Forums / Support / Legacy Halo Support

Ongoing Reach server issues since 9/18

OP Dirty Nurse

Matchmaking aborted. An error occurred during co-op play. Teammates - even ones in your own party - dropping once games are found. Games configuring without an entire team. I’ve even got booted from searching in score attack...

This has been Halo Reach since September of last year. While one(to my knowledge, least) 343 employee that apparently works on the servers a few months ago stated that repairs were still ongoing, we since have heard nothing and the game still suffers from all of these issues. When are we going to get another response other than locking threads with no explanation?

I understand that hiccups will occasionally occur but this has gone on far too long. With Reach coming to the MCC later this year what incentive do we have to invest money into it when server issues seem to plague even the newer games like halo 5?
I was actually able to play firefight 2 games in a row last night with a full party without someone dropping. Little laggy, but hey, ill take it.
I was actually able to play firefight 2 games in a row last night with a full party without someone dropping. Little laggy, but hey, ill take it.
I’ve noticed it seems to go in spurts - you’ll get a few full games in a row once in a while then you’ll experience aborts/dropped players for twice that many games. Since you’re running with a full party you probably have a better chance at a full game configuring to due the shorter overall search time compared to someone like me that searches alone.

Still awaiting a 343 response here about why the servers have been this way for the better part of a year now...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I’ve noticed it seems to go in spurts - you’ll get a few full games in a row once in a while then you’ll experience aborts/dropped players for twice that many games. Since you’re running with a full party you probably have a better chance at a full game configuring to due the shorter overall search time compared to someone like me that searches alone.

Still awaiting a 343 response here about why the servers have been this way for the better part of a year now...
From experience, full parties seem more likely to have the lobby reset back to searching or have people lag out than those who are searching solo. I'm not sure either way is really faster overall.

From experience, full parties seem more likely to have the lobby reset back to searching or have people lag out than those who are searching solo. I'm not sure either way is really faster overall.
I was strictly referring to firefight where games with four players should configure almost immediately; due to 343’s server maintenance ineptitude I haven’t searched multiplayer matchmaking in a full party since early fall.
Seems maybe they are totally focused on reach for the mcc 😣