Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Other Support

Old School Recon

OP OhAlvarez

Okay so my friends and I decided we where going to do the vidmaster challenges to get recon and to 100% the original games. We know back in the day you had to sign into bungie.com to unlock the recon after achieving the achievements, but we also heard with the games becoming backwards compatible that 343 fixed this issue and you should get it automatically after unlocking the achievements. Anyone know what actually ends up happening?
Unfortunately, Recon armor is no longer obtainable in Halo 3.
OhAlvarez wrote:
Okay so my friends and I decided we where going to do the vidmaster challenges to get recon and to 100% the original games. We know back in the day you had to sign into bungie.com to unlock the recon after achieving the achievements, but we also heard with the games becoming backwards compatible that 343 fixed this issue and you should get it automatically after unlocking the achievements. Anyone know what actually ends up happening?
During the transition of data from Bungie to 343i which took place back in 2012/2013, if you had an active Xbox LIVE account, you would unlock Recon automatically. Any time after that period, as L E G E N ID quite rightly says above me, Recon became unobtainable, even if you unlock all of the Vidmaster achievements.