Forums / Support / Halo 4 Support

[Locked] Unable to play H4 online

OP Fanpaku

Hello there,

I get kicked out of mm since about three weeks or so, no matter which game type I'm searching games for, whilst receiving the ever same error message thereafter:

"You appear to have lost your connection to Xbox LIVE. You must be connected to Xbox LIVE to play."

Every other Halo title or installed game in general works perfectly fine. It's only H4. Plus, I am properly connected to XBL. No issues at all.

And there are players online currently playing (albeit no longer 300-500 addicted H4 fans but sadly merely 50 living fossils in BTB...) so it can hardly be due to the servers potentially being shut down either, since nobody would then be able to play online at all. Think of it.

Anybody else facing this particular issue? Any possible solutions?

I have, of course, already reported that problem.

It is just that I'd love so very much to play BTB again!

Best regards and stay sane everybody,

Fanpaku
Get this error after every game or before I can even get in. All the time for the past few months.
ericdk wrote:
Get this error after every game or before I can even get in. All the time for the past few months.
Exactly.

For months even? Wow ... that really sounds like bad news.

So, how come some people are able to play online while others are not? I mean, were it due to some particular server issues, then nobody should be able to access mm.
I have the same problem too
Just go to network and make sure it's fine. If it's "Unknown", you'll need to restart your game. Other than that, you should be fine.
gage09 wrote:
Just go to network and make sure it's fine. If it's "Unknown", you'll need to restart your game. Other than that, you should be fine.
The network status has never been anything else but wired, i.e. via a CAT7 Ethernet cable, at an Internet speed of 150 mbit/s down- and 10 mbit/s upstream, comprising a static IPv4, an MTU of 1480, a regular status code (0x00000000), an open NAT with all services being available, 0% package loss, and a ping of usually 25-30 ms, all on my four-year-old Xbox One. Nothing has changed ever since H4 had been installed once running just perfectly fine, both SP- and MP-wise. Therefore, I don't understand what's changed that.
Oh, by the way, H4's MP is still unattainable, at least for me, because, according to H4's war games lobby, there are 31 players in TS, 228 players in BTB, and 50 players in SWAT right now. 😪

I retried immediately, and, all of a sudden, I could connect to a--however very laggy-- match in BTB on Ragnarok ... at last!

Let's see how long it'll work!
I have the exact same issue, nothing so far has helped: clearing cache, re-downloading profile, manually opening ports. Fix this Microsoft.