Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Other Support

[Locked] Banned for having an emoji

OP TheDamdDino

Hi, I got banned around Halloween of 2020 for having an emoji in my username(just a pumpkin emoji) I got warned kicked and banned by the moderation bot, for no exact reason what was wrong in my username in the first place. I also had a friend look through the server list, and there is a lot of people who have emojis next to their names including different characters. I did not have any bad intentions on the server what so ever. Thanks.

Discord User:TheDamdDino#9545
User ID: 272897921484324864
Hey OP, so just to clear some things up - you weren't banned for having an emoji in your name. At the time your discord name used a font that was unsearchable and untaggable if you weren't recently in chat. We asked you to update that per the rules of the server and you failed to do.

Having chatted with the team we have agreed to unban your account on the conditions that you agree to follow the rules and listen to/follow the requests of server staff. I'll arrange for the account to be unbanned once you post back. Thanks
stckrboy wrote:
Hey OP, so just to clear some things up - you weren't banned for having an emoji in your name. At the time your discord name used a font that was unsearchable and untaggable if you weren't recently in chat. We asked you to update that per the rules of the server and you failed to do.

Having chatted with the team we have agreed to unban your account on the conditions that you agree to follow the rules and listen to/follow the requests of server staff. I'll arrange for the account to be unbanned once you post back. Thanks
Ok thanks, it must have been one of those discord fonts. I was confused because I was able to tag my name when I had it, but Its ok, my username is in normal font now.
Ok, I've unbanned your account now and you should be able to re-join the server.
Im back on, thanks for the help.