[Locked] Halo 4 Achievement Issues

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 93
We are aware that a small percentage of players are experiencing issues with some DLC-related achievements. These achievements are as follows:

• Ashes to Ashes
  • Clever Girl
  • Bird of Prey
  • Pigs Can Fly
  • Size is Everything
  • Hello Nurse!
We are currently investigating these achievements and will use this thread to provide updates, when appropriate.

Please remember the support section is for posts either alerting our team to potential bugs or providing details that will assist us with the investigation. If you'd like to discuss this topic but do not have additional information to contribute, please do so in the appropriate section of the forum. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Thank you for acknowledging this issue. I hope that it is able to be resolved. I don't know all of the logistics or whatever, but since Ashes to Ashes is cumulative, could you guys not use Waypoint, or some other stat tracking service, to see which players have met the requirements for this achievement and unlock it for those that do and aren't recorded as getting the achievement already? I'd imagine that about 90% of the people that this is glitched for have already gotten way more than the minimum amount of kills for this since they most likely have been trying repeatedly to get it to unlock and that would seem like a simple solution. I would imagine the only thing to worry about would be if you guys unlocked it for someone that had gotten enough kills but not enough disintegrations, but I can't imagine someone being in that range since this has been available for so long now. Even if that did happen, I doubt any of those gamers would complain about getting a 10 point achievement unlocked early, and if any did, they would be greatly outnumbered by the amount of us who would be celebrating the fact that the achievement was fixed
Quote:
Thank you for acknowledging this issue. I hope that it is able to be resolved. I don't know all of the logistics or whatever, but since Ashes to Ashes is cumulative, could you guys not use Waypoint, or some other stat tracking service, to see which players have met the requirements for this achievement and unlock it for those that do and aren't recorded as getting the achievement already? I'd imagine that about 90% of the people that this is glitched for have already gotten way more than the minimum amount of kills for this since they most likely have been trying repeatedly to get it to unlock and that would seem like a simple solution. I would imagine the only thing to worry about would be if you guys unlocked it for someone that had gotten enough kills but not enough disintegrations, but I can't imagine someone being in that range since this has been available for so long now. Even if that did happen, I doubt any of those gamers would complain about getting a 10 point achievement unlocked early, and if any did, they would be greatly outnumbered by the amount of us who would be celebrating the fact that the achievement was fixed
Same for those with Size is Everything. My waypoint stats indicate over 80 turret kills on Shatter. Yes I understand that waypoint does not indicate if it is a detached turret, but I know most are as I constantly have been trying for the achievement. If it is only a small percent as 343 suggest it is, please help us on a per user basis who are asking for help.

It is nice to see the thread started by 343 acknowledging the issue. As a frustrated fan I consider this progress and am doing my best to patiently wait to see how this unfolds.
Thank-you. It has been since November 25th, since I posted the thread, "Patch Pigs Can Fly". Hopefully I and other people can unlock the 'Pigs Can Fly' achievement. For me, this is my last achievement I need to get in Halo 4. I have faith that this will get a solution, one way or another. Let's favourite this post!!!
The achievement "I See You!" isn't unlocking for me. Hopefully this can be fixed along with the rest of the achievements.
I would like to add "Sight Seeing" to that list.

I have every Halo 4 multiplayer achievement except for "Sight Seeing" and "Ashes to Ashes". I've done all the requirements multiple times now for both achievements. I've won on every castle map. I've lost on every castle map. I've gotten 10+ kills with every type of Promethean weapon on castle maps. They just won't unlock.
The list of glitched achievements is missing "I See You".

Also, the only reason only "a small percentage of players" is affected by this is because only a small percentage of players have the DLC, and only an even smaller percentage of matches is played on DLC maps, and only a small percentage of players that are trying to unlock the DLC achievements actually report issues here on the Waypoint forums. So, a more meaningful statement would be: "the majority of players currently trying to unlock one of the listed DLC achievements are experiencing issues".

For what it's worth, I've had "Bird of Prey" unlock after only four airsassinations on Majestic maps. I did have one airsassination from a non-Majestic map, Meltdown, from after the Champions Bundle TU (I only started playing last September), and my total airsassination medals are indeed five as shown on my Service Record. This would probably confirm Hurricane Matt's theory here.

Basically, here's an educated guess as to what is going on right now (possibly since after the Champions Bundle TU):

1. The achievement counters that track the progress of cumulative DLC achievements increment every time after performing the required action, on every map, even ones that are not from the DLC pack required for the achievement.
  2. Once the counter hits the threshold required for the achievement, a check is performed to determine whether the player is playing on a correct DLC map eligible for the achievement. If the check is successful, the achievement is unlocked, otherwise it stays locked.
  3. Now whenever the required action is performed again, on any map, the counter is either incremented beyond the threshold or it has been discarded altogether after the previous step. Either way, it becomes impossible to unlock the achievement.
If the above is correct then it means that you can earn progress towards a cumulative achievement on any map, but only unlock it if you actually complete it on a correct DLC map.

For completeness' sake you might want to add "Bigfoot" to the list of glitched achievements; MathGuy42 has explained here why people don't seem to be having issues with it even though it probably is glitched as well.
Agreed with Livven, this goes back to Hurricane Matt's and MathGuy42's posts from the old thread.

You covered all the facts in the new thread for everyone to see in a easily understandable post.

This theory seems to be the best one out there and appears to fit my issue with the Size is Everything achievement.
One other thing to add to Livvin's post, again just another educated guess based on what I have read from other posts, or from talking to other people in this situation.

It does appear to affect people after the Champions Bundle update, but perhaps only for those who have purchased or played on/or unlocked the any of the new achievements from the Champions Bundle. This might be the trigger as it adds the new achievements to the metadata on your Gamertag.

I believe that even today if you do not download or play on a console that has the Champions Maps unlocked you will not run into this issue as the metadata on your Gamertag will not show the new achievements at this point and your counters will not be affected.

The crux of it is, I think the problem is once you can see(and possibly unlock any of) the newest set of achievements with your Gamertag your accumulative DLC achievements are officially in jeopardy. I just hope you are on the right map at the right time or you will be hurting like the rest of us.
For me the "I see you!" majestic dlc achievement is not unlocking as well as ashes to ashes and clever girl.
Yes, 'I See You' is also a glitched achievement for some, including myself. It's great to see 343 acknowledging this issue. It's even better that the community here is sticking together and being persistent until the issue is involved. I'm with you guys 100%. Hopefully we'll all finally be able to complete this game soon.
Clever girl achievement is also glitched for me. Any updates?
I really hope 343 can fix this problem while we are still able to play the DLC maps. I wouldn't mind having to do the achievement again as long as I can still play the maps. All I need is Ashes to Ashes.
Just checking in to add my experience. Hello Nurse! glitched on me, making it the only achievement I still need in order to perfect Halo 4.
It would be really nice to be able to make use of the temporary team DLC playlist to get Ashes to Ashes. However I won't be able to do so unless this problem gets fixed.

These achievements have been glitched for months now, please fix them soon so I can get them in the playlist and so I don't have to get a big group together to have a prayer of getting a DLC map!
is sight seeing glitched too ???? i have not played on all castle maps but i want to make sure its addressed has anyone got this ????
Quote:
is sight seeing glitched too ???? i have not played on all castle maps but i want to make sure its addressed has anyone got this ????
If Sight Seeing is glitched, then it only is for some people. According to this: http://www.trueachievements.com/a175685/sight-seeing-achievement.htm the last tracked gamer to unlock it did so today. I unlocked it without any problems as well.
i gave you a thank for the post man well spoken its one of the three left i have to get ashes to ashes and pigs can fly are glitched for me sadly i thank you for your back round information
i need get ashes to ashes it´s glitched for me too, i killed with all forerunners weapons to do the achievement and nothing happened please patch soon
It (Sight Seeing)unlocked for me, but people have had issues with this one as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 93