Forums / Support / Legacy Halo Support

Spartan Assault - Achievements Won't Register

OP Gamer 117343

Hello,

I am completing my copy of the Windows version of Spartan Assault as well, and the last three achievements: Silvertip, A for Effort, and Extra Credit will not register.

The latter two are a bit more problematic as I've already completed the mission challenges in the Xbox One version of the game, and this progress transferred over. Is there a fix for these achievements.

Also, for silvertip, I've gone through F-2 numerous times and destroyed every Mega Turret with the Grizzly. Is there a known bug for this achievement as well? Do I need to contain the explosion on screen for them to register?
Have a look at the TrueAchievements page for SA for Windows 8. There is a note which says, "Currently, weekly challenges are no longer available. This means players who have completed Extra Credit and/or A for Effort on other versions, will not be able to earn those achievements."
Thank you for the heads up! Saw a comment through the hyperlink referencing a rather unorthodox way to unlock this - I had to delete my save data for Spartan Assault saved on my computer, start a fresh one offline, and then sync it to allow myself more challenges in the game for the achievements. I should be able to grab them now, but I haven't worked up through the game again to actually complete 75 challenges and all Mission F challenges.
Thank you for the heads up! Saw a comment through the hyperlink referencing a rather unorthodox way to unlock this - I had to delete my save data for Spartan Assault saved on my computer, start a fresh one offline, and then sync it to allow myself more challenges in the game for the achievements. I should be able to grab them now, but I haven't worked up through the game again to actually complete 75 challenges and all Mission F challenges.
Glad you found that. Looks like there are some issues with “Silvertip” as well so you might be able to get that to unlock properly using one of the guides posted. Hope the achievements unlock for you :-)
tuhin94 wrote:
Glad you found that. Looks like there are some issues with “Silvertip” as well so you might be able to get that to unlock properly using one of the guides posted. Hope the achievements unlock for you :-)
Got Silvertip! Loaded up my complete save, and went through the mission first clearing out all enemies save for the turrets with a Scorpion. Then I went back, grabbed the Grizzly and only used the cannon to take down the mega turrets - got it as soon as the 4th one blew up!
tuhin94 wrote:
Got Silvertip! Loaded up my complete save, and went through the mission first clearing out all enemies save for the turrets with a Scorpion. Then I went back, grabbed the Grizzly and only used the cannon to take down the mega turrets - got it as soon as the 4th one blew up!
Nice! Congrats :-) Good to hear it unlocked.
tuhin94 wrote:
An update for the record: Finally completed all Mission F Challenges, and A for Effort unlocked!

Word of warning though - Yesterday I had an issue where both my copies of Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike acted up, and would give me an error saying I needed to sign in with the account I purchased the content with, despite that being the only account I ever used. Despite doing everything I possibly could to resolve it myself yesterday, nothing worked - save for waiting until today to try again. Then, the game launched normally today. Not sure what was different, or if messing with the saves caused this issue - but thought I should mention it.

Second - keep a backup of your progress with the new save in a separate folder, in case it gets overridden. I was between challenges and went to the main menu to check the assault ops menu, but I went back too many times and accidentally signed out. When I signed back in, Spartan Assault downloaded my record from waypoint instead of loading the new save, and overrode it. I did make a backup before starting mission F, but this meant I had to go back and do it all over again.

Anyways, I'm off to work on "Extra Credit", and this should be my last update on the topic unless something goes wrong! [Hopefully, there won't be any issues.]
OPX can you walk me through making a backup of my save files on PC? A little while ago I began wondering whether I would run into this same problem between my 360, PC, and One saves of SA. I figure my best bet will be following your lead.
Where can I find the local saved data on my computer? Can you give me the route please? Because I tried to find it on the files and I couldn't find it.