Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Other Support

Halo Discord Ban Appeal Thread

OP Comedic Hermit

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So you wish to appeal your ban from the Official halo discord?

You may post your appeal in this thread; Your appeal should contain the following information
  • The banned account's tag: example Halo#0000
  • Your hidden ID#: This is the 18 digit number that identifies that account specifically. example 000000000000000000
    https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/206346498-Where-can-I-find-my-User-Server-Message-ID-
  • Your version of events: Tell us what happened in your own words. What happened? When was it? We'd rather you be honest and upfront about your reasons than beat around the bush.
  • Additional info you want the appeals team to know: This is what you want to tell the appeals team.
Do not post multiple times. You will receive a response when the team (or a designee) is able and not before. Repeatedly posting will not speed up the process.
Hi, I was hoping I could get a ban appeal from the Halo Discord server.
  • SirKingCaptainLordGandalf #7930
  • Hidden ID#: 221452049059938305
This all happened a couple months ago, so I can't recall a specific date from the top of my head.
Basically what happened was I'm just talking about the halo infinite gameplay we see for the first time with a bunch of people, and I guess someone thought we were being ridiculous and asked us how old we were. I jokingly said I'm 12 (although I'm not actually 12, I'm turning 22 in a month or so) alongside a few other people. I believe the moderation bots on the server saw that I posted this, and flagged me with a discord lock that can only be appealed by Discord themselves. I've been in contact with them to unlock my discord account through email, and they unlocked my account a week later.
With my discord account unlocked, I was hoping if is enough to be redeemed back into the Halo Discord server before Halo: Infinite comes out. I'm about to graduate in a few weeks, and I'm hoping to grind on some Halo with some friends afterwards too. Although I don't know the exact release date, I would like to be apart of the community there when Halo: Infinite releases. Thanks!
  • The banned account's tag: Kurt 051#0051
  • Your hidden ID#: 347969909877374976
  • Your version of events: Called someone out for abuse of power (please note this was about 2 years agoish) and was banned without warning or anything.
  • Additional info you want the appeals team to know: Zero idea why i was TRULY banned other than someone got salty I called them on abuse of their staff power in the server.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
disregard and delete my post.
If you wish to withdraw you're appeal that is fine, but your post won't be deleted.

Kurt T 051 wrote:
  • The banned account's tag: Kurt 051#0051
  • Your hidden ID#: 347969909877374976
  • Your version of events: Called someone out for abuse of power (please note this was about 2 years agoish) and was banned without warning or anything.
  • Additional info you want the appeals team to know: Zero idea why i was TRULY banned other than someone got salty I called them on abuse of their staff power in the server.
Your appeal was denied.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
Hello, I'd rally like to get back to the Halo Discord Server so I can continue to play my favourite with team comms.

CanonT6i#1155
Hidden ID#: 735574254350762014
What Happened: I said "mods are gay" and got a lifetime ban. I didn't really mean it, and it was meant to be a joke because at the time of the offense, that was a huge meme. My actions led me to stop maining this game (Halo) because let's be honest... What is this game without team comms? I'd really like to play Halo on PC again with this server community. I have never been banned from any other server, and think of myself as a good person. Mods aren't gay (only if they want to), mods are people, good people. Thank you
CanonT6i wrote:
Hello, I'd rally like to get back to the Halo Discord Server so I can continue to play my favourite with team comms.

CanonT6i#1155
What Happened: I said "mods are gay" and got a lifetime ban. I didn't really mean it, and it was meant to be a joke because at the time of the offense, that was a huge meme. My actions led me to stop maining this game (Halo) because let's be honest... What is this game without team comms? I'd really like to play Halo on PC again with this server community. I have never been banned from any other server, and think of myself as a good person. Mods aren't gay (only if they want to), mods are people, good people. Thank you
Bans for discriminatory content aren’t up for review at this time. You can check back in a few months to see if that’s changed
CanonT6i wrote:

CanonT6i#1155
Bans for discriminatory content aren’t up for review at this time. You can check back in a few months to see if that’s changed
I called some the N word on Reddit a few days ago and got a 3 day ban? lol come on.
CanonT6i wrote:
CanonT6i wrote:

CanonT6i#1155
I called some the N word on Reddit a few days ago and got a 3 day ban? lol come on.
You're not helping your case.
Hello.

Alright, so I got banned for being a creep to Snickerdoodle at various points during my tenure on the server.

I'm not asking for an appeal, not even gonna say it won't happen again, because who knows what the future will bring.

But I will say that I truly did not mean to come off as a creep. Think of me how you will, but it's the truth. I'm really impulsive.

So, I will accept my ban without issue.

Though I wasn't there all that often, I consider the mods and staff, and all the folks I interacted with, my friends. I wish them the best going forward.

Again, I never meant to be a creep. I've got poor impulse control.

Just being honest here.

Over and out.

- Sierra (D421 | G343 | A137)#2450
(Hidden ID: 648651163125940243)

PS: That one time I was obsessed with her is long over. Just because I was a creep then doesn't mean I was deliberately being one after... at least how I see it.
PPS: I suck at explaining.
PPPS: DM me a complete log of interactions, if at all possible, so I can see your version of events and explain my side of it properly.
SierraD421 wrote:
Hello. Alright, so I got banned for being a creep to Snickerdoodle at various points during my tenure on the server I'm not asking for an appeal,
The purpose of this thread is to appeal a ban from the discord. If you're not trying to appeal a ban, you shouldn't be posting here. As far as appealing a ban time should be thought of in months, not minutes.

Quote:
not even gonna say it won't happen again, because who knows what the future will bring.
That is more than a bit disturbing and isn't any where near okay. You were engaging in behavior that made some of the staff uncomfortable and myriad members of the staff and moderation team agreed was blatantly unacceptable. You were given a multitude of warnings to stop such behavior. That you won't say that you'll stop that behavior is concerning. People can and should learn from their (and other's) mistakes and this (or honestly your first warning) should have been a sign that you need to take a long hard look at yourself and your behavior. Acting 'creepy' or in a way that you know makes other's uncomfortable isn't okay.

SierraD421 wrote:
But I will say that I truly did not mean to come off as a creep. Think of me how you will, but it's the truth. I'm really impulsive. So, I will accept my ban without issue.
Again, I never meant to be a creep. I've got poor impulse control.
You may be impulsive, but you can work toward controlling your impulses. That doesn't make you're behavior okay. You can't say, "i've got anger issues" and continue to berate the people in your orbit. You need to take the time to work on your flaws. If you have poor impulse control, than try to fix that.

Quote:
Though I wasn't there all that often, I consider the mods and staff, and all the folks I interacted with, my friends. I wish them the best going forward.
Just being honest here.
Over and out.
- Sierra (D421 | G343 | A137)#2450
Friends are people you can count on to help you, hold you accountable, and help you better yourself. Friends are people who you trust and who trust you. People you choose to interact with and spend time with. It's a deep bond that takes a lot of time to build. Acquaintences would be a better choice of term.

Quote:
PS: That one time I was obsessed with her is long over. Just because I was a creep then doesn't mean I was deliberately being one after... at least how I see it.
PPS: I suck at explaining.
Being a creep or obsessing over someone isn't ever okay. This is one of those cases where your intention doesn't really matter. "I didn't mean to" doesn't change the fact that you did. Since you admit you were obsessed, you should consider consulting your gp and having them recommend someone for you to talk to in order to deal with the problematic behaviors. It would be in your best interest and would likely benefit those in your orbit.

Quote:
PPPS: DM me a complete log of interactions, if at all possible, so I can see your version of events and explain my side of it properly.
That's not going to happen. You had ample time and multiple warning in which you could've examined your behavior and tried to change. It isn't our responsibility to go through every single one of your actions and point out each instance of you crossing the line. You were warned at the time for some of it. Take some time; examine yourself. Take a long look at your behavior. Talk to someone who can help you do that.
Account ID : Rashala#4530
Hidden ID: 443279702107488257

My Version of Events: I made a single comment on the 343 Discord That was Inappropiate, That Honestly looking back on now with hindsight, could have been worded better if not tottally diffently to make what I intended to say without causing the issue that it did in its form. That comment being implying that fans might act in violent and dangerious ways towards 343.

This even occured near DEcember 14th of 2020 I cannto give an exact time closer than that as that is when my first appeal was made and denied,

Additional info.: I am making this appeal now on 4/10/.2021 (and will delete the thread I made as I missed this post at the time. But I would like the moderator staff to know, I am sorry for my comment and how now with the benefit of hindsight, can see it was extremely poorly worded and not in the best of taste. I would like the Moderation team to please take into account this incident was my first and only one and that no time frame for the ban. being temporary or permanent was never given. I would state that A permanent ban for a single first time offense is a bit harsh. If My appeal is considered and allowed the incident would never occur again, and I would understand that Any future incidents or events would carry even harsher and un-appealable punishments.
You literally threatened medieval mob torture deaths.

As I said the first time you asked, your ban will not be reversed.
You literally threatened medieval mob torture deaths.

As I said the first time you asked, your ban will not be reversed.
I did not Threaten that, I as I said before I was stating an opinion (if you would read the two to three other posts before mine) in reguards to 343 taking a long time in making halo infinite, That they were taking thier time because they knew that by rushing release the game the fan response would likely be extremely negative.

As I said Then and have said now, That looking back at what I wrote and what I had meant, that I could and should have worded my statement in a better manner. I fully accept that I made a Mistake, and am merely asking for a second chance , with full understanding that said second chance would be my last. I am not attempting to justify what was written, It was Poorly written and thought out, And when taken out of context of the conversation that was occurring when it was made, seems even worse than it was intended, I am merely asking for a chance to learn from and redeem myself of this mistake, as a permanent ban for a single mistake/action seems a tad overly extreme and If my ban is merely of a predetermined tiime I was never given it. I ask that instead of just automatically dismissing what I have said here in this post, that you please and honestly consider what I am requesting and have said,
  • Davie#2787
  • Was banned several months ago, possibly more from the Halo Discord. I was engaged with another member about joining a their clan, and was invited to their discord to play with them. I refused to conform to their standards so they banned me. I then responded with a private message saying something along the lines of -Yoink- you guys, though I cannot recall entirely. There was brief disagreements and an argument, but I was accused of using the N-word falsely in the private text chat, which a transcript was then sent to a moderator. The text was most likely inspect-elemented as that is simple to do to locally to modify existing messages. It also could have been photoshopped but I no longer have these records as far as I can find so I am not sure. For clarification what I received was a picture of a doctored conversation between me and a clan member sent to staff with a staff response.
  • Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. I can also clarify any info if needed. Just to re-state, this was all between two private message chats if I recall correctly, none of this was ever contained on the actual Halo Discord.
Thanks for looking at this!
There was brief disagreements and an argument, but I was accused of using the N-word falsely in the private text chat, which a transcript was then sent to a moderator. The text was most likely inspect-elemented as that is simple to do to locally to modify existing messages.
Having reviewed the screenshot of the conversation from our logs I can tell you the accusation isn't false, you made discriminatory comments towards other server members in that DM. The screenshot we have is from the Discord app itself on mobile, not something you can modify using the console. This ban will not be reversed.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
stckrboy wrote:
There was brief disagreements and an argument, but I was accused of using the N-word falsely in the private text chat, which a transcript was then sent to a moderator. The text was most likely inspect-elemented as that is simple to do to locally to modify existing messages.
Having reviewed the screenshot of the conversation from our logs I can tell you the accusation isn't false, you made discriminatory comments towards other server members in that DM. The screenshot we have is from the Discord app itself on mobile, not something you can modify using the console. This ban will not be reversed.
Whatever the screenshot actually says it can easily be falsified through photoshop or similar programs, I could just as easily do that, I did not say that, and the conversation was private, not on the Halo Discord. I do not mean to be rude but at the minimum I have to defend myself here.
I am going to make the assumption given 24 hours of no reply to my post asking to try and open a dialogue and try to discuss My banning and response ti it beyond a I told you three months ago No, and near instant response to someone elses post on a banning, That there is no chance to discuss the matter rationally and find a solution where A punishement is still enforced but where I can prove I am worthy of a second chance and that I have learned from the mistake and be able to rejoing the Halo discord community. I am saddened that liek when I first requested clarification like many others have on my ban, ie; its Durraation, being a fixed or permanent amount, or the reason why if permanent Why such a Harsh and honestly heavy handed punishment was handed down for a first and only offense. One would hope or at least expect that moderators or controlers of Discord servers would be more willing to at least discuss a punishment and be of an open mind or at least give the offender a little benefit of doubt given the fact that Text as opposed to speech communications tends to lack the tonal and body language cues that often times can change the meanings or intents of words from one thing to another. If a Moderator is willing and able to give me an honest chance to discuss this banning in a calm and reasonable manner, and not just Immediately Say No, and then refuse to even answer attempts to discuss the matter futher I am willing to do so Via messages of on this forum. I would like to state so there is no confusion or misinterpretation of what I have typed here, I am saying all of this above in the tone and intent to try and calmly open communication and not with any Anger or any other negative tones or intentions.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2