Forums / Support / Legacy Halo Support

Halo reach service issue [343 Response]

OP N8L6

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8
PSA: Reach, Halo 3, ODST Maintenance 5/29 - 5/30
Quote:
  • WHAT: Halo 3, ODST, and Reach Maintenance - ALL ONLINE SERVICES UNAVAILABLE
  • WHEN: 5/29 9AM PT until approx. 5/30 9 AM PT (24 hours)
  • WHY: This is the final step in ongoing work the team has been doing to migrate and update Halo legacy services and hardware.
vCopp wrote:
D0GSU wrote:
D0GSU wrote:
I’m sorry, I’m a day-one player of Reach and I’m unsure about whatever “character” you’re talking about. Characters are features on, for example, single-player Final-Fantasy-type games...on a game like this it’s simply your own skill(or in team play, your team’s) against that of opposing players and/or teams.

I am with you though, and due to the now over 8-month-old server inadequacies I adamantly refuse to purchase anything from 343. Any original player such as myself that has followed the game since day 1 can easily see the complete lack of care 343 has had for Reach and the other legacy titles in general(except, of course, for the TU which tried to combat the handicap settings that Bungie somehow thought were a good idea).
Don’t Know about you but I consider my spartan a character, I worked hard for my waypoint gear and I put time into customising my armor. I roleplay with my buddy’s and we are all individuals when it comes to gear. Reach and halo 3 have always had the option to customise your gear allowing you to build your own “Characters”. Not to mention in the campaign you play as six. And he looks however you’d like him to look, this recruit glitch stops you from being able to customise your gear and it hurts the community.
The various armor pieces-even the unlockable and exclusive ones-mean nothing as they don’t impact gameplay at all whatsoever. An old Reach player could create a new gamertag and play their first game on it right now against a day-1 player like myself with all of the useless waypoint armor, haunted helmet, and blue flames and it wouldn’t make any difference at all. The concept of a “character” in a game like this makes no sense; it’s simply your skill against that of your opponents’ and armor choice simply doesn’t factor into that at all.

As for your previous post about the servers, yeah, you’re right, they’re doing nothing to address them. If they were, they’d respond to even one of the various posts about them that have cropped up this year.

Oh, and off-topic, Stckrboy is right, don’t double post and also try to stay on-topic here as these types of offenses can get you banned if you repeat them.
There are pieces of character unlocks not available to just anyone restarting day-one, and they increase in value as the years go on. Simply put, characters mean something to the individual because they themselves worked for it. You cannot deny the individual importance of these characters and their progress to their specific individual, regardless of your perceived notion of ease of replacement.
Again my apologies, what do you mean by “pieces of character unlocks”? I can only assume you mean the noble team’s FF voices and they don’t do anything either. Also what exactly is increasing in value here?! Your post makes no sense.

To return to the point of the thread, can anyone affected by the recruit glitch reply here and state whether or not the stats you earn during games when you’re a recruit count towards your service record, or do they not register? If that’s the case and they’re not being accrued I wouldn’t play either but if the glitch is simply affecting your armor and rank - both of which mean nothing - I’d continue to play if I were you and didn’t care about the servers routinely dropping games.
My account has had this recruit glitch since May 16th. I have an "offline credit limit" whenever I look at my stats after every game. Ill finish a Team Swat with 25 kills and afterwards the game insists im offline even though im playing with other people. Can't level up whatsoever.
Those 25 kills, do they get added to your service record at all? If not, I’d certainly be peeved about this situation too as there’d be no point in playing at all. Not getting the Cr and ranking up doesn’t matter at all seeing as how rank doesn’t reflect skill in any way, just the amount of games you’ve played. That’s why I commented the way I did above - neither rank nor armor affect your prowess at all no matter what combinations you use but the loss of your accumulated stats from playing would make those games you were in pointless.

As for the other topics mentioned recently in this thread(such as the absolutely ludicrous comment about “role play” in an FPS) feel free to create another post asking about these things and leave this thread strictly devoted to the matchmaking issues affecting some users.
My stats aren't updating at all. I am unable to even view my service record through the Halo reach game. To view my stats I have to go through the Halo Waypoint app on the 360. My stats seem to be showing what they were before my account got all funky and will not update. Im assuming its because the game thinks Im offline (which I am not)? Ive tried close to everything from deleting my account and re-downloading it, along with the game itself. Now don't forget I can play online perfectly fine and get into games no problem. It is just that my stats and character will not update/show. Very annoying bug. Hoping I can enjoy this game again soon.
vCopp wrote:
vCopp wrote:
D0GSU wrote:
D0GSU wrote:
I’m sorry, I’m a day-one player of Reach and I’m unsure about whatever “character” you’re talking about. Characters are features on, for example, single-player Final-Fantasy-type games...on a game like this it’s simply your own skill(or in team play, your team’s) against that of opposing players and/or teams.

I am with you though, and due to the now over 8-month-old server inadequacies I adamantly refuse to purchase anything from 343. Any original player such as myself that has followed the game since day 1 can easily see the complete lack of care 343 has had for Reach and the other legacy titles in general(except, of course, for the TU which tried to combat the handicap settings that Bungie somehow thought were a good idea).
Don’t Know about you but I consider my spartan a character, I worked hard for my waypoint gear and I put time into customising my armor. I roleplay with my buddy’s and we are all individuals when it comes to gear. Reach and halo 3 have always had the option to customise your gear allowing you to build your own “Characters”. Not to mention in the campaign you play as six. And he looks however you’d like him to look, this recruit glitch stops you from being able to customise your gear and it hurts the community.
The various armor pieces-even the unlockable and exclusive ones-mean nothing as they don’t impact gameplay at all whatsoever. An old Reach player could create a new gamertag and play their first game on it right now against a day-1 player like myself with all of the useless waypoint armor, haunted helmet, and blue flames and it wouldn’t make any difference at all. The concept of a “character” in a game like this makes no sense; it’s simply your skill against that of your opponents’ and armor choice simply doesn’t factor into that at all.

As for your previous post about the servers, yeah, you’re right, they’re doing nothing to address them. If they were, they’d respond to even one of the various posts about them that have cropped up this year.

Oh, and off-topic, Stckrboy is right, don’t double post and also try to stay on-topic here as these types of offenses can get you banned if you repeat them.
There are pieces of character unlocks not available to just anyone restarting day-one, and they increase in value as the years go on. Simply put, characters mean something to the individual because they themselves worked for it. You cannot deny the individual importance of these characters and their progress to their specific individual, regardless of your perceived notion of ease of replacement.
Again my apologies, what do you mean by “pieces of character unlocks”? I can only assume you mean the noble team’s FF voices and they don’t do anything either. Also what exactly is increasing in value here?! Your post makes no sense.

To return to the point of the thread, can anyone affected by the recruit glitch reply here and state whether or not the stats you earn during games when you’re a recruit count towards your service record, or do they not register? If that’s the case and they’re not being accrued I wouldn’t play either but if the glitch is simply affecting your armor and rank - both of which mean nothing - I’d continue to play if I were you and didn’t care about the servers routinely dropping games.
My account has had this recruit glitch since May 16th. I have an "offline credit limit" whenever I look at my stats after every game. Ill finish a Team Swat with 25 kills and afterwards the game insists im offline even though im playing with other people. Can't level up whatsoever.
Those 25 kills, do they get added to your service record at all? If not, I’d certainly be peeved about this situation too as there’d be no point in playing at all. Not getting the Cr and ranking up doesn’t matter at all seeing as how rank doesn’t reflect skill in any way, just the amount of games you’ve played. That’s why I commented the way I did above - neither rank nor armor affect your prowess at all no matter what combinations you use but the loss of your accumulated stats from playing would make those games you were in pointless.

As for the other topics mentioned recently in this thread(such as the absolutely ludicrous comment about “role play” in an FPS) feel free to create another post asking about these things and leave this thread strictly devoted to the matchmaking issues affecting some users.
My stats aren't updating at all. I am unable to even view my service record through the Halo reach game. To view my stats I have to go through the Halo Waypoint app on the 360. My stats seem to be showing what they were before my account got all funky and will not update. Im assuming its because the game thinks Im offline (which I am not)? Ive tried close to everything from deleting my account and re-downloading it, along with the game itself. Now don't forget I can play online perfectly fine and get into games no problem. It is just that my stats and character will not update/show. Very annoying bug. Hoping I can enjoy this game again soon.
That’s awful, sorry to hear it. At least you’re able to get into games but even that sucks as your stats aren’t accumulating. I haven’t played much in the last week but the last time I did, while all of my online friends seemed fine non-recruit wise, I did stumble upon a few that got put into the handful of FF games I played. Hopefully when(I should say if) this situation is remedied the games you have played will register and your stats will update accordingly. Oh and don’t worry about trying to delete your account and redownload it, I don’t see as how that would help anything.

Actually check out the first stickied post above - servers are gonna be down for a couple days in order to hopefully repair them.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I go into matchmaking & it just says "Loading... 0%" & doesn't change. Can we expect matchmaking to be working again?
I go into matchmaking & it just says "Loading... 0%" & doesn't change. Can we expect matchmaking to be working again?
Same for me too. Just tried playing and its stuck at "loading...0%"
I go into matchmaking & it just says "Loading... 0%" & doesn't change. Can we expect matchmaking to be working again?
Cobra J24 wrote:
I go into matchmaking & it just says "Loading... 0%" & doesn't change. Can we expect matchmaking to be working again?
Same for me too. Just tried playing and its stuck at "loading...0%"
See my post at the top of this page
stckrboy wrote:
I go into matchmaking & it just says "Loading... 0%" & doesn't change. Can we expect matchmaking to be working again?
Cobra J24 wrote:
I go into matchmaking & it just says "Loading... 0%" & doesn't change. Can we expect matchmaking to be working again?
Same for me too. Just tried playing and its stuck at "loading...0%"
See my post at the top of this page
So the servers are being fixed? & they will be back up for sure?
<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>
So the servers are being fixed? & they will be back up for sure?
That's something only 343 can answer after their maintenance work has been completed
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content or bypass the profanity filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
New Response: Is anyone here still have an issue with trying to get their rank and character to transfer over on Halo Reach still? I cannot get credits and it's not counting towards my credits, and I am also having a hard time connecting to people's games and multiplayer. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD 343 PLEASE FIX THE HALO REACH SERVERS! However, please keep us updated when the servers are back online, thank you!

Xbox Gamertag: Darthh Grievous
stckrboy wrote:
PSA: Reach, Halo 3, ODST Maintenance 5/29 - 5/30
Quote:
  • WHAT: Halo 3, ODST, and Reach Maintenance - ALL ONLINE SERVICES UNAVAILABLE
  • WHEN: 5/29 9AM PT until approx. 5/30 9 AM PT (24 hours)
  • WHY: This is the final step in ongoing work the team has been doing to migrate and update Halo legacy services and hardware.
Good to hear, lets hope that this ongoing fix is a definitive one
stckrboy wrote:
PSA: Reach, Halo 3, ODST Maintenance 5/29 - 5/30
Quote:
  • WHAT: Halo 3, ODST, and Reach Maintenance - ALL ONLINE SERVICES UNAVAILABLE
  • WHEN: 5/29 9AM PT until approx. 5/30 9 AM PT (24 hours)
  • WHY: This is the final step in ongoing work the team has been doing to migrate and update Halo legacy services and hardware.
Good to hear, lets hope that this ongoing fix is a definitive one
I hope so too, thanks 343 for finally pushing this one out.
im keen to get back on my profile and extra keen to be able
to change my gear. 😄😄😄
Ok, as of right now. The "Offline" glitch for me is gone and I am able to play matchmaking. My Character's armor, rank, and stats are all still there as well. It seems to be fixed on my end? I live in Riverside, CA in the Southern Californian region. However it seems to be a ghost town right now. Team Snipers (My primary game mode) has only 24 players online apparently. I'm glad matchmaking is back and I'm glad my Character's still here (Even though nothing dissapeard in the first place for me). Halo Reach is my all time favorite game and I created a whole enitre lore that fits in with the actual Halo Universe for my Character. It's bumming to know that in Halo: MCCs version of Halo Reach that my armor and stats will be gone. I'm a day one Halo Reach player, and I worked hard for the stats and armor I got. I hope they find a way to transfer all of that. If not, I guess this means I gotta grind again. I'm soo down to take on the new nubs. :D
Nope. Two of my accounts are still screwed up. Also, five of my friends still have this issue. It's not fixed for everyone yet.
Noas vadum wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Ruiner13 wrote:
Edit: just tried again on Friday morning 5/24/19 and it’s working!! There are not a lot of people online but I just finished a firefight... hooray!!
That's promising, anyone else able to confirm the same?
me. i played it 1 hour ago and it works good. for the ones that have this problem, uninstall and reinstall the game, and thats it
Im Playing with a CD ;-;
it doesnt matter. take out the cd, uninstall the game and reinstall it with the disc, i have it in cd too
Nope. Two of my accounts are still screwed up. Also, five of my friends still have this issue. It's not fixed for everyone yet.
Gosh, that's odd. I must be lucky than. I hope your issues get resolved soon. Explains why its a ghost town right now.
Issue isn’t fixed yet, they said it’s going to be completely updated and rolled out at 9:00. AM PT. Stay patient and hope that everything will be fixed this week evening (Aussies).
Noas vadum wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Ruiner13 wrote:
Edit: just tried again on Friday morning 5/24/19 and it’s working!! There are not a lot of people online but I just finished a firefight... hooray!!
That's promising, anyone else able to confirm the same?
me. i played it 1 hour ago and it works good. for the ones that have this problem, uninstall and reinstall the game, and thats it
Im Playing with a CD ;-;
it doesnt matter. take out the cd, uninstall the game and reinstall it with the disc, i have it in cd too
Already did that multiple times before the fix, im going to try tomorrow in the morning.
Noas vadum wrote:
Noas vadum wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Ruiner13 wrote:
Edit: just tried again on Friday morning 5/24/19 and it’s working!! There are not a lot of people online but I just finished a firefight... hooray!!
That's promising, anyone else able to confirm the same?
me. i played it 1 hour ago and it works good. for the ones that have this problem, uninstall and reinstall the game, and thats it
Im Playing with a CD ;-;
it doesnt matter. take out the cd, uninstall the game and reinstall it with the disc, i have it in cd too
Already did that multiple times before the fix, im going to try tomorrow in the morning.
Read the post at the top of the page genius.. smh
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8