8. ...
  9. 8
is this a bug?
Yes, this is part of what 343 are investigating
stckrboy wrote:
is this a bug?
Yes, this is part of what 343 are investigating
ah right, just curious as it was working fine for me yesterday ;-;
Yesterday I was able to get into the matchmaking games, but my rank was still not showing up and I couldn't access my service record or see the daily challenges. These were no biggies to me, since I was still able to get online and play. Today, I can't even access matchmaking. Even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling....no luck. Lame! Guess I'm going to have to go old school and just play some campaigns.
What's weird about this one is that it will randomly start working again only to crap out again and then again ad nauseam, at least customs works but unfortunately this outage has scared away many of the people I play with and the game is becoming more and more like a ghost town. I should also mention that hackers are starting to move in to matchmaking in absence of any real authority or definitive solution to this quite game breaking issue.

Will this be the end of Reach 360?
What's weird about this one is that it will randomly start working again only to crap out again and then again ad nauseam, at least customs works but unfortunately this outage has scared away many of the people I play with and the game is becoming more and more like a ghost town. I should also mention that hackers are starting to move in to matchmaking in absence of any real authority or definitive solution to this quite game breaking issue.

Speaking of scaring away people that you play with, the initial as-of-yet-unaddressed ongoing server issues that have existed since September of last year have driven away a lot of my friends; the ones that have stuck around have resorted to searching in large groups and even still have issues finding games(All of my Reach friends consist of previously solo or small-party players as I met them in rumble pit and multiteam).

I love how someone from 343 responded to this new recruit glitch situation yet the same individual can’t respond to the numerous server-related posts that have been created in the past few months. And even still, this particular problem still hasn’t been fixed...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
D0GSU wrote:

Isn’t it obvious, they are purposely -Yoinking!- the servers up & refusing to patch them because they know people will switch to the nice clean slate PC edition if handled correctly. They know the player base is made up of hardcore and loyal fans who won’t initially switch because they have ties with their characters on this game. If they drop server numbers on reach & launch PC reach with false player counts the advertising will sell itself. I mean the servers were never this unplayable...But all of a sudden when MCC Reach is announced they completely screw up they knew if they stopped the matchmaking servers, we would play custom games. So they let the recruit glitch run rampant to get us used to not playing on our Spartans who we have played with for years. I don’t give a -Yoink- however & am refusing to buy MCC Reach on pc until Xbox Reach is fixed. I’ve worked hard on my character. & many of you have worked even harder, don’t allow big corporate Microsoft make you play right into their hand. We have played Reach in Xbox since 2010 & have so many memories latched onto this game. PC Reach isn’t going to be the same, you’ll have to start all over again. Years of work years of dedication. Screw that. I just want my old character back and I’ll call it a day.
I’m sorry, I’m a day-one player of Reach and I’m unsure about whatever “character” you’re talking about. Characters are features on, for example, single-player Final-Fantasy-type games...on a game like this it’s simply your own skill(or in team play, your team’s) against that of opposing players and/or teams.

I am with you though, and due to the now over 8-month-old server inadequacies I adamantly refuse to purchase anything from 343. Any original player such as myself that has followed the game since day 1 can easily see the complete lack of care 343 has had for Reach and the other legacy titles in general(except, of course, for the TU which tried to combat the handicap settings that Bungie somehow thought were a good idea).
D0GSU wrote:
Isn’t it obvious, they are purposely -Yoinking!- the servers up & refusing to patch them
They are absolutely not doing this or anything like this
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
D0GSU wrote:
They are absolutely doing nothing to fix these problems.
That the issues haven't been resolved yet doesn't mean they aren't doing anything to fix it, it's being actively investigated right now.

Also please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
D0GSU wrote:
D0GSU wrote:
I’m sorry, I’m a day-one player of Reach and I’m unsure about whatever “character” you’re talking about. Characters are features on, for example, single-player Final-Fantasy-type games...on a game like this it’s simply your own skill(or in team play, your team’s) against that of opposing players and/or teams.

I am with you though, and due to the now over 8-month-old server inadequacies I adamantly refuse to purchase anything from 343. Any original player such as myself that has followed the game since day 1 can easily see the complete lack of care 343 has had for Reach and the other legacy titles in general(except, of course, for the TU which tried to combat the handicap settings that Bungie somehow thought were a good idea).
Don’t Know about you but I consider my spartan a character, I worked hard for my waypoint gear and I put time into customising my armor. I roleplay with my buddy’s and we are all individuals when it comes to gear. Reach and halo 3 have always had the option to customise your gear allowing you to build your own “Characters”. Not to mention in the campaign you play as six. And he looks however you’d like him to look, this recruit glitch stops you from being able to customise your gear and it hurts the community.
The various armor pieces-even the unlockable and exclusive ones-mean nothing as they don’t impact gameplay at all whatsoever. An old Reach player could create a new gamertag and play their first game on it right now against a day-1 player like myself with all of the useless waypoint armor, haunted helmet, and blue flames and it wouldn’t make any difference at all. The concept of a “character” in a game like this makes no sense; it’s simply your skill against that of your opponents’ and armor choice simply doesn’t factor into that at all.

As for your previous post about the servers, yeah, you’re right, they’re doing nothing to address them. If they were, they’d respond to even one of the various posts about them that have cropped up this year.

Oh, and off-topic, Stckrboy is right, don’t double post and also try to stay on-topic here as these types of offenses can get you banned if you repeat them.
They are investigating the bug but as the time passes it's getting more huge, first this "regular spartan" thing, second all our "Progress" lost, and now, we cant even play Matchmaking, all in two weeks.
stckrboy wrote:
D0GSU wrote:
They are absolutely doing nothing to fix these problems.
That the issues haven't been resolved yet doesn't mean they aren't doing anything to fix it, it's being actively investigated right now.

Also please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Can they just restart the reach servers?
D0GSU wrote:
D0GSU wrote:

Don’t Know about you but I consider my spartan a character, I worked hard for my waypoint gear and I put time into customising my armor. I roleplay with my buddy’s and we are all individuals when it comes to gear. Reach and halo 3 have always had the option to customise your gear allowing you to build your own “Characters”. Not to mention in the campaign you play as six. And he looks however you’d like him to look, this recruit glitch stops you from being able to customise your gear and it hurts the community.
The various armor pieces-even the unlockable and exclusive ones-mean nothing as they don’t impact gameplay at all whatsoever. An old Reach player could create a new gamertag and play their first game on it right now against a day-1 player like myself with all of the useless waypoint armor, haunted helmet, and blue flames and it wouldn’t make any difference at all. The concept of a “character” in a game like this makes no sense; it’s simply your skill against that of your opponents’ and armor choice simply doesn’t factor into that at all.

As for your previous post about the servers, yeah, you’re right, they’re doing nothing to address them. If they were, they’d respond to even one of the various posts about them that have cropped up this year.

Oh, and off-topic, Stckrboy is right, don’t double post and also try to stay on-topic here as these types of offenses can get you banned if you repeat them.
There are pieces of character unlocks not available to just anyone restarting day-one, and they increase in value as the years go on. Simply put, characters mean something to the individual because they themselves worked for it. You cannot deny the individual importance of these characters and their progress to their specific individual, regardless of your perceived notion of ease of replacement.
D0GSU wrote:
D0GSU wrote:

There are pieces of character unlocks not available to just anyone restarting day-one, and they increase in value as the years go on. Simply put, characters mean something to the individual because they themselves worked for it. You cannot deny the individual importance of these characters and their progress to their specific individual, regardless of your perceived notion of ease of replacement.
Again my apologies, what do you mean by “pieces of character unlocks”? I can only assume you mean the noble team’s FF voices and they don’t do anything either. Also what exactly is increasing in value here?! Your post makes no sense.

To return to the point of the thread, can anyone affected by the recruit glitch reply here and state whether or not the stats you earn during games when you’re a recruit count towards your service record, or do they not register? If that’s the case and they’re not being accrued I wouldn’t play either but if the glitch is simply affecting your armor and rank - both of which mean nothing - I’d continue to play if I were you and didn’t care about the servers routinely dropping games.
Dirty nurse. He doesn’t mean noble six’s voice options he means helmets/Gear you can earn via waypoint & other activities gear that adds depth to gameplay (CQB, Security, Military police). There are also exclusive items like flames & recon helmet upgrades, they add value to your spartan sentimental value that is. While it doesn’t impact player experience it allows creativity. I’ll give you an example if you are role-playing as an ODST then allowing people to change gear is impactful and important, to the players experience. Having a glitch that doesn’t allow people to get creative with their armor destroys a key element implemented in to the game. It’s pretty easy to understand if your not a basic bot.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
D0GSU wrote:
D0GSU wrote:

Again my apologies, what do you mean by “pieces of character unlocks”? I can only assume you mean the noble team’s FF voices and they don’t do anything either. Also what exactly is increasing in value here?! Your post makes no sense.

To return to the point of the thread, can anyone affected by the recruit glitch reply here and state whether or not the stats you earn during games when you’re a recruit count towards your service record, or do they not register? If that’s the case and they’re not being accrued I wouldn’t play either but if the glitch is simply affecting your armor and rank - both of which mean nothing - I’d continue to play if I were you and didn’t care about the servers routinely dropping games.
My account has had this recruit glitch since May 16th. I have an "offline credit limit" whenever I look at my stats after every game. Ill finish a Team Swat with 25 kills and afterwards the game insists im offline even though im playing with other people. Can't level up whatsoever.
vCopp wrote:
D0GSU wrote:
D0GSU wrote:

My account has had this recruit glitch since May 16th. I have an "offline credit limit" whenever I look at my stats after every game. Ill finish a Team Swat with 25 kills and afterwards the game insists im offline even though im playing with other people. Can't level up whatsoever.
Those 25 kills, do they get added to your service record at all? If not, I’d certainly be peeved about this situation too as there’d be no point in playing at all. Not getting the Cr and ranking up doesn’t matter at all seeing as how rank doesn’t reflect skill in any way, just the amount of games you’ve played. That’s why I commented the way I did above - neither rank nor armor affect your prowess at all no matter what combinations you use but the loss of your accumulated stats from playing would make those games you were in pointless.

As for the other topics mentioned recently in this thread(such as the absolutely ludicrous comment about “role play” in an FPS) feel free to create another post asking about these things and leave this thread strictly devoted to the matchmaking issues affecting some users.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8