Forums / Support / Other Support

False YouTube Copyright Claims Plaguing Halo Music

OP RPG445

About 2 months ago I made a thread called "WMG YOUTUBE COPYRIGHT CLAIM ON 117 FROM HALO 4". Where I called out a faulty copyright claim on some Halo 4 music. But it appears it has gotten worse since then. Recently I tried to upload a play-through of the Halo Reach campaign on MCC for the PC. Everything was going well until the final part got slammed by a faulty automated copyright claim by "[Merlin] Redeye Distribution On behalf of: Sumthing Else" claiming the music that played during the cut scenes. And suddenly every part of the play-through got claimed, and afraid more of my videos would get claimed I deleted the play-through off my YouTube channel. I'm not the only person who this has been affected by this. I know some people who got claimed during the MCC main menu music. If I ever were to revisit these campaigns on my channel, is there anything I can do to prevent these claims from appearing again? If I turned off music in game, would it mute the music during cut scenes?
I can confirm that UMPG, CMRRA and Redeye Distribution won't stop falsely claiming the videos and streams on YouTube.
Both Frank and Ske7ch said they've been trying to contact YouTube about this but apparently there's no progress.
I'm 100% sure these companies don't represent Microsoft or 343i in any way, specially when 343i outright tells us we're free to stream to "your heart's delight" anything Halo related.

I've contacted YouTube Partner support and they've escalated my issue to an internal team, let's hope something is done about this because it's ridiculuous.
I just recently started getting these claims on my videos too. This would be illegal for them to do this since they do not own the music of Halo. At first I thought it was Legit until I did more research.
I just recently started getting these claims on my videos too. This would be illegal for them to do this since they do not own the music of Halo. At first I thought it was Legit until I did more research.
Is it safe to dispute these claims? Does disputing through the youtube tool actually do anything?
Red-eye just claimed some of Reach's music on a video Marty posted....
https://twitter.com/MartyTheElder/status/1238877014880219137?s=19
Just shows you how terrible the YouTube copyright claim system. Even the original creator isn't safe from that BS claiming system.

Those same clowns have been claiming my Reach videos for over 2 weeks now and they're not stopping even though I keep disputing the claims.
Marty's publisher claimed copyright on all but a handful of Speedruns from HCE onward. The rest were claimed by a German company which supplied a sound fx which was basically a stock button sfx or door opening sfx.
It is safe to dispute all these claims, they have no legal grounds to do these. All my claims were removed after my first dispute and mails to their contact email, some may take more time than others though.
But yeah, please dispute all the claims. If they're disputed enough times and proven to be false, YouTube will take action or at least they'll whitelist you. Also contact YouTube support with screenshots and explaining who really owns the rights to do these claims (343i, Microsoft only).