Halo 4 servers are completely screwed up though, it may be out of your control.