Forums / Support / Legacy Halo Support

Please Fix Reach/Legacy Halo Servers

OP Depluralize

The issues on Reach's matchmaking servers persist. I have heard that they persist for Halo 3 and 4 as well. On Reach, these issues include:
  • Search repeatedly restarting, occasionally even when all players for the match have been found
  • Receiving the "MATCHMAKING ABORTED" error and being returned to menu for no reason
  • Parties getting separated or dissolved entirely during search
  • Getting disconnected or put into a game alone
Finding even a single match can now take quite a while due to the issues above.

I remember that there was some fix done around the 19th of March in response to extreme matchmaking issues. This fix seemed to briefly improve matchmaking behavior to normal. However, as others have already said, the servers have deteriorated back to these issues.

343i: Please fix these issues. While Reach may be old, it's only fair to the Reach community to maintain the server functionality, ideally for a while into the future, but at the very least until the MCC Reach version is released and ready. If the servers truly cannot be maintained, then please, acknowledge it and let us know. Thank you.
Don’t hold your breath waiting for a reply, I’ve been asking this same thing for months. Since my threads always get locked here I posted a similar one in the legacy support forum yesterday and am curious to see what - if any - response I get. What a poor way for 343 to promote Reach coming to the MCC when they can’t even make the original work properly.
Don’t hold your breath waiting for a reply, I’ve been asking this same thing for months. Since my threads always get locked here I posted a similar one in the legacy support forum yesterday and am curious to see what - if any - response I get. What a poor way for 343 to promote Reach coming to the MCC when they can’t even make the original work properly.
"Don’t hold your breath waiting for a reply..."

You've definitely got that right. Those words will keep people alive around here...
The issues on Reach's matchmaking servers persist. I have heard that they persist for Halo 3 and 4 as well. On Reach, these issues include:
  • Search repeatedly restarting, occasionally even when all players for the match have been found
  • Receiving the "MATCHMAKING ABORTED" error and being returned to menu for no reason

I remember that there was some fix done around the 19th of March in response to extreme matchmaking issues. This fix seemed to briefly improve matchmaking behavior to normal. However, as others have already said, the servers have deteriorated back to these issues.

343i: Please fix these issues. While Reach may be old, it's only fair to the Reach community to maintain the server functionality, ideally for a while into the future, but at the very least until the MCC Reach version is released and ready. If the servers truly cannot be maintained, then please, acknowledge it and let us know. Thank you.
343 please have a regular server maintenance for Reach and any other Legacy Halo title having the same issue it helps make the game playable and more enjoyable. It is not fair to these separate communities problems to be ignored, or be forced to purchase the MCC just to play the game they already own properly. Furthermore it is unacceptable for you guys not respond to these certain communities when they ask you for an update on the Halo legacy titles multiplayer servers status, and if you are working on fixing this issue that hasn't been fixed in months. You are doing a bad job on keeping your Halo legacy Backwards compat. communities happy with the games that you are responsible for.
I've been wondering if the legacy titles are going to return to normal for a while now. Reach still has a decent population and I think it's only fair to repair it. I know its old and getting tougher to keep maintaining these games, but if the community is still onboard, why not repair it? Halo 4 is almost impossible to play online anymore, and I've been hoping for it to get fixed for some time now. I played reach a lot lately, and it has its issues from time to time. Please 343, don't abandon us over here.

343 please have a regular server maintenance for Reach and any other Legacy Halo title having the same issue it helps make the game playable and more enjoyable. It is not fair to these separate communities problems to be ignored, or be forced to purchase the MCC just to play the game they already own properly. Furthermore it is unacceptable for you guys not respond to these certain communities when they ask you for an update on the Halo legacy titles multiplayer servers status, and if you are working on fixing this issue that hasn't been fixed in months. You are doing a bad job on keeping your Halo legacy Backwards compat. communities happy with the games that you are responsible for.
I concur, and I for one will not be spending a dime on any further releases from them. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing Reach since the night of its release and with the impending port of the game on MCC, their complete lack of response on something as basic as server upkeep serves as an incredibly poor way to garner interest in any of their endeavors.

Like you said, this feels like a ploy by 343 to alienate the players of the original game and drive them into purchasing their newer release. It’s pretty clear at this point, after having no official response on the topic since January, that 343 has no desire to rectify the situation.

I don’t own an XB1 and haven’t played any post-halo4 games but I’ve heard that they have been suffering from server-oriented issues lately. Not to mention, MCC was a complete disaster for quite some time after it was initially released. I see absolutely no reason to invest in a newer version of Reach considering 343s track record up to this point.