[Locked] Halo waypoint not working on the Xbox 360

OP DistantRecord40

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
I realise this is a bit of a bump, but I seem to be having a related issue and as a user approaching Waypoint from a clean start it's probably worth raising.

Having not seriously used Waypoint before (just menu browsing - hadn't actually played enough of any of the Halo games to warrant it until beating CEA a few weeks ago) I've encountered a number of issues.

Video playback doesn't work, period. First discovered this with The Fall of Reach, which launches into its menu but keeps encountering playback issues (with an oh-so-helpful generic failure message about retrieving the video from the Waypoint server). The issue, and same message, persists with other video content, including the Alpha Halo terminals archive. I can unlock them, but they don't play.

And that brings me to the second issue - the classified codes. The Alpha Halo ones unlock just fine, but they only reward me with videos that I can't play; no sign of credits in Reach. And they're the only codes that do unlock - the miscellaneous Secion 3 codes with no special requirements just make the console flash red with "???" (Day 1, Curious, Majestic, Rebirth, Castle, Bullseye, and Yanumas), the Silentium code tells me to read Silentium - which obviously is the way one is intended to find the code - and the Spartan Assault ones tell me to unlock achievements I've already unlocked.

Am I missing some undeclared requirements, or is the whole thing just bust?
Ded10c wrote:
I realise this is a bit of a bump, but I seem to be having a related issue and as a user approaching Waypoint from a clean start it's probably worth raising.

Having not seriously used Waypoint before (just menu browsing - hadn't actually played enough of any of the Halo games to warrant it until beating CEA a few weeks ago) I've encountered a number of issues.

Video playback doesn't work, period. First discovered this with The Fall of Reach, which launches into its menu but keeps encountering playback issues (with an oh-so-helpful generic failure message about retrieving the video from the Waypoint server). The issue, and same message, persists with other video content, including the Alpha Halo terminals archive. I can unlock them, but they don't play.

And that brings me to the second issue - the classified codes. The Alpha Halo ones unlock just fine, but they only reward me with videos that I can't play; no sign of credits in Reach. And they're the only codes that do unlock - the miscellaneous Secion 3 codes with no special requirements just make the console flash red with "???" (Day 1, Curious, Majestic, Rebirth, Castle, Bullseye, and Yanumas), the Silentium code tells me to read Silentium - which obviously is the way one is intended to find the code - and the Spartan Assault ones tell me to unlock achievements I've already unlocked.

Am I missing some undeclared requirements, or is the whole thing just bust?
I believe some of the credits and xp for Halo 4 are granted to the player regardless of meeting the requirements. Trust me I have a 98 milestone rank, closing in on completion.
Can someone please tell me if the Halo waypoint codes for the terminals in CEA still give you 100,000 credits? Or has that been discontinued?
Something has changed recently, and as a result I've just been able to unlock all of the codes I was having trouble with, in both the Section 3 and Draetheus V sections. Other issues persist.
Xbox 360 isnt working anymore, you cant download or buy online anymore....
Hey, sorry to bump such an old thread, but i think this is the right thread for this. Waypoint’s Reach credits and armors aren’t unlocking for me anymore, is there any way to get that stuff now that Waypoint isn’t ever getting updated again?
Please don't revive old topics thanks. The Xbox Waypoint app is no longer fully support in afraid
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7