Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] 1

OP RivalMatt117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
avoid this thread
alot of these issues are on 343s radar and will soon be patched, it just takes time. Try to space out your posts in future and use paragraphs' to make it easier to read, as some people won't even attempt to read low effort posts
Some of these things are true especially leader powers. But I don't think you read all the patch notes. They nerfed the base damage of sentinels as well. The nerfed the torpedo for banshee. And the buffs for the elites I think will make them a lot more viable
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
I'm not talking about the flamethrower update. I mean the entire game needs to be fixed before they release any new characters, or I don't even know what new problems will arise. First of all, I'm already SICK of having to have certain leaders always playing. If you don't at least have a cutter and an anders on your team right now, you lose. You have to have one or both of them to win a game against decent players. I know people will argue and say banished have an equal opportunity but that isn't the case. Unsc infantry are vastly superior to banished infantry. Right now they don't compare, and while this next update will increase the range and damage of ranger elites and suicide grunts, it won't be enough. Also anti air seriously sucks. A full army of wolverines has no chance against a full sentinel/banshee/ hornet army. They lose at a 10 to 3 ratio. Not only do they suck at killing the units they were designed to kill, but they took away the volly ability,which was used to damage bases. If you build a -Yoink- ton of wolverines you've lost twice because they will be destroyed quickly and they can't attack a base because they don't do any real damage to buildings. Same with reavers. Then if you stagger your army, and have multiple squads of good counter untis(cyclops, wolverines, snipers, marines) you can't win because not enough units can focus on the air craft, especially anders sentinels. To those who think sentinels are going away in this next patch think again. They are only slightly nerfing the speed, and then a large nerf on base damage. Not resistance to damage. Not the damage they do to units like wolverines and reavers that they melt. So anders sentinels will still be able to out maneuver and outshoot anti air armies, and will still reach your base long before you can stop them. They also melt other aircraft including banshees which have busted anti air torpedos. They completely destroy hornets too. But I think the biggest flaw right now in halowars 2, is the leader powers. Half of them just shouldn't exist, they take away the strategy of the game. For one eradication beam needs a nerf against infantry. Most of the leader abilities, such as eradication beam and the close air support abilities, do way to much damage to infantry, and have two or more dropped on your army at once is almost certain doom. You shouldn't be able to kill someone's entire army with leader abilities alone. Ship masters ability to teleport enemy units need multiple nerfs. The amount of units, the start up time, the distance, and the ability to kill an army by teleporting them outside the map...all need to be nerfed. They are nerfing instead the cleansing beam, which is an actual good balanced ability for banished. Yea they do a lot of damage, but you can run from it at least and it won't destroy your entire army if you don't let it. I'm honestly losing faith fast in creative assemblies ability to produce balanced patches, the last update was to fix the crashing issues, and even though they certainly are less frequent, crashing is still very real. I hope the future updates will fix this game because it is still fun despite its vast amount of flaws
Can I down vote this? I want to down vote this post.
I have no issues with Halo Wars 2. Leaders are balanced just fine. Anders does need a boost to build time and increase cost for the Protector Sentinel.

Leader Powers are fine too. All if then add subtle dynamics I enjoy countering. Eradication? C'mon. You clearly bunch your units up to get waxed. That is your own fault. I have no issues getting units out of the way. Teleport has never moved my units out of the playable area.

It sounds like you are not very good at micro-ing so you blame it on everything else, because you can not stop it.

Oh yeah... China called.... they want their wall back.
just because you don't agree with someone doesn't give you any right to disregaurd their issues. I personally have not dealt with many of the issues people have, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I had the shipmaster big happen to a friend of mine in a 3v3 against the Ai and it cost us the game
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
I'm not talking about the flamethrower update. I mean the entire game needs to be fixed before they release any new characters, or I don't even know what new problems will arise. First of all, I'm already SICK of having to have certain leaders always playing. If you don't at least have a cutter and an anders on your team right now, you lose. You have to have one or both of them to win a game against decent players. I know people will argue and say banished have an equal opportunity but that isn't the case. Unsc infantry are vastly superior to banished infantry. Right now they don't compare, and while this next update will increase the range and damage of ranger elites and suicide grunts, it won't be enough. Also anti air seriously sucks. A full army of wolverines has no chance against a full sentinel/banshee/ hornet army. They lose at a 10 to 3 ratio. Not only do they suck at killing the units they were designed to kill, but they took away the volly ability,which was used to damage bases. If you build a -Yoink- ton of wolverines you've lost twice because they will be destroyed quickly and they can't attack a base because they don't do any real damage to buildings. Same with reavers. Then if you stagger your army, and have multiple squads of good counter untis(cyclops, wolverines, snipers, marines) you can't win because not enough units can focus on the air craft, especially anders sentinels. To those who think sentinels are going away in this next patch think again. They are only slightly nerfing the speed, and then a large nerf on base damage. Not resistance to damage. Not the damage they do to units like wolverines and reavers that they melt. So anders sentinels will still be able to out maneuver and outshoot anti air armies, and will still reach your base long before you can stop them. They also melt other aircraft including banshees which have busted anti air torpedos. They completely destroy hornets too. But I think the biggest flaw right now in halowars 2, is the leader powers. Half of them just shouldn't exist, they take away the strategy of the game. For one eradication beam needs a nerf against infantry. Most of the leader abilities, such as eradication beam and the close air support abilities, do way to much damage to infantry, and have two or more dropped on your army at once is almost certain doom. You shouldn't be able to kill someone's entire army with leader abilities alone. Ship masters ability to teleport enemy units need multiple nerfs. The amount of units, the start up time, the distance, and the ability to kill an army by teleporting them outside the map...all need to be nerfed. They are nerfing instead the cleansing beam, which is an actual good balanced ability for banished. Yea they do a lot of damage, but you can run from it at least and it won't destroy your entire army if you don't let it. I'm honestly losing faith fast in creative assemblies ability to produce balanced patches, the last update was to fix the crashing issues, and even though they certainly are less frequent, crashing is still very real. I hope the future updates will fix this game because it is still fun despite its vast amount of flaws
I have no issues with Halo Wars 2. Leaders are balanced just fine. Anders does need a boost to build time and increase cost for the Protector Sentinel.

Leader Powers are fine too. All if then add subtle dynamics I enjoy countering. Eradication? C'mon. You clearly bunch your units up to get waxed. That is your own fault. I have no issues getting units out of the way. Teleport has never moved my units out of the playable area.

It sounds like you are not very good at micro-ing so you blame it on everything else, because you can not stop it.

just because you don't agree with someone doesn't give you any right to disregaurd their issues. I personally have not dealt with many of the issues people have, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I had the shipmaster big happen to a friend of mine in a 3v3 against the Ai and it cost us the game
That is fine Crimson. I am just countering his post, which I have the right to do. The OP wins 3 out of 4 matches. And his great wall seems as though he doesn't want to lose ever, so let's subtract a few dynamics from the game to make it more simple.

My point is, Halo Wars has minor issues at worst. If your read this extremist post, someone who has not played the game would be greatly misinformed
this game need to be polished...
its cluncky at times.. just for exemple:

- when the game start and i want to fast build something it builds something else and when i try to destroy it wont let me for like 1 or 2 second

- sometimes when the game start and i want to go fast and want to build a supply pad.. it doenst build it

- when i play with atriox chosen and something atack him, i cant get him out of the fight.. he will stay there untill he die

- i would like to be able to chose how fast i want to move around the map.. right now its so slow

-when im in the middle of a fight and i want to select 1 unit ... even if i see it and my cursor is right on it..
i have to make 180 angle and most of the time its too late
-if they cant get rid of disconnecting issues.. id lile to be able to go back to the game and have a chance to win.. just like smite or league of legend

or at least give all my resources to my teamates just like starcraft 2.. let all the bases alive and distribute resources amongs the rest of the teamates
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
NxtDoc1851 wrote:

That is fine Crimson. I am just countering his post, which I have the right to do. The OP wins 3 out of 4 matches. And his great wall seems as though he doesn't want to lose ever, so let's subtract a few dynamics from the game to make it more simple.

My point is, Halo Wars has minor issues at worst. If your read this extremist post, someone who has not played the game would be greatly misinformed
I agree with 100% in everything you said,It's just the start hit me a little raw. Bad memories of downvoting on Reddit.

I know we see alot of these posts, and some are just troll attempts, mentioning bugs that have been mentioned ten fold already. I meant only to prevent innessary banning, as alot of threads as of late have been getting flagged for going off topic and arguing about the legitimacy of the posters claims.
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
NxtDoc1851 wrote:

I agree with 100% in everything you said,It's just the start hit me a little raw. Bad memories of downvoting on Reddit.

I know we see alot of these posts, and some are just troll attempts, mentioning bugs that have been mentioned ten fold already. I meant only to prevent innessary banning, as alot of threads as of late have been getting flagged for going off topic and arguing about the legitimacy of the posters claims.
Apologies Crimson. I should of clarified the down vote haha. It was actually intended to sound jokingly, and then transition into seriousness.

Because, I do not want to see any Leader Abilities nerfed further, or the more passive abilities removed. The leader abilities keep you on your toes. And they should be devastating and crush your army. They are ORBITAL BOMBARDMENTS OP (ORIGINAL POSTER)!
I guess one can say they're not being ''quick enough'' when it comes to patches but the patches they do bring out do address a good portion of the problems that the player base points out.
agree, please do not let us down
I guess one can say they're not being ''quick enough'' when it comes to patches but the patches they do bring out do address a good portion of the problems that the player base points out.
took them 4 weeks to fix pc version. feelsbadman
OP cleary is unaware of the patch notes. "Flamethrower update" LMAO
You do realize that fixes and updates take time to figure out? I figure an update every two weeks is pretty quick
I read no more than the first few sentences and then stopped reading. No kid, read the patch notes they posted, stickied up top that detail nerfs, buffs, and fixes you just described and the click the link in them for the community update and read the break down and exact reasons for the buffs and nerfs. Patch notes updated March 16th, go read that
I think desperately is a bit much lol.
I think desperately is a bit much lol.
Eh, considering some Leader powers/passives are flat out broken, I kinda have to agree that fixes are sorely needed.

(For those who don't know, Shipmaster's passive that reduces the cost of cloaking generators actually makes them stop working shortly after being built. And Captain Cutter's Battle Hardened passive completely disables veterancy gain, instead of making it faster. These things are part of what makes each leader unique, and the fact that they haven't been fixed yet is very bad.)
-ship master teleporting your units outside the map...
-atriox chozen stop moving in the middle of the fight
-constant server error and disconnect
etc etc etc
this game clearly was not ready to come out this early... alot of test and bug to fix
thank you. You guys are awesome
Settle down OP. If people are making illegitimate claims about your abilities (or lack thereof) there is no reason to refute those claims. Responding with "fight me" x3 is not going to win them over to your side. There are significant positive changes in the coming update. You need to relax and understand that not everything can be changed into perfection at once. These updates are large and bugfixes require intense coding. You're asking for things that are unreasonable and demanding them in an impossible time frame. Understand that when you do that, people are going to react negatively.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2