Linking Xbox Live Account To Halo Loot Crate

OP GeoCrockpot57

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
StarSlay3r wrote:
Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop in to let you know that the issue definitely isn't being ignored. It's something our Dev team has been working to resolve.

Here's all the info I have for you:

At one point last year the link appeared to stop working. We do not currently know why this happened and our dev team is investigating the issue.
- If you have successfully connected your Microsoft account in the past, it should still be connected.
- For some Looters, you might see the button for linking show back up like you never connected accounts. This is just a visual bug, and on the account customer support can see the active link.
- If you haven’t been able to connect yet, stay tuned for an upcoming fix!
Hey, it’s been a year now. Any updates?
SAM 602 wrote:
StarSlay3r wrote:
Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop in to let you know that the issue definitely isn't being ignored. It's something our Dev team has been working to resolve.

At one point last year the link appeared to stop working. We do not currently know why this happened and our dev team is investigating the issue.
- If you have successfully connected your Microsoft account in the past, it should still be connected.
- For some Looters, you might see the button for linking show back up like you never connected accounts. This is just a visual bug, and on the account customer support can see the active link.
I started my subscription 07/2018 and tried linking my Gamertag back then but I got an error code saying I already have a GT linked to my account which wasn’t the case.

I contacted support in October 2018 to help me out with this issue and they told me that their system showed my Gamertag was successfully linked to my account back when I initially tried to do it (I checked the Xbox site too and it told me the same) and that the waypoint badge should appear after a few days.

But the badge never appeared on waypoint and the only thing that happened is that the option to link a gt disappeared a few days after the message I received from the support team.

I’m regularly checking my waypoint account hoping the badge would show up, but it never does.

Should I contact support again or should I wait till the problem is fixed?
I am also having the same issue where I only have one account and Loot Crate shows up as app with permissions but it continues to say can't find linked XBL account :( I don't know what to do, the customer service just keeps going in circles. :\ I guess I may have to cancel if this isn't resolved... This is my first go at Loot Crate kinda regretting it right now.
Hang in there,it will be worth it when you get your Halo Loot crate. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon and then everyone in the Haloverse will be Happy..
Hello everyone, I am also having these issues. I chatted with a Loot Crate representative today and he told me that my Loot Crate account was linked to my Xbox/Microsoft Account. He told me to clear my cashe and cookies and told me to try multiple browsers. He said if that didn't work I should double check to see if Loot Crate is linked to the correct Microsoft Account that im using here.

To Check go to: https://account.live.com/consent/Manage ---This should be the account you are using to login to waypoint and for your Xbox Live. After you go here you should see Loot Crate as one of the listed linked apps (if this is the account you use for waypoint/Xbox). If this is the account you use for waypoint/Xbox and you do not see Loot Crate here then you are linked to the wrong account.

If you do not see the Loot Crate app listed OR if its linked to the wrong account then go to lootcrate.com and unlink your account via the account management page.

then go back to https://account.live.com/consent/Manage and delete loot crate from the apps. After deleting loot crate from apps log out of your live account completely so its not stuck in cookies. Go back to lootcrate.com and attempt to link the accounts again.

I hope this helps someone out there. I've told it to you nearly word for word as the representative told me. Unfortunately it did not work for me but its always different for everyone. Good luck to you all :)
Ezio Wolf wrote:
Hello everyone, I am also having these issues. I chatted with a Loot Crate representative today and he told me that my Loot Crate account was linked to my Xbox/Microsoft Account. He told me to clear my cashe and cookies and told me to try multiple browsers. He said if that didn't work I should double check to see if Loot Crate is linked to the correct Microsoft Account that im using here.

To Check go to: https://account.live.com/consent/Manage ---This should be the account you are using to login to waypoint and for your Xbox Live. After you go here you should see Loot Crate as one of the listed linked apps (if this is the account you use for waypoint/Xbox). If this is the account you use for waypoint/Xbox and you do not see Loot Crate here then you are linked to the wrong account.

If you do not see the Loot Crate app listed OR if its linked to the wrong account then go to lootcrate.com and unlink your account via the account management page.

then go back to https://account.live.com/consent/Manage and delete loot crate from the apps. After deleting loot crate from apps log out of your live account completely so its not stuck in cookies. Go back to lootcrate.com and attempt to link the accounts again.

I hope this helps someone out there. I've told it to you nearly word for word as the representative told me. Unfortunately it did not work for me but its always different for everyone. Good luck to you all :)
I know, this was my similar experience with a representative. We should all be grateful enough that StarSlay3r replied in this thread to assure us that the problem is being worked on and be patient until the fix is ready to go.
Having this issue, too. It shows up as linked on my Microsoft account, but on the Loot Crate site says "unable to find linked account". I really hope they fix this.
Ezio Wolf wrote:

Thats the solution that they keep telling me except it doesn't work for me. :( There is no reason why it shouldn't work I only have the one account.
Yep I’m still having this issue too. It’s crap because we are apparnelty missing out on special content right?!?

Not it to mention I started my subscription beginning of January and haven’t even received my first crate. Unfortunately this has been a terrible first experience. Probably cancel after this.
ManSickle wrote:
Yep I’m still having this issue too. It’s crap because we are apparnelty missing out on special content right?!?

Not it to mention I started my subscription beginning of January and haven’t even received my first crate. Unfortunately this has been a terrible first experience. Probably cancel after this.
I’m right there with you brother. I ordered my crate in late December and still have not received it. We can’t even access our special digital content, which you think would be a bare minimum right? The customer service is awful too. I already canceled my subscription and will never order from Loot Crate again. I don’t care if they offer a crate with a free Lamborghini included, they won’t have my business. They have a bad reputation for dodgy service in general, I should’ve listened to the reviews and stayed away. What a sham.
I have spoken to loot crate support, they told me it was Microsoft’s issue. I just got done with them and they told me it was halos issue. And I have an email from microsoft saying it’s a halo issue. Do monitors hand out badges? I’d like to send proof of my subscription so I can get a badge. If not oh well, it’s not a huge deal. Just kinda lame everyone is blaming each other and yet no fix has come from this.
I sit alot wrote:
I have spoken to loot crate support, they told me it was Microsoft’s issue. I just got done with them and they told me it was halos issue. And I have an email from microsoft saying it’s a halo issue. Do monitors hand out badges? I’d like to send proof of my subscription so I can get a badge. If not oh well, it’s not a huge deal. Just kinda lame everyone is blaming each other and yet no fix has come from this.
As far as we know it's an issue on Lootcrate's end. Monitors cannot give out badges, that's an admin / 343 thing. The lootcrate badge is automatically granted, I don't think it can be updated until lootcrate resolve the issues they're having
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/386c0102f55b48a3a0cc5412c3714e02/topics/linking-xbox-live-account-to-halo-loot-crate/d5e16344-885e-45f5-8655-644a30dc037d/posts?page=1#post11
Wow wish I would've read this thread before I ordered. Doesn't look like I'll get my badge. Welp..
stckrboy wrote:
I sit alot wrote:
As far as we know it's an issue on Lootcrate's end. Monitors cannot give out badges, that's an admin / 343 thing. The lootcrate badge is automatically granted, I don't think it can be updated until lootcrate resolve the issues they're having
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/386c0102f55b48a3a0cc5412c3714e02/topics/linking-xbox-live-account-to-halo-loot-crate/d5e16344-885e-45f5-8655-644a30dc037d/posts?page=1#post11
Weird because I have an email from Microsoft themselves claiming it’s an halo issue, maybe the way point? Which shocked me because I’ve read the same thing you’ve stated. Seems loot crate claims many things, but a Microsoft support person told me otherwise. Kind of lame. I wish I had cool badges.
StarSlay3r wrote:

has there been any fixes? Just ordered and have the same problem.
What gives with the super delay of the Tech Crate? It is over a month late. LC seriously needs to get it together. I have decided that once I receive the last of Series 3 I am out. It is so not worth the headache to receive merchandise that is late for starters or that I can pick and choose on ebay without the wait and i know tracking info is good.

LootCrate has definitely lost the trust of the community, for quality, consistency, delivery, timeliness, and communication. FAIL across the board. The responses from their support team are vague and nebulous and do nothing but inflame an already maddening situation. If you charge someone for a subscription deliver it on time. Not a hard concept.
What gives with the super delay of the Tech Crate? It is over a month late. LC seriously needs to get it together. I have decided that once I receive the last of Series 3 I am out. It is so not worth the headache to receive merchandise that is late for starters or that I can pick and choose on ebay without the wait and i know tracking info is good.

LootCrate has definitely lost the trust of the community, for quality, consistency, delivery, timeliness, and communication. FAIL across the board. The responses from their support team are vague and nebulous and do nothing but inflame an already maddening situation. If you charge someone for a subscription deliver it on time. Not a hard concept.
This ^. The level of sheer incompetence and complacency this company has displayed is mind boggling. I’ve discouraged several of my friends from purchasing any LootCrates, since the status of your package can literally become a guessing game. To anyone reading this thread that is considering purchasing a LootCrate with the primary intent of unlocking Fireteam Apollo digital content; I’m afraid you’re out of luck. It’s a Russian roulette with bad odds whether or not your Xbox account will link to the LootCrate site, thus preventing you from accessing your nameplates/ badges/ emblems. Even worse still, your crate could potentially be delayed indefinitely. I placed an order for my Halo Legendary LootCrate in December 2018 and STILL have not received my crate as of this posting (nearly 4 months). My complaints to the customer service team have been met with automated emails and virtually no real help, and the problem with linking an Xbox account to the LootCrate website has been a plaguing users for over a year. Hands down the worst online shopping experience I’ve had.
AsgardianHammer / Legitsky - just a reminder that those aren't Halo issues, they're Lootcrate issues. You really need to take those up with Lootcrate support and not here, thanks
I canceled my loot crate subscription and sent them a nasty message letting them know how displeased I am. Seriously within 2 hours I got a notification saying my crate has shipped!!!! FINALLY!!! Now let’s see how long it takes to arrive!
stckrboy wrote:
AsgardianHammer / Legitsky - just a reminder that those aren't Halo issues, they're Lootcrate issues. You really need to take those up with Lootcrate support and not here, thanks
They have been. This thread was about an issue related to Loot Crate and Microsoft on Digital Content. Also as MS and 343i have entered into a license agreement with LC for Halo I.P. it is relevant. Either way no one is getting resolution on the issue described. LC has been made aware numerous times of their failed efforts to resolve the problems. My hope is the License Owner is seriously contemplating how their property is being mishandled.
Welp, I wish I knew about this sooner. Found this thread after having issues connecting my account. Ugh, I just hope it gets worked out and I get my digital badges and crate on time.
I'm having issues with connecting my account as well - funny thing is, when I tried to connect my account via the Loot Crate website, I got an error message.

I also got an email saying that "New app(s) connected to your Microsoft account. New app(s) have access to your data. Loot Crate connected to the Microsoft account XXXX@hotmail.com"

So something is connecting on some level.

I really wonder where the issue is...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3