Forums / Support / Halo 4 Support

Halo 4 servers are down

OP zvenom91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have been struggling on and off for a few days to play more than a couple games of Halo 4 matchmaking before it goes haywire showing (You Appear to Lost your Connection to Xbox Live) I restarted the game multiple times, I will get into a game but halfway through it will boot me out or my teammates and I can't reconnect. Please inform 343 of this please. The Servers are down!

Edit 10/31/18 The Servers are still acting up and will kick you offline at a moments notice, I can deal with a few laggy games but it's getting impossible to play more than 1 game of Halo 4 without a disconnect
Edit 12/18/18 so I can't even get into a game, it will kick me off the server before it attempts to find other players, It's as broke as it was months ago before 343 had to fix it, please 343 Fix this!
zvenom91 wrote:
I have been struggling on and off for a few days to play more than a couple games of Halo 4 matchmaking before it goes haywire showing (You Appear to Lost your Connection to Xbox Live) I restarted the game multiple times, I will get into a game but halfway through it will boot me out or my teammates and I can't reconnect. Please inform 343 of this please. The Servers are down!
I have been dealing with this as well, please fix what ever is wrong with your servers 343
Same thing has been happening to me! I will play two games of war games match-making then it will say "you appear to have lost your connection to Xbox Live. You must be connected to Xbox Live to play". My NAT rating is at OPEN and is fine also. I will exit the game and the 360 dashboard still has me on xbox live and I did not lose connection to live. I also have an xbox one and have no problem with live on there. Please 343 work on your servers! If you choose you do not want to work on your servers, please issue me a refund for the game because I only play match making war games. If any one else is experiencing this problem please speak up, so we can get this issue resolved! Thanks SwirlyMuffin69
Having the same issues, warning me that I have lost connection to Xbox Live, when i´m not. Woudl be good if some responsible staff give an possible explanation about what is hapenning. We have been struggling with server issues several times this year...
I been suffering this bug since 2017 :( it will take just two minutes to pop up and I have to restart the game

There have been massive H4 server problems worldwide for some time now. Where is the best place to report these issues? How can this go on for so long without anyone from 343 even confirming the issue and giving us an update?
So I am not the only one... Anyone else also having issue of not being able to save loadout? And every change I make to my Spartan also doesn't save. I tried deleting everything and reinstalling, deleting cache. No luck.
jjnk12345 wrote:
I been suffering this bug since 2017 :( it will take just two minutes to pop up and I have to restart the game
Wow, I thought this is a problem from a month ago. Seems like not, quite strange
Been playing Halo for 10+ years, since Combat Evolved. If this is the service that 343 is giving it's legacy players/customers I'm not exactly inclined to spend hundreds on a new console and buy new products... That may sound contradictory considering I'm still on a 360, but in my experience past performance IS an indicator of the future.BTW: The fact that the Halo Services Status is from **2014** tells me that H4 is on it's deathbed. 343 doesn't care.Thanks for all the good times Halo...
Hey all, I'm in the same boat. A buddy of mine and myself are trying to get some Achievements we're missing and we CANNOT connect to the servers at all. I'm on Xbox One, and he's on Xbox One and Xbox 360. 343 if y'all could fix this, that'd be amazing.
Same issue for me.
I seen one Forum post where a person from 343 commented on and helped the community fix the Halo server issue a month or two back but this post hasn't gained traction, I'm not giving up because Halo MCC isn't to my liking just yet and honestly Halo 4 has the best community. But yes even if I try inviting people and do custom games it will drop me or multiple people and disconnect the people it dropped and prevent them from accessing the game without a game reset. Please will someone from 343 look into this
Like ToastyGnome said: Halo 4 is probably on its deathbed because no one from 343 seems to care. It's sad how Halo 4 servers are more messed up than Halo Reach servers. Get on Halo 5 everyone, cuz in a few years those servers are gunna be done for as well.
Loadouts are working fine for me now. I hope connection issues are fixed too (didn't have time to test). But I had less problems with that.
With the latest MCC update, players with an Xbox One and MCC really have no need to fire up H4. I'd be surprised to see any effort by 343 to address this issue. They've created an alternative that (now) provides the same gameplay with a better experience, overall.

It is clear they want players to upgrade their consoles and purchase MCC.
Same issue here ... H4 goes into matchmaking, acts as if trying to load players, then spontaneously just reports that it's lost the connection to Xbox Live, when the Xbox really hasn't. I've tried Ethernet too, also placed Xbox in router DMZ to no avail. I just close out the game and launch again, most of the time it works the 2nd or 3rd time. And once it begins working, it usually works for a few games before crapping out again, but it's a hassle and waste of valuable gaming time to have to fool with.
Halo 4 is disconnecting me almost immediately, I have to not just log out and log back in to reconnect but restart the entire game, It'll start to search but it kicks me before the game even starts, even if I'm doing custom games and not use the servers but still online it'll kick me and others out. Seriously 343 please fix this!
It's 29NOV... This has been going on for about a month. Was a while there where you could not save loadouts or avatar changes but that is working ok. But this business of not being able to get a match for Slayer, Swat or well pretty much anything but BTB is getting very old.

C'MON 343, EITHER FIX IT OR CALL IT DOA PLEASE??
Having all the same problems. We need to get in touch with Bonnie Ross, Corporate Vice President at Microsoft Studios and head of 343.
I have the same issue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2