Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Other Support

Is it legal to do this?

OP alexurantia8

Hello, I have a question that I do not know how the 343 service can answer me, is it about whether it is legal to hold my own tournaments by charging a ticket to the participants? And if so, can I give as prizes for example keys of nameplates that I have won in giveaways of grassroots partners or xbox accounts?
Hello, I have a question that I do not know how the 343 service can answer me, is it about whether it is legal to hold my own tournaments by charging a ticket to the participants? And if so, can I give as prizes for example keys of nameplates that I have won in giveaways of grassroots partners or xbox accounts?
Hi there! This is a bit of a grey area. You can absolutely host your own tournaments, and the tournaments may have a monetary prize or reward for winning. You must however follow the terms of service set out by Microsoft which you can view >>here<< and the terms of service set by 343i should fall in tandem with Microsoft.

As long as you don’t sell the codes etc you shouldn’t be breaking any tos. Giving them away isn’t an issue, but once money is involved and you stand to gain from the companies property that’s when you can find yourself in hot water.

If you’d like some help, feel free to private message me your idea for hosting a tournament and I’ll assist where I can.
UK1V wrote:
Hi there! This is a bit of a grey area. You can absolutely host your own tournaments, and the tournaments may have a monetary prize or reward for winning. You must however follow the terms of service set out by Microsoft which you can view >>here<< and the terms of service set by 343i should fall in tandem with Microsoft.

As long as you don’t sell the codes etc you shouldn’t be breaking any tos. Giving them away isn’t an issue, but once money is involved and you stand to gain from the companies property that’s when you can find yourself in hot water.

If you’d like some help, feel free to private message me your idea for hosting a tournament and I’ll assist where I can.
Thank you so much
UK1V wrote:

Thank you so much
My pleasure, just reply to this message or pm me if you require any extra help. Good luck with the tournament!