Forums / Support / Other Support

Halo Waypoint on the 360

OP CRYTEK VIKING

Do you all remember the halo waypoint app/game for the 360? Well I feel like the features from that should be added to this web version of waypoint so that people can still unlock the stuff for halo reach and halo 4, what do you all think of this? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic.
Yea me to, I want to get the raider armour for halo 4, but now that 1. My 360 is broken, 2. They don’t have the 360 version of waypoint on here, and 3. Is that when you go on halo 4, it says take me to halo waypoint, but it takes you to halo channel (on the Xbox one) and same with reach, I want to get the reach armour.
Yea me to, I want to get the raider armour for halo 4, but now that 1. My 360 is broken, 2. They don’t have the 360 version of waypoint on here, and 3. Is that when you go on halo 4, it says take me to halo waypoint, but it takes you to halo channel (on the Xbox one) and same with reach, I want to get the reach armour.
You need access to the Xbox 360 app to get these armors in afraid and there are no current plans to bring that app to the Xbox One. As it stands the app and the games, outside of server maintenance, are largely unsupported now
I’m responding to stckrboy in this cuz I have no clue how to actually reply.. so anyways
why though, halo reach still has a decent amount of players on the Xbox one, so I wouldent understand why they wouldent bring back the old halo waypoint for this, or for the Xbox one, I mean halo 4 is kinda dead, but there are still people who like to enjoy these games, like me. There’s no telling for sure if they willl bring it back or not, but hopefully so... :)
I’m responding to stckrboy in this cuz I have no clue how to actually reply.. so anyways
why though, halo reach still has a decent amount of players on the Xbox one, so I wouldent understand why they wouldent bring back the old halo waypoint for this, or for the Xbox one, I mean halo 4 is kinda dead, but there are still people who like to enjoy these games, like me. There’s no telling for sure if they willl bring it back or not, but hopefully so... :)
It's about managing their resources. 343 took over support and sustain for Halo Reach while developing Halo CEA and Halo 4. At some point they need to wind down support for legacy games and focus their efforts on new projects. Right now their legacy resources are handling MCC updates and they also have small teams for Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5. Keeping those older games supported just can't really be justified now.
stckrboy wrote:
It's about managing their resources. 343 took over support and sustain for Halo Reach while developing Halo CEA and Halo 4. At some point they need to wind down support for legacy games and focus their efforts on new projects. Right now their legacy resources are handling MCC updates and they also have small teams for Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5. Keeping those older games supported just can't really be justified now.
thats the biggest f you to classic halo ive ever seen, ive spent an accumalation of around 12 hours testing whats causing bugs on reach,odst,halo 3 and waypoint, presented them to microsoft, presented to 343 and you are now telling me despite the cause of all the current bugs being gamebreaking 343 dont care? so glad i bought a £400 console and a £60 game that didnt work for 3 and a half years though, great resource management by 343! You literally cannot justify them leaving mcc broken for 3 and a half years and them ignoring gamebreaking classic bugs.If infinite isnt on halo 3 scale of success i guarantee halo will be dead by 2020.
I think at this point arguments about the time it took them to start work on MCC are kinda moot. The Insider program has been up and running since the start of the year and they have shown that they are dedicated to working through current issues and build new features for it - https://trello.com/b/WPZDzEBI/mcc-support-page - My points weren't aimed at MCC though, they were aimed at the other legacy titles.

I never once said 343 didn't care, they absolutely 100% do care. They don't have infinite resources to work with though so it's not really feasible to expect them to support and bug fix every Halo game out there, that's was what I was getting at.
stckrboy wrote:
Yes yes, but some of these older games are
still loved by many. Anyways, so basically what your saying is that 343 took support for all of bungies apps, like halo waypoint to name a few. So now thanks to them we can’t get this stuff for these older games, it’s not fair, some people like the older games, and I’m one of them. And for them to basically take all of our privileges on Xbox one? It’s not fair in my opinion. And I know there working on h6, but I’m always gonna be that halo reach and below guy.