Forums / Support / Other Support

Linking Xbox Live Account To Halo Loot Crate

OP GeoCrockpot57

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am having an issue with linking my gamertag with my Loot Crate subscription. Everytime I tried to press the button to link my Xbox Live account in order to receive the special orange Crate badge, it keeps on showing the red message at the top of my screen "There was a problem linking this Xbox Live account. Verify it is not linked to another subscription or try again later". I contacted support about this when I had a Facebook login account back in early September. Then by mid October, the button to link through the Subscription tab had disappeared.

I verified to Support that there was no other subscription, only a gold membership subscription. Yet, it appeared that nothing was done to fix the problem, not even an update was able to fix anything. I requested to cancel that subscription on November 4th. I started over on and through a Loot Crate account instead of Facebook login. I LOVE everything that came in the loot crate from 343 that came in the mail, but the problem still persists and lingers! Any assistance and explainations would be much appreciated!
Unfortunately that sounds like an issue on Loot Crate's end of things and not 343i's. I guess you could try contacting Xbox Live support but I doubt it'll do anything. I was able to link my account a few years ago with no issues.

It could either be issues on Loot Crate's end or your own Xbox Live service.
Unfortunately that sounds like an issue on Loot Crate's end of things and not 343i's. I guess you could try contacting Xbox Live support but I doubt it'll do anything. I was able to link my account a few years ago with no issues.

It could either be issues on Loot Crate's end or your own Xbox Live service.
The problem is that I contacted Loot Crate twice and nothing was even done to fix the button to link and receive the orange Waypoint badge!
This isn't something we can help with here I'm afraid. If the button on Lootcrate's website isn't working then that's something that Lootcrate support need to look into.
stckrboy wrote:
This isn't something we can help with here I'm afraid. If the button on Lootcrate's website isn't working then that's something that Lootcrate support need to look into.
Right, and I understand that. But what I don't understand is that they aren't doing anything after already reaching out to them twice! There's nothing wrong on my side - I know that for certain because I got the Fireteam Apollo nameplate in MCC for "attempting" to link both my accounts.
Let us know if you find the solution. Kinda curious
That's a question that nobody here can answer. It's up to Lootcrate to resolve these issues, can't do anymore until they do
I'll have to try and contact them a third time then. I'm just hoping that StarSlay3r will see this thread and the two of us can get this sorted out.
I am currently dealing with the same problem from Loot Crate. I purchased a Halo Legendary crate today, and I was given an option to link my Xbox Live account. However, after I gave Loot Crate permission to have access to my Xbox live account, the website displayed a small banner that read "Unable to find a linked Xbox live account." This is frustrating, because I gave Loot Crate permission to use my Xbox live account, and I even double checked on the "linked accounts page" of my live account to make sure Loot Crate showed up. So theoretically I should be good to go, and have my Loot Crate account linked to my Xbox account and benefit from the exclusive nameplate on the MCC. But that isn't the case. I've scoured the forums, and it seems like many others have been dealing with this issue for years now. It really presents poorly upon Loot Crate's credibility as a company, as this is problem that they are responsible for still hasn't been resolved. I'm hoping that this is fixed soon, because I (along with many others) refuse to do business with a company that doesn't make good on its promises. Until then, I'll keep contacting Loot Crate's customer service and checking forums for updates or solutions.
Legitsky wrote:
I am currently dealing with the same problem from Loot Crate. I purchased a Halo Legendary crate today, and I was given an option to link my Xbox Live account. However, after I gave Loot Crate permission to have access to my Xbox live account, the website displayed a small banner that read "Unable to find a linked Xbox live account." This is frustrating, because I gave Loot Crate permission to use my Xbox live account, and I even double checked on the "linked accounts page" of my live account to make sure Loot Crate showed up. So theoretically I should be good to go, and have my Loot Crate account linked to my Xbox account and benefit from the exclusive nameplate on the MCC. But that isn't the case. I've scoured the forums, and it seems like many others have been dealing with this issue for years now. It really presents poorly upon Loot Crate's credibility as a company, as this is problem that they are responsible for still hasn't been resolved. I'm hoping that this is fixed soon, because I (along with many others) refuse to do business with a company that doesn't make good on its promises. Until then, I'll keep contacting Loot Crate's customer service and checking forums for updates or solutions.
Right! I made it very clear to them that there is nothing wrong on my side the third time I tried to get this fixed just last week. Yet they believe that it's because of my device or browser that is possibly the problem or that my credentials are stuck in the cookies. Nothing's wrong, it's their system!
Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop in to let you know that the issue definitely isn't being ignored. It's something our Dev team has been working to resolve.

Here's all the info I have for you:

At one point last year the link appeared to stop working. We do not currently know why this happened and our dev team is investigating the issue.

- If you have successfully connected your Microsoft account in the past, it should still be connected.
- For some Looters, you might see the button for linking show back up like you never connected accounts. This is just a visual bug, and on the account customer support can see the active link.
- If you haven’t been able to connect yet, stay tuned for an upcoming fix!
StarSlay3r wrote:
Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop in to let you know that the issue definitely isn't being ignored. It's something our Dev team has been working to resolve.

At one point last year the link appeared to stop working. We do not currently know why this happened and our dev team is investigating the issue.
- If you have successfully connected your Microsoft account in the past, it should still be connected.
- For some Looters, you might see the button for linking show back up like you never connected accounts. This is just a visual bug, and on the account customer support can see the active link.
I started my subscription 07/2018 and tried linking my Gamertag back then but I got an error code saying I already have a GT linked to my account which wasn’t the case.

I contacted support in October 2018 to help me out with this issue and they told me that their system showed my Gamertag was successfully linked to my account back when I initially tried to do it (I checked the Xbox site too and it told me the same) and that the waypoint badge should appear after a few days.

But the badge never appeared on waypoint and the only thing that happened is that the option to link a gt disappeared a few days after the message I received from the support team.

I’m regularly checking my waypoint account hoping the badge would show up, but it never does.

Should I contact support again or should I wait till the problem is fixed?
I'd suggest waiting until our dev team has has a fix for this linking issue, then we can see if that fixes your issue as well or if it's a completely separate issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.
StarSlay3r wrote:

Is there any legitimate progress in fixing this issue? I opened a case with customer support months ago, and all I’ve received in that time is the same copy/paste email over and over and over again. Every few days I get an email saying the issue is being investigated and should be resolved soon. It has been literally no help whatsoever. And I’m not the only one; this issue seems to be affecting dozens of your customers. I hope this account linking fiasco can be resolved soon, because people have been waiting many months for a solution and only received poor customer service all the while.
I’m having the same problems please help haha. Can’t link Xbox live account to loot crate and my badge is missing..
StarSlay3r wrote:
I'd suggest waiting until our dev team has has a fix for this linking issue, then we can see if that fixes your issue as well or if it's a completely separate issue. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Any news? This is a bummer.. we all appreciate you and your team’s help.
StarSlay3r wrote:
Any news? This is a bummer.. we all appreciate you and your team’s help.
I'm sure she'll give us the word around the time a fix is ready.
I have the same problem but I've linked my account and not yet received my Waypoint badge. It would be great to get more info,when available. Waiting patiently...
I have the same problem but I've linked my account and not yet received my Waypoint badge. It would be great to get more info,when available. Waiting patiently...
Yeah, lately most of us since like earlier last year who wanted this badge, along with some 343 Industries goodies have had these same issues while very little were able to link, but not receive the badge. I can't even link my Xbox Live gamertag/Waypoint account with my Halo Loot Crate subscription until the announcement on the release of the fix update is given by StarSlay3r.
StarSlay3r wrote:

I started my subscription 07/2018 and tried linking my Gamertag back then but I got an error code saying I already have a GT linked to my account which wasn’t the case.

I contacted support in October 2018 to help me out with this issue and they told me that their system showed my Gamertag was successfully linked to my account back when I initially tried to do it (I checked the Xbox site too and it told me the same) and that the waypoint badge should appear after a few days.

But the badge never appeared on waypoint and the only thing that happened is that the option to link a gt disappeared a few days after the message I received from the support team.

I’m regularly checking my waypoint account hoping the badge would show up, but it never does.

Should I contact support again or should I wait till the problem is fixed?
I am also having the same issue where I only have one account and Loot Crate shows up as app with permissions but it continues to say can't find linked XBL account :( I don't know what to do, the customer service just keeps going in circles. :\ I guess I may have to cancel if this isn't resolved... This is my first go at Loot Crate kinda regretting it right now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2