Forums / Support / Other Support

[Locked] Halo Waypoint Xbox 360 Application Issues

OP BoundlessHalo97

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo: Reach has various in-game unlocks locked behind the Xbox 360 Halo Waypoint application. This application suffers from many problems due to neglect and, as I've just discovered, the section which unlocks those Halo: Reach armor pieces refuses to load and simply displays an error message. I wasted a Gold trial code on this.

I know that 343i have their hands full with breaking aspects of Halo: The Master Chief Collection while updating it (see Spartan Ops,) but surely they have a minute to address this. This application shouldn't require a Gold subscription to access to begin with, so the fact that they've completely abandoned it like this despite it being necessary for in-game items in both Halo: Reach and Halo 4 is disgusting.
There are a lot of other replies in this section about this topic, hopefully you took the time to read them to get an idea about why this happened.

It's no longer a fully supported app - it's accessible but you can't use a lot of the features - the idea was that the Halo Channel app was kinda there to replace Waypoint. Sure, it kinda sucks that there are exclusives through it that you can't access - but that's the nature of a 9 and 7 year old game. I wish I could still access the DLC for OG SWBF II on Xbox, because playing as Asajj Ventress was sick - but fact of the matter is, it's an old game and some things just aren't supported anymore.
Halo: Reach has various in-game unlocks locked behind the Xbox 360 Halo Waypoint application. This application suffers from many problems due to neglect and, as I've just discovered, the section which unlocks those Halo: Reach armor pieces refuses to load and simply displays an error message. I wasted a Gold trial code on this.

I know that 343i have their hands full with breaking aspects of Halo: The Master Chief Collection while updating it (see Spartan Ops,) but surely they have a minute to address this. This application shouldn't require a Gold subscription to access to begin with, so the fact that they've completely abandoned it like this despite it being necessary for in-game items in both Halo: Reach and Halo 4 is disgusting.
There are a lot of other replies in this section about this topic, hopefully you took the time to read them to get an idea about why this happened.

It's no longer a fully supported app - it's accessible but you can't use a lot of the features - the idea was that the Halo Channel app was kinda there to replace Waypoint. Sure, it kinda sucks that there are exclusives through it that you can't access - but that's the nature of a 9 and 7 year old game. I wish I could still access the DLC for OG SWBF II on Xbox, because playing as Asajj Ventress was sick - but fact of the matter is, it's an old game and some things just aren't supported anymore.
This thread has 343 responses regarding some of the game's issues. After seeing a few reports I'm assuming all Halo: Reach related items in Halo Waypoint for Xbox 360 (armor, credits from terminals, etc.) are experiencing issues right now. I don't know if they will be fixed once the upgrade for User Generated Content is completed or not.